EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 117
The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Are you a natural? - Part II

do you remember having some kind of LD as a child?
do you remember having some kind of LD as a child?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 494 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 370 ]
Total Votes : 864

Page 1 of 6Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author  Message 
flipasso
Knock kNocK
Somniologist

Are you a natural? - Part II
PostPosted: Fri 24 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

<mod>This is a multi part topic, Part I is here The poll has been moved to preserve it, from part I to part II dragon </mod>

Damn, where are the polls?
I wanted to make a yes or no poll, but with a read me first.

I'm not a natural LDer, in fact I can't LD at all. I just had a few lucid moments, but I do know one thing.
When I first read this site I remembered beeing a kid and having had a dream where I said to myself "Hey, I'm dreaming!".
I don't remember having any control over the dream or maintaining lucidity, or having done it again, but i do remember that one time. A lot of people I talked to said they did remeber having done that as childs.
A guy I talked to said he does it a lot of times since he was a little kid. He didn't mention having LD's everyday.
So the question is, do you remember having some kind of LD as a child?

Moderators: Sory, didn't really know where to put this post, if you feel like it, move it.
Please put the poll I mention above, and tell me how to put up a poll, I think I did it in the past, but I don't know how to do it now!

peace@us.all

[Q-edit]I made the poll for you, read me first with the poll is kind of impossible, hope it is OK for you like this smile [/Q edit]

Last edited by flipasso on Fri 24 Jun, 2005; edited 1 time in total
Kazbian

PostPosted: Sat 30 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

When I was younger I only became lucid from nightmares, but then I'd just make myself wake up to get out the nightmare. I don't know if that counts as me being a natural or not. whatsthat

mainas

PostPosted: Mon 09 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Kazbian wrote:
When I was younger I only became lucid from nightmares, but then I'd just make myself wake up to get out the nightmare. I don't know if that counts as me being a natural or not. whatsthat
thats a start because you know you dream and you try to wake yp.i have big problem with it!dream very tense and i try to wake up and i wake up in my dream but not for real so i get comfuse and dont know wats real and wats dream..one time 1 year ago i woke up 3 times and still was in the dream so i was askin if this is reality or dream?when i really woke up i screamed to understand i am awake!

<edit>
morfeas wrote:
Kazbian wrote:
thats a start because you know you dream and you try to wake yp.i have big problem with it!dream very tense and i try to wake up and i wake up in my dream but not for real so i get comfuse and dont know wats real and wats dream..one time 1 year ago i woke up 3 times and still was in the dream so i was askin if this is reality or dream?when i really woke up i screamed to understand i am awake!

like a trap in your mind.</edit>

<mod>Edited two posts together. dragon</mod>

rdz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

flipasso wrote:
It seems that you didn't get my point! I wanted to know if :
"Did you at any time in your life, got conscious that you were dreaming before hearing about lucid dreams?"
I don't mean being the lord of your dream world, just that "Hey, I'm dreaming" feeling.

I did accidentally lucid dream for the the first time while growing up as a kid. I've been the type of guy who kept things to himself, pondered about it himself and resolved it himself in his own way.

I dreamt that I was falling straight into the earth with no parachutes or any safety measures, just the clothes I had on. I was so scared that I just started wishing that I could fly and thats when it hit me; I started flying. I flew in multiple directions to confirm that I was really doing this. But that's as far as I remember about my first and only lucid .

As for being able to go lucid naturally, I don't think so. Though that happened a long time ago, for the past month I've been keeping a Journal and practicing methods to go lucid. It has not happened yet.

Current LD goal(s): To turn it into a skill
optimize
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Kazbian wrote:

Same here.

Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

I believe we should split the natural topic.

I am curious about how many people get LDs naturally without using any technique.

monstah
King Nothing
Lucid Initiate
LD count: o(1/t)

I thought I had shared some opinion on this topic, seems I was wrong.

Anyway, I've had almost lucid dreams my whole life, without any technique. But then, when I try to actually have them, I can't. But still, my normal dreams are in the boundaries between most people's regular dreams and the epic lucid dreams I read from you, so I guess I'm fine.

So, am I a natural? I'm not sure. I know I'm a natural dreamer, but I've never achieved the ammount of control over my dreams I wish I'd have (and I've been practicing it my whole 26 years of life).

Current LD goal(s): Ride Nightgaunts to Kadath; build my own Dark Tower
Thethirdbrother
Ethereal Medic
Novice dreamer
LD count: Learning...

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

For me, learning to LD is one of the most difficult things I've ever tried to do.

Lucidityy
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

It took me four nights to have a successfull LD, i dont know if i used any technique all i did was say " i will wake up after a dream" i said this once and went to sleep.

Move Zig
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Dozens

PostPosted: Thu 09 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Yes I remember a childhood LD, and seem to be a natural with WILD, but for some reason really lack the willpower to make it happen every night. Anyway, under the right circumstances (extended Alpha state without falling asleep OR very quick, short WBTBs) can trigger a spontaneous WILD, where all I have to do is focus on the sensations for a few seconds and blam, I'm in the LD.

Current LD goal(s): Establish a reliable WILD technique; learn how to extend duration of LDs

Last edited by Move Zig on Fri 10 Jun, 2011; edited 1 time in total
altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Thu 09 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

It took me a year at first, but after that I've had loads, even when I haven't been practising for them. So they were always pleasant.
Reason it took so long was because I didn't believe in myself.

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.
Dakotahnok
LD count: 43 in 2011

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Yea. I have been having lucid dreams since I was very young. One of the first things that I did was walk on water.

Current LD goal(s): Flying to the moon and sliding back to earth on a water slide,
lucidadelic
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

I am, I didn't know there was such thing as a natural actually, but I clearly can remember when I was a kid that I was able to control some parts of my dreams :D

Current LD goal(s): Meet My Spirit-guide.
smooky

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Not that I know of..

Maddie
Maddie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Countless

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jul, 2011  Reply with quote

I was actually better at lucid dreaming when I was a child. I first discovered it when one night, my brother told me that if I thought about something really nice before I went to bed, I would dream about it. I did and it happened. Then I realised I could control my dreams once I realised I was dreaming. I still have reasonable control over my dreams now, but I've noticed I have to "will" much harder to make things happen. I'm guessing this is because when you're younger, your mind hasn't become so "conditioned" as to what should and shouldn't happen. As a child, flying in dreams was really easy, because I just thought, "Flying- hey, why not?". As an adult, I know I'm not supposed to be able to fly and so I have to overcome that first in order to take control.

Page 1 of 6Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

print   ShareShare