EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

The ‘Keys’ to Lucid-Dreaming

Author  Message 

The ‘Keys’ to Lucid-Dreaming
PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

In my opinion, one of the biggest keys to lucid-dreaming is your motivation.

Someone who is very motivated to work to have LD’s will probably be much more successful than someone who just wants to have LD’s but really doesn’t do anything to become a better lucid-dreamer. Note that what I just said is really hypocritical because I’m exactly like the latter!

So, one could say that to become better at lucid-dreaming, the first step that you have to take before all others is to actually become motivated.

I made this topic to identify the ‘keys’ to lucid-dreaming and find out how to make a Lucid Beginner motivated so that she/he could and would become a successful lucid dreamer.

I’d love to see what you people have to say. smile

SouljahdeShiva
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Linked to motivation are: intent, patience and perseverance.

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

I think patience is indeed a key factor. I see many 'new' people complaining on the forum that "after 2 tries with MILD i havent had any succes"... One should stick at least several weeks with practissing one technique.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

Quote:
to find out how to make a Lucid Beginner motivated so that she/he could and would become a successful lucid dreamer.

One of these reasons could be found the BIG Fav thing to do in a LD topic... smile

flipasso
Knock kNocK
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I agree. Work is a elementary factor!
And I'm a lazy one too! turn3 hehe Lazy people love to talk, and tell others what they should do! turn3
Another day I talked to a LD'er in msn, don't remember his nickname 'cause he rarely appears in the forum.
I was explaining him what I usually did when trying to WILD. - never actually succeeded, but I came near.
Talking to him about that made me want to try again.
I was actually trying everynight, but with very low effort.
That same night I gave it a hard(er) try and had some success!
I've been trying more again, and the other night I came real close to having a real WILD.
The night after I didn't actually get into the dream but I found some new things about me! (i was going to right, us)

So things are moving forward!
Try hard, you'll improve.

By The Way, I have another key factor to add to the list!
Define your goals. I always thought it was kind of silly, because the goals are pretty obvious. I want to do this, that and that! Like that.
But that night(that I've mentioned to you) in which I discovered new things about me, I discovered I need to define my goals to!
I was talking on the phone with my sub-conscious or as I like to call him God. I didn't remember hearing his questions but I remember answering. And I was telling him what I wanted from LD's.
As he didn't seem satisfied I woke up and tryed to figure out what else or what do I really want from LD'ing. - think I figured it out, now. at least a flash!
Hope I made myself clear.

peace@us.all

Mindful
The Same As You
Astral Explorer

A key to the motivation that You seek could be said to be the Realization that the techniques used in order to lucid dream are, in fact, not actually work.
Your Mind is forever functioning why not simply direct it to where You wish for it to be.
Your Mind is always thinking so why not think of lucid dreams? Or more precisely why not focus on the mental techniques that lead to lucid dreaming.
It is not work if You would be doing it anyway.
Many would shy away thinking it to be hard, when in fact it takes little effort.

flipasso
Knock kNocK
Somniologist

I agree with Mindfull! When you try hard, it doesn't seem that hard. That happened to me in a lot of areas of my life, although I never kept trying hard! Lazyness is my dear devil.
But that first night I tryed WILD harder, it felt good, it was easy to do and it motivated me to try again! turn3
So... Do it!

peace@us.all

Qu
Founder
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

*stickied*

Dili Dali
Am I Dreaming?
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

What I find really annoying about my mind is that in order to think about LDs I almost have to try...it's not like it's naturally in my sub-conscious.
For example, today I was walking around and I was thinking about random stuff that happened today (breakfast, playing drums, etc.), and I had to actually say to myself (almost "interupt" my mind's natural fun) "Okay, I needa talk about LDs now". But I find it weird cause like, I'm obsessed with LDs, and I'm always on this site and stuff..

Does anyone else have this problem, or have a solution fir this problem?

Peace out,
Dili Dali

Hey, pasQuale, since you’re the founder of this site, I’d like to ask: ¿How many LD’s you have every night on average? I’d guess that you’re obviously a very advanced lucid-dreamer.

By the way, ¡congratulations on making such an awesome site for lucid-dreamers to go onto! applaus

Dili Dali
Am I Dreaming?
Somniologist

Yeah! Definetely pasQuale. Good question, Zhervoskepet!

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

In my opinion, one of the biggest keys to lucid-dreaming is... practising a technique!
It seems obvious, but some beginners have the feeling they'll have lucid dreams just by thinking about... what could happen anyhow, but is more unlikely... smile

Dili Dali
Am I Dreaming?
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Basilus West wrote:
In my opinion, one of the biggest keys to lucid-dreaming is... practising a technique!
It seems obvious, but some beginners have the feeling they'll have lucid dreams just by thinking about... what could happen anyhow, but is more unlikely... smile

Hmmm....interesting. Thanks for the advice, Basilus West, because that's what I do...I just think about LDs and hope it's gonna happen.. I should try some techniques..

Dili Dali

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

Even though I really want to have lucid-dreams, ¡I still find myself not motivated enough to do anything to achieve that goal! cry

¿Suggestions?

Mindful
The Same As You
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

Get motivated.
Sorry, but there is no technique for the motivation, the techniques come after that.
I guess You could read peoples Dream Diaries and let it inspire You, but it Really comes down to You.

print