The BIG vitamin B topic

Changed topic title

Never in my life, NEVER IN MY LIFE, have I experienced a night of dreaming like the one I woke up from not 15 minutes ago. Well the Vitamin B12 didnt do much but trip me out in the middle of the night (while awake), but good freakin’ god does Vitamin B6 ever enhance dreams.

I took 200mg with a half a sandwich and a glass of milk before bed last night. I was asleep within 30 mins. I slept a total of about 8 to 10 hours (which is good cause I get up at 530 to go to work) and I have notes from more than 8 differant dream moments!!!

I dont understand, I never thought in a million years Iwould fill up more than 1 page in my dream journal for a nights of dreaming; last night’s dreams totalled a number of 3 pages! I had 1 Lucid Moment which I got too excited in and lost, 1 False Awakening where I prayed to god to have a lucid dream (like I did before I slept-- all thanks to that thread I read last night) and about 5 or 6 other non-lucid dreams. As I type this I can recall them in my head so well that I can practiclly still see myself in them. What a freakin night, way to go me! I never thought I would ever dream like that!

Now its back to bed to rst another 20 before I get ready for work :smile:

Heh yeah B6 had the same effect on me. The first time I remembered also 8 crystal clear, extremely vivid dreams till the last detail. However, I could never repeat that vividness again, and nowadays I even dislike the taste of those B6 pills…

:cheer: I’m really happy for you Forw4rd. That’s great. I’ve tried that before along with Valerian Root. I also tried something from GNC (vitamin/supplement store) called Simply Sleep.

These B6 Vitamins sound like a pretty good thing to help you, do they have any negative side effects though? I may try some if not. Who knows, I might be fortunate enough to get the same results as you.

Its vitamines- not drugs or medicines which cause some side effects.
And like with just anything out there,there are consequences if you take too much or no effect if you take too little.
You`re fine as long as you keep it moderate(pills) and i doubt theres an amount of food containing vitb6 possibile to eat to cause side effect.

Do you think taking two would be OK.

Mm vitamines can have unpleasant side-effects just like any other substances that enter the body…

“Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. This neuropathy is usually related to high intake of vitamin B6 from supplements, and is reversible when supplementation is stopped. According to the Institute of Medicine, several reports show sensory neuropathy at doses lower than 500 mg per day. The Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults. As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases.” - Medical college of Wisconsin website

Like too much of anything:)

You can take too much of anything

Remember folks, ‘Drug’ and ‘Vitamin’ are just words. Most Vitamins (A, C, D, etc) come from an array of natural sources and your body (given we are living creatures) has evolved the ability to store them… The B Vitamins can be seen more like drugs because our bodies either store very little of them, or simply don’t store them at all.

Vitamin B6 can cause neurological damage if we have too much of it. My dose of 200mg was quite a lot-- 50-100mg should be more than enough.

I’m thinking of trying a Vitamin B complex pill tonight. It has all sorts of stuff in it that are supposed to be good for your brain(brainfood) it contains vitamins b-6, and b-12, and some other stuff.
If vitamin b is brainfood than would wheat germ be a food you could eat as well, has anyone tried it? Does it work?

heh b complexes make me irritable and irrational :tongue:
or maybe i am just nuts already?

all benefits from taking a b complex have heavily outweighed the not so goodness…been taking a full complex for almost a month now, b12 alone for who knows how long before that.
if anything, at least take b12… i experienced no negative effects with it.

x

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out.:smile:

So you take around 2 or 3 of these pills yeah, I wonder if this will work, Im going to buy some and give it a go…
is there any other vitamins or supplements which will work to help you lucid? :smile:

I took just one B complex vitamin. Cause thats what it said on the bottle.

There are other suplements but they are tricky.Ones that are handy towards good recall/vividness are ones that can prevent you from falling asleep- these would be any that increase your concentration and memory abilities.
You can try mint teas though.

Thanks folkes Ill give mint tea and vitamin b a try and see where it takes me, :content:

What are the other tricky ones then, and have you tried mint tea yourself

Do they make you sleep really light then and avoid going into deep sleep

Ive got vitamin b complex, ill take one tonight and let you know the results, I hope your right and they give me a nice clear dream
hopefully a lucid one, ill let you know what happens. :content:

I’ll also try some B6/B12/B complex, maybe all three n.n;. I’ll stop by the pharmacy on the way home from school. I’ll also tell you how it goes~
(Please work, please work, please work!)

I hope it works 4 u