Rainbow Connection

What do you find hard in LDs?

Author  Message 
ags_rule
Somniologist
Somniologist

What do you find hard in LDs?
PostPosted: Fri 08 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

This is a topic about things that you find hard to do once you're actually in an LD.

My no.1 is definetely flying. I've tried spawning a jetpack, I've tried jumping really high and continuing, I've tried getting an energy from my feet to propel me...but somehow the logical part of my brain intercepts and tells me, 'Dude, you cannot fly.'

sadblauw If only I could fly in an LD that would make them so much better. I've never really commited much time to flying in LDs as they are often of medium length and I'm still quite a n00b, so I try and pack in as much stuff as possible in them. Maybe in my next LD I'll simply dedicate the whole thing to flying.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

Strangly enough my problem was also flying.
It's hard to explain how I used to do it. It seemed the harder I tried, the slower and less high I would go. You have to try to fly, and if you were moving your arm, you know, just do it.
Just remember, your dreaming, there is no gravity, there is no sky, there is no you, just your mind...since it's your mind, you can fly if you really want to smile

confused
2006 LDs: 7-ish?
Somniologist

My problem is I fly too fast/high and just wake up sadblauw I find it hard to actually control my flying..

Artoo
indecisive
Novice dreamer

I can't understand why anyone would find it difficult to fly. On my first LD all I had to do was gaze into the sky and jump with my arms extended into the air. What I still can't do is change the environment to a scenario of my choice.

Fadem
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: Not Enough

Going through a window while maintaining my vision...
All the other stuff is a piece of cake... =\.
(Flying, teleportation, morphing)

Quote:

What I still can't do is change the environment to a scenario of my choice.

Make 6,5 salto's , while spinning around your axis, and imagine the scenery where you want to be. Such extreme movements change the dream scenery. But if you imagine how it is supposed to change it can be controlled.

Monkey

My problem is going through roofs. I dont know why I would even like to do that but every time I start flying I try to go out through the roof. But instead of that I just hit my head and decide to use the door..that's boring..

Lanina
Wolf and Dreamer
Dream Deity

My problem is to maintain my patience. I always run ahead doing something stupid instead of thinking about what I really want to do.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

My problem, is forgetting what I wanted to do when I become lucid, then I start to think about all the things I want to do, and its too much at once, and I wake up.

PolarBear
Dream Pirate
Somniologist

i myself find it hard to have sex in dreams tounge2 but i quess its becouse i get over-exited and then wake up >.<

nightshade
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

In my first LD where I tried to fly I had problems but after that I managed to fly by jumping, just thinking of it and using an invisible vehicle smile. Since then everything I tried worked but I didn't try many things (got distracted by dream sex every time).

@ags_rule: Don't try to spawn a jetpack just act like you have one and take off by pushing an invisible button or something.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

I've still problems in finding my spirit guide or any DC who could give me useful tips... sadblauw

dreamwalker
Ne Plus Ultra
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

Basilus West wrote:
I've still problems in finding my spirit guide or any DC who could give me useful tips... sadblauw

When the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Just hang in there you'll find them. smile

sparky_500
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

I tried to go through a mirror once to see what was on the other side but it was just a big black void on the other side.... neutral

mystic
Dream Templar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

sparky_500 wrote:
I tried to go through a mirror once to see what was on the other side but it was just a big black void on the other side.... neutral

Lol same here smile I once flew into a mirror, it was pitch black and I felt like someone poured hot and cold water at the same time over me. So that's also one of my main problem in LDs: going through mirrors without waking up in the end. Another minor one is to cut off my feet with rusty axes or knives (I use this to test the level of my lucidity). Even when pretty lucid, I'm still afraid to hurt myself one way or another overspannen
One other major problem is the fact that I always fail to truly realize that the dream "out there" is never separated from me, the dream ego. No matter how lucid I am, I always fail to realize that, and yet, becoming aware of that is essential to reach deeper levels of lucid consciousness.

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

sparky_500 wrote:

For me it's always like a replica of the first side of the mirror, except in reverse, as if the mirror's a window rather than a reflection. But everything's different outside of that one room - it's like having stepped into a different world entirely. I thought it was pretty straightforward, actually, but I guess it's different for different people.

print