I'm Not Seeing my Favorite DCs Again for 18 Years...

I’m kind of forlorn here. Sure, I kind of think that DCs are just products of our subconscious, but that doesn’t make me feel any better.

I’m not going to be able to see my favorite DCs again for 18 years, or at least that is what they told me.

Background: My favorite DCs are two fey-like people, man and woman, who I am assuming are man and wife. I recall at least four dreams that I have seen them in. Each time I have dreamt of them, I remember more dreams about them, and the dreams these two DCs are in are always my longest and most vivid dreams. Each one was always about a year apart, but they have grown longer apart since apparent hostility against the DCs in the dreamworld.

The first dream I had with them in it was where I was climbing a massive wooden tower filled with people that tried to impede my progress. I do not remember many details, but I think my first encounter with the DCs was here. I met them at the top of the tower, but I do not remember what happened next. I think they may have given me advice or promised a future meeting.

The second dream I had with them featured them on a vast ship, propelled forward by oars rowed by incorporeal and invisible servants. I met them upon a lush and beautiful island. They had me get them an object from the opposite end of the island. I did so and we talked. I do not remember exactly what occurred here either. Again, I believe it was advice and promise of a future meeting.

Third dream: I was once again climbing the wooden tower, only this time it was under attack by an outside force that I did not get the chance to see. The interior was falling apart and signs of rampant destruction were everywhere. After finally reaching the top, I once again met them. This time, I specifically remember that they gave me an object to guard over, and it kills me that I do not remember what it was. They told me they wouldn’t be able to visit for a couple of years before I woke up.

So now this brings me to the fourth dream. As they said, they visited a couple of years later. It was the ship again. They asked me to bring them something from the opposite end of the island, which I set out to do. However, a bunch of people accosted me and prevented me from fulfilling my task. Upon returning to the ship, they told me that they wouldn’t be able to return for another 18 years.

I need to have an LD and investigate what’s going on. Too bad that WILD isn’t working and my dream recall has been mediocre at best lately :sad: . It’s hard getting back into lucid dreaming after having to stop for two years because your brother was reading your dream journal…

well, as you said DCs are products of our minds, that means that maybe they lyed, and will return when they have the chance to do it. My advice is, once you get lucid again, make them appear, dont try to investigate, couse I am shure your mind will create some kind of weird story.
Maybe once you make them appear you could give them the object they need, doesn’t matter if you dont remember the object, just give them something believing that is the one.
A newbie advice (I hate the word newbie, more in this site)

I think some of those stories could be pretty entertaining though… :wink:

of course they will be, but I think Daedalus wants to see his DCs

(BTW, Daedalus is a Deus-Ex character, that’s where your nick comes from?)

I think they’d be quite suspicious if I just made them appear and then gave them evasive answers when they inevitably ask why I brought them to me in the dream. One idea I just came up with is perhaps I could find a mailbox in the dream world, write them a letter asking what the heck is going on, put it in the box, and wait a few moments. I have a strong feeling if I will it hard enough, I’d get a reply once I open up the mailbox again.

@ Pancra85:

Yep, Daedalus is indeed a Deux-Ex character. I tried so hard scouring the net for a picture of his in-game icon to use as mine, but no luck. He’s the primary influence for my nickname, but you have to give the original greek myth character Daedalus some credit too.

hehe, ok, if you think so. It’s just a matter of trying.
Please say the outcome of this