I wonder..

I’m not sure if this is really anything having to do with dreams, but I found it rather interesting.

A couple days ago I woke up and sat up on my elbows to look at the time on my clock…it very clearly said 11:41am, so I sat up and looked around the room. I remember looking back at the clock and it saying 11:42am, so I said I’ll get up at twelve and I went back to sleep.

A little while later I woke up on my stomach and sat up on my elbows again, looking at the clock to find that it said 10:30am. I sat up and was rather confused.

It kinda plague’s me still and was probably nothing…but I found it rather neat. That’s just me though.

I keep wondering if it had anything to do with dreaming, or if it was just something weird.

You might have had a false awakening.

That could very well be…it’s so odd how it feels exactly as if I was awake…

Yeah, thats what people say. I myself have never had one. Well, maybe, its just, it happened to turn into one of my only lucids.

It was probably an FA, but there’s another possibility if you’re like me and completely disorientated when you wake up. A number of times I’ve woken up at 9am and started panicking because I thought it was 3pm. It’s like having temporary dyslexia - I saw the small hand on my watch facing left and read the time as what it would be if it was facing right. My brain is always still half in dreamland if I wake up suddenly, so I have trouble understanding reality for a few minutes sometimes. :bored: This has also happened to me with other times as well.

I myself would agree that you experienced a FA. They are so vivid, they’re mind boggling.

I’ve had that happen to me a couple of times before. Very strange. It feels like you went backwards in time.
A couple of them might have been a FA, but some i swear i was awake. maybe I was just half awake and didn’t read it right who knows.

D.W. false awakenings are just like what you’re saying. You’ll always wonder whether you were or weren’t awake.

I’ve had alot of FA’s in my time of LDing. I have trained myself to recognize them by this little trick of mine.

Yeah well now we all got curious, dreamwalker, a little trick like what … ? :razz:

pray tell. What is this “little trick”?