Falling asleep while you are dreaming

I’m sure there must a similar topic to this one somewhere in this huge forum- but I can’t find it. So here goes… (sorry moderator)

I’m pretty sure falling asleep while you are dreaming is just another dream action like talking/drinking/walking, but I thought I check with the rest of you to see what happens when you guys fall asleep:

So far, I’ve:

1. Woken up immediately in the real world after falling asleep in the dreamworld.
  2. Fell asleep in the dream-world (do not know how much time passed)- woke up again where I fell asleep and continued the dream from there.

Falling asleep in a dream might be a good technique to become lucid in the resulting dream. However, contrary to regular LDs, this is very often a FLD (False LD), because you usually think you became lucid after falling asleep in real life, while you actually fell asleep in the previous dream. The most difficult part in this technique is not just to fall asleep in the dream, but also to remember to induce a LD by using some induction techniques (you can achieve this by dream incubation). I’ve done this once and it was amazing to see how easy WILD happened! I only repeated my intention to WILD once and there came already the first strong HI which in no time molded into a full blown FLD.

I only remember a couple of times that I’ve fallen asleep during a dream. I think I began dreaming that I was dreaming.

But like you Babelfish, I’ve woken up the majority of the times.

BTW, Welcome :smile:

Ta :happy:

I have only experienced that during a non lucid dream. In most cases i wake up the next day in the dream and continue the dream.

Falling asleep in a LD: I used to do this all the time when I was little to get out of nightmares. I’d always either go into another dream or wake up.

Falling asleep in a ND: I’ve only done this once, and boy was it horrible! I dreamt it when I was little, but in the dream I was a teenage boy. He kept going to sleep, having a nightmare about roaches, waking up, telling his mother, going back to sleep, and doing the same thing over and over again. It repeated about 50 times and I was really sick of it and glad when I woke up. :whew:

Ain’t it weird how this was brought up when I’ve recently had a roach epidemic in my house?