The World as we know it is coming to an end

Author  Message 
Spinoza
Dream Pirate
Astral Explorer

The World as we know it is coming to an end
PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/Index.html

The article above pretty much sums up the subject.

Its about how dependant we are on oil and how it's going to cripple the global economy and send us into a "post-industrial stone age." Us being the non third world contries.

Expect gas to be 10$ USD a gallon as early as the end of 2006.

People say Bush is in Iraq just because of Oil, and if this is true, then I applaud him, because this article is true and the problem has been known about for decades.

And for those of you too lazy to read the article or those who are too young to understand.... it is still going to effect you if you don't even drive a car. It is much bigger then what you pay at the pump.

CCHawk
The Brain Police
Astral Explorer

wow, that's all i can say... $10.00 a gallon by as little as the end of 2006? i know i'm not paying $100-$150 bucks to get a tank of gas in my truck... i read the first half of the article, and im gonna read the second when i get off work. it seems so many people expect prices in gas to eventually go back down, but who knows eh? not too promising...

Spinoza
Dream Pirate
Astral Explorer

CCHawk wrote:
wow, that's all i can say... $10.00 a gallon by as little as the end of 2006? i know i'm not paying $100-$150 bucks to get a tank of gas in my truck... i read the first half of the article, and im gonna read the second when i get off work. it seems so many people expect prices in gas to eventually go back down, but who knows eh? not too promising...

It is amazing, but the thing is this isn't about gas prices. Deciding to walk to work won't change anything. We, America, is too dependent on oil.

We need oil to feed our selves, we need oil to literally make everything and ship it... pretty soon America will go to war with Korea and China, that's when I'm scared. I forsee this happening within 5 years if anyone from Bush's camp wins the next election.

And no alternative will help us because we need oil to mine these resources and by the time we do the shift it will be too late.

America has about 1200billion barrels of Oil Shale and Shell just developed a feesible way to extract oil from it, but this will only help for a couple of years since the world needs 80 billion barrels a year and in 2010 it is projected that they will need 120 barrels of oil.

And for every 1 unit of energy used to extract the oil from the oil shale we get about 3.5 units of energy. In Iraq for every 1 unit of energy to extract oil they get a whopping 30 units of energy and it only costs 1dollar USD to put the oil in a barrel in Iraq.

This is all covered indepth in the article I posted so I won't bore you with details.

LD count: 15

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

What we need to do is start drilling for oil in our own country. That would be one of the ways that would help our country. I understand the enviormentalists would be upset but right now I think it is the best thing to do. Dont get me wrong I care about the enviorment and do not want it damaged. If we started to drill for oil we would not be as dependant for oil and the prices would be able to be controlled a little bit better.

Rohsiph
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

What we need to do is *start funding* alternate solution research.

We need to push oil lobbyists out of the way and start implementing ways of producing energy that use resources other than oil.

I read the oil crash website a few months ago and have had some time to think about it--and although I do understand it brings up many alarmist statements that definately are worth acknowledging, I also think when we really start reaching a point of global catastrophe something big will begin.

Whether this is a unified scientific body coming together to produce a new kind of fuel cell to power transportation, or an individual genius breakthrough in how we might use bio-material to fuel engines in the same way (and hopefully manufacture products with bio-material the same way we use oil now), or a world war that kills off 90% of the world population, I think something will happen before we really do run out.

Think about the implications of harnessing bio-material for fuel: the fundamentalist debates that will rage about new kinds of fuel farms and stuff. Good time to be a philosopher if that happens :D

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Its about time!! Hang tight everyone, this is the it. We are shooting into future. I believe this is the "great spiritual evolution", and evidence is all around. Im not scared, Im excited!!

"Our planet is facing the greatest challages ever, so what ever you do dont be bored!!!"

Waking life

R3TRO
Lucid Jedi
cookie lover

rapture

Spinoza
Dream Pirate
Astral Explorer

Nice Dream: we reached peak oil in 1970 and the oil in the Alaskian Oil Reserve will only support us for a couple of years, not even.

While, we have 1200 billion barrels of Oil Shale harvesting that oil will take years and years and end up being more costly to us.

Every single "alternate" energy resource requires oil to harvest the materials so essentially we are screwed. All we can do is wait for this to happen, hope for the best but prepare for the worse. America's economy will crumble, and it's as simple as that.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

If they find something else to kill/lie/start wars/steal/(insert other 945843905 crimes) for after oil runs out, I'm gonna shoot myself.

That's what happens when you depend on something too much. They didn't care about a thing because oil was profitable, they kept using it no matter what, they squeezed every single cent out of it, now I wanna see what they're gonna do.

Johan
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Last week I've discovered this site and similar other ones, and while it sounds very doomsday I'm afraid there is some truth in it. If we don't take action immediately, we'll get in trouble. Deutsche Bank issued a report where they predicted oil peak in 2014, and that is not a occult conspiration theory source. Seeing how dependent we are on oil, economy will have a big problem! I hope they can find a way out, as long as it isn't war. Invading other countries and stealing their resources is only a temporary solution, and US will definitely experience imperial overstretch, leading to a decline of their hegemony.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

There is only so much oil, and once its gone, it's gone forever. So we can either wait 'till it's gone to find a solution, or find a solution now. I say we do it now.

Rohsiph
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Garlic wrote:
Every single "alternate" energy resource requires oil to harvest the materials so essentially we are screwed. All we can do is wait for this to happen, hope for the best but prepare for the worse. America's economy will crumble, and it's as simple as that.

Norse faiths believed that Ragnarok was inevitable, and was likely to begin at any moment. They lived under a shadow of immediate death that should have consumed them with hopelessness--

but they lived. They prayed, they loved, they progressed. Even "knowing" that their doomsday would probably occur in their lifetimes, they lived with hope.

Thus, well, no: we can do more than wait for this to happen. We can start thinking together, and we can start acting in a multitude of ways. We will yet hope for the best and we will prepare for the worst, but this has not yet come to pass, and thus there is still reason to live happily.

It pains me, witnessing my fellow man believing that anything can ever be, "as simple as that," when everything is both more simple and less simple.

zeppidy

PostPosted: Fri 09 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Just want to add that there are sum farmers up here in canada(one in Saskatchewan and acouple in BC) who have been able to create diesel fuel from corn, or wheat or sumthin. I saw it on the news the other day. I just hope that nobody drops a bomb on us for our delicious corn. eek2

R3TRO
Lucid Jedi
cookie lover

hmm odd that theres supposed to be a comet headed for earth at the same time, not to metion all the otehr stuff that supposed to happen around that time, kinda sounds like

JESUS IS COMING, THE RAPTURE WILL HAPPEN SOON, THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE DESTROYED

or at least thats my guess, but i know its coming up, i can feel it

<3

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

"There is only one instant" I think thats the only way to leave this exsitance. Its like everyone has to expirance the "great change" rather it is the secound coming, or aliens, or 2012. ...but what about the people who die before this time? Its only through your expirance that this will hapen. All the synchronisety is culminating. I think it actualy began in WW2, and it has just been growing bigger every sence. Technology has peaked. It cant get much better then it is now. Yes It is going to happen, because thats what this life is about. Its a story of the end of the world, Its a very bueatyfull story. Sit back, and enjoy the dream. I believe in reincarnation, and I think that every life we live we will expirance "The great change". I think thats what Gods plan is. ...It is to expirance his love through the magic of what we use to know as only being Science fiction, but now the science fiction is reality. I think lucid dreaming has alot to do with what ever change will take place. What do you think? I can feel it too, thats all the evidence you need. I remmber how I was feeling around this time in 2001, it was before 911, but I could definatley feel some kind of pull. I just knew something was about to hapen.

print