EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

The World as we know it is coming to an end

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
32
Posts: 3980
Joined: 14 Oct 2002
Last Visit: 19 Jun 2015
LD count: Many
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
PostPosted: Fri 09 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

zeppidy wrote:
Just want to add that there are sum farmers up here in canada(one in Saskatchewan and acouple in BC) who have been able to create diesel fuel from corn, or wheat or sumthin. I saw it on the news the other day. I just hope that nobody drops a bomb on us for our delicious corn. eek2


It's called Ethanol, or Ethyl Alcohol. I did a science project on it once.
But don't worry, no one will drop a bomb on us for our corn (Canada has the largest oil reserves in the world afterall lachgroen )


back to top
Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover
30
Posts: 2401
Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Last Visit: 13 Jan 2013
Location: England, wot!
 
PostPosted: Sun 11 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

R3TRO wrote:
hmm odd that theres supposed to be a comet headed for earth at the same time, not to metion all the otehr stuff that supposed to happen around that time, kinda sounds like

JESUS IS COMING, THE RAPTURE WILL HAPPEN SOON, THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE DESTROYED

or at least thats my guess, but i know its coming up, i can feel it

<3



You have no idea how many hundreds of times that has been said since the start of Christianity. And hey - the world is still here wink5.


back to top
MorMor
No dreams left...
Dream Deity
29
Posts: 538
Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 02 Jun 2008
Location: Sweden
 
PostPosted: Sun 11 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Well about the oil thing. the world does not necessesary have to end becaus if we can invent a replacement for oil and focillfules everything will be totaly ninja again and in the future they will refer to this as "The Oil age"

back to top
Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover
30
Posts: 2401
Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Last Visit: 13 Jan 2013
Location: England, wot!
 
PostPosted: Sun 11 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Yes, but we need to start using the alterantive now. Otherwise when it does run out, we'll have a long period of badness before we pull through again.

We have made some attempts at using alternative engery sources - but so far we're failing to reach the standards we set ourelves.

And, if my memories of Geography class are true, America - who use up more oil than any other country - even point blank refused to try and use alterative energy sources (annoying lots of world leaders, who had been trying).


back to top
Freecube
Theistic Apologist
Dream Deity
29
Posts: 511
Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Last Visit: 22 Feb 2010
Location: NorCal. Age : 20.
 
PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Sureal wrote:
R3TRO wrote:
hmm odd that theres supposed to be a comet headed for earth at the same time, not to metion all the otehr stuff that supposed to happen around that time, kinda sounds like

JESUS IS COMING, THE RAPTURE WILL HAPPEN SOON, THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE DESTROYED

or at least thats my guess, but i know its coming up, i can feel it

<3



You have no idea how many hundreds of times that has been said since the start of Christianity. And hey - the world is still here wink5.


That's very illogical. Just because something hasnt happened in the past does not change its odds from happening now or in the future. You wouldnt use that arguement in something you're trying to prove.

And all the prophecies havent been set up this much in our history. It could very well happen soon, or it may not. Not even Jesus knows the hour, only God.


back to top
Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover
30
Posts: 2401
Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Last Visit: 13 Jan 2013
Location: England, wot!
 
PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Wait - so no one but God knows when it's going to happen... but in your post I quoted, you claimed that it was going to happen soon. So, unless you're God, you've just gone against your own word wink5.


And actually, it's a very logical argument smile.
If something did not happen in the past, even though the 'signs' said it would, then logically just because there are some signs saying it's going to happen now, doesn't mean it will smile.


And - someone correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't the saint who wrote Revelations admit that it was merely a satire whilst on his death bed?


back to top
Freecube
Theistic Apologist
Dream Deity
29
Posts: 511
Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Last Visit: 22 Feb 2010
Location: NorCal. Age : 20.
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Sureal wrote:
Wait - so no one but God knows when it's going to happen... but in your post I quoted, you claimed that it was going to happen soon. So, unless you're God, you've just gone against your own word wink5.


And actually, it's a very logical argument smile.
If something did not happen in the past, even though the 'signs' said it would, then logically just because there are some signs saying it's going to happen now, doesn't mean it will smile.


And - someone correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't the saint who wrote Revelations admit that it was merely a satire whilst on his death bed?


I would guess its soon, but I dont know, I never made a claim that it would, or never meant to, I always meant I THOUGHT it would. All the signs have never been present in history, therefore no signs indicated it. And the writer of revelation never recounted it. As he couldnt have, the writer of revelation is unknown smile. It can be verified however true by the time of writing, and other things used to validate or turn down books of the bible. And before you say that it was written by John the Apostle, it was written by a John, but did not have the style of writing and language that John the Apostle used, and therefore it could not be John the Apostle, but probably John the Presbyter, whose name also appears in ancient texts as an early church figure.


back to top
Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover
30
Posts: 2401
Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Last Visit: 13 Jan 2013
Location: England, wot!
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

I did say I might be wrong about him withdrawing it wink5.

And there have been some even more plausables signs in the past, when people really did think the world was going to end (eg. the sky going an odd colour).

The signs (as best as I can remember - it's been a little while since I've read Revelations) aren't exaclty very specific, and could be applied to a number of different people and different things.

Look at it this way - the false prophet is going to tell us to but the mark 666 on our arms or head. Now - if someone (claiming to be Christ reborn) really told us to do this, there would be very few actually stupid enough to do it. Whereas the Bible seems to imply that a fair number did this.

The logical conclusion therefore is that the Apocolypse won't happen until may have forgotten about Revelations.


back to top
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
32
Posts: 3980
Joined: 14 Oct 2002
Last Visit: 19 Jun 2015
LD count: Many
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Sureal wrote:


And there have been some even more plausables signs in the past, when people really did think the world was going to end (eg. the sky going an odd colour).



My favorite example of this is a comet passing by

It used to happen a lot, but people didn't know about comets back then...."Oh no, the world is ending!!"
Even things like crop failure or unusual insect activity were taken as signs of an apocalypse, and they are very relevant because they didn't have things like 9/11 or terrorism or global warming to use as signs of the end.


back to top
Lebowsk1
cookie lover
cookie lover
39
Posts: 1868
Joined: 19 May 2002
Last Visit: 28 Nov 2012
Location: Staines, uk
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

A serious crop failure could well have been an "apocalypse" for an entire clan or even small civilzation back in history.

Anyway, it doesnt logically follow that because people have been wrong about the apocalypse it won't ever happen.


back to top
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
32
Posts: 3980
Joined: 14 Oct 2002
Last Visit: 19 Jun 2015
LD count: Many
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

That's true.

Basically what this means is that there aren't any 'signs' for an apocalypse that we really know about currenhtly (that is, we haven't seen a sign and linked it to armageddon because it hasn't happened)

So that leaves us open to interpret things any way we want.


back to top
Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover
30
Posts: 2401
Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Last Visit: 13 Jan 2013
Location: England, wot!
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Your correct Leb, but that wasn't my point wink5.

My point was that there have been signs pointing towards the Apocolypse in the past - and yet the Apocolypse didn't happen. As such, the signs we see now don't mean that it WILL happen soon (as Freecube posted), but rather that it may.


I also liked the irony wink5.


back to top
Freecube
Theistic Apologist
Dream Deity
29
Posts: 511
Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Last Visit: 22 Feb 2010
Location: NorCal. Age : 20.
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Sureal wrote:
I did say I might be wrong about him withdrawing it wink5.

And there have been some even more plausables signs in the past, when people really did think the world was going to end (eg. the sky going an odd colour).

The signs (as best as I can remember - it's been a little while since I've read Revelations) aren't exaclty very specific, and could be applied to a number of different people and different things.

Look at it this way - the false prophet is going to tell us to but the mark 666 on our arms or head. Now - if someone (claiming to be Christ reborn) really told us to do this, there would be very few actually stupid enough to do it. Whereas the Bible seems to imply that a fair number did this.

The logical conclusion therefore is that the Apocolypse won't happen until may have forgotten about Revelations.


It says the mark will be either his name or the number of his name, then it says let anyone who has wisdom figure out the number, the number is like 666. 666 could be a mistranslation also, the original number was 6, three score, and 6, if I recall correctly, which would translate roughly to 261. The same number as the Javier Solana guy (Seraphim's webpage)'s last name translates to in greek. So he wouldnt just blindly say number yourselves 666 everyone, he would disguise it.


back to top
Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover
30
Posts: 2401
Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Last Visit: 13 Jan 2013
Location: England, wot!
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

If anyone in power told me to tatoo anything onto my arm/head in order to buy goods...

I'll go down to my nearest Church and repent my sins wink5.


back to top
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
32
Posts: 3980
Joined: 14 Oct 2002
Last Visit: 19 Jun 2015
LD count: Many
Location: Quebec, Canada
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Freecube wrote:


It says the mark will be either his name or the number of his name, then it says let anyone who has wisdom figure out the number, the number is like 666. 666 could be a mistranslation also, the original number was 6, three score, and 6, if I recall correctly, which would translate roughly to 261. The same number as the Javier Solana guy (Seraphim's webpage)'s last name translates to in greek. So he wouldnt just blindly say number yourselves 666 everyone, he would disguise it.


6, three score and 6 is just three sixes in a row. Maybe it's not six hundres and sixty six, but rather, 6, 6 &6?
Or maybe its 6 x 3, which is 18?
eh

In any case, there are lot's of people's names out there with which you could get to add up to 666 in any number of ways, not to mention that there are some people out there with the same name (I have come across at least two other Josh Redstones on the internet before lachgroen )

So I dunno if you can call that a reliable sign, if there is such a thing (remember, we haven't seen an apopcalypse so we don't really know)


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~