Rainbow Connection

The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

Author  Message 
hekimoglu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Fwump38 wrote:
I have tried WILD the last three nights. Each night I try I think of a dream like in VILD until i feel vibrations and I have partial SP. The problem is I can still hear all normal sounds, I can still move - if really wanted to, and I do not see HI. I look with my eyes closed and see nothing. Also, once I feel the tingly vibrations my heart rate increases greatly. I think about a dream and this allows me to calm down, but I do not know what is to come next. I do not know how to continue on with WILD.

If I'm right, I have to relax and become less aware? And then maybe I will start to feel more SP and maybe some HI? But if someone who has successfully done WILD could tell me if I am correct about this, or what comes next, that would be great.

I have a feeling I wont see HI, so I will try the "rolling along axis" thing

Are you trying to WILD when you going to bed or after some sleep?
Its hard to WILD when first going to bed. First try to WILD after some sleep, if you succeed, then try to WILD when going to bed.

Fwump38
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 02 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

ok thanks hekimoglu!

I have been trying right when I goto bed and I get close, but just cant enter a dream. I will try after 5 or so hours of sleep...or can I do with less? Isnt your first REM period around 90min after falling asleep?

Fwump38
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 05 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I am having a lot of trouble with this. The main reason I am sticking with it is because, lucid dreaming sounds really neat, and WILD seems to be the best technique, once you master it. Problem is, I certainly havent mastered it. Last night I set my alarm for 6 hours after I feel asleep. I woke up at 330, coincidentally 2 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off, and I started to do WILD. I get to the point where I have partial sleep paralysis (like when your leg falls asleep or something and it tingles if you move it) and I also feel sort of shudders or something everynow and then. All of this doesnt alarm me at all, but my heart rate becomes very rapid. I try visualizing something, listening to my breathing, counting to 100, looking at HI (which I do not see, unless Im doing it all wrong?), and I also try the spinning along your axis thing. It seems as if I've been sitting there for 20-30 minutes quite awake with partial sleep paralysis, and nothing more.
I think I am either:

-Trying too hard
-Need to relax more
-Need to let more of my consciousness slip away

If someone who knows about this, or has these problems, I would greatly appreciate your input.

HabaneroS
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 05 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I used the have the same problems while WILD'ing. The best thing to do is make sure you're totally relaxed and focus on your breathing. If counting doesn't work, try to visualize yourself climbing stair or something.

Not everyone sees the same types of HI, for instance I don't usually see swirling colors, I just hear sounds. I've heard of other people just feeling vibrations. Apparently its different for everyone.
wink

Current LD goal(s): Finding a reliable flying method.
hekimoglu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 06 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I think its better not to focus on your breathing.
When you fall asleep, your subconsiuos takes over your breathing and as long as you are influencing your breathing, your subconsiuos will have hard time to take it over.

Yesterday i tried to WILD again after some time. I noticed that if you dont do a relaxation exercise, you just cant get past the numb feeling in your buddy. I usualy just let my thaught wonder, while focussing on my body. As soon as i get the falling down feeling, i focus my attention on the phermines or something. (those things you see before HI start).

Yesterday i had a feeling like falling down VERY fast which kinda scared me and broke my concentration. I also heard had HH, in the form a weird sound of something screaming (like a cat in pain or sumething) and moving behind my house. That also scared the shit out of me which eventually made me give up for that night. Tonight ill try again :D

Bikbau
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I've had some semi success with WILD which almost seemed like an OBE but since I'm not yet sure if these two are really just the same things under different names, I'll repost the success I've had recently in this topic as well (especially since it seems so much more active than the OBE topic):

Quote:
Anyway, today while taking my afternoon nap I tried to WILD but gave up and turned on my side and started to fall asleep. I then started to consciously drift into something that seemed a lot like a dream (oh, the irony) and then I heard that whirring sound and the 'click' i've read so much about, for the first time ever. I then realized that I was looking at my pillow, but that my eyes were closed! I then realized that while I was looking at a pillow, it wasn't my pillow but rather just a gray pillow that laid where my real pillow should be. It also had a lot of floating and zooming geometrical patterns going through it, looking like something I'd see on an LSD trip. I tried to raise my body up but couldn't because it was paralyzed. I then tried to will myself to roll over or float up but that didn't work either. After that I opened my eyes, shook off the SP, and went back to sleep.

The characteristics of the OBE were there but it could have easily been a WILD. Also, the night before while doing this I really seemed to get somewhere. I tried to some simple visualization excercises and I started with trying to visualize some fruits (apples, oranges, easy stuff) and just rotate them around their axis first slower, then faster, then slower again, etc. I managed to get some pretty good control over them without too much trouble (getting them to rotate at the speed I wanted them to was kind of difficult though, they'd always spin out of control) and then I moved on to seeing myself. I did a pretty good job on my first try, pretending to first see my face as it probably looked from a third-person perspective and then moving down to the rest of my body. By the time I got to ym feet I felt like something just pushed my torso up from my bed, but then I woke up.

Fwump38
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 12 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Last night I tried WILD again with no success. I fell asleep at 10:00 and told myself to wake up in 4 hours. Instead I woke in 3, 1:00, and got out of bed, got some water, went to the restroom, wrote down any dreams, and went back to bed telling myself I would enter a dream conciously. I was awake for about 15 minutes.
I laid down on my back and try to relax, and since I was very tired, this came quickly. I could feel my whole body start to become paralyzed. At this point I started to count to 100(adding "I'm Dreaming") and I felt my body become more and more sleepy. I got to 100 and imagined doing a reality check but I couldnt concentrate. No matter what I did to relax, I could not relax my breathing. I could, but I still had concious control of it and I thought I wasnt supposed to. I then decided to just try to observe any images I saw. I did see a few sparse images, but this wasn't doing anything. I started counting again and got to 100 3 times without falling asleep. I dont seem to have trouble with the relax and fall asleep part, except for breathing, but I was up for two hours before I gave up! I know this since my watch beeps every hour. I don't know what to do next (As far as what to do to enter a dream)!

Also, whenever I gave up to move, my body was really hard to move from SP, and before I had given up I heard HH. One time it was a loud knocking three times, like someone banging their shoes together hard. The other was a noise inside my house three times, but all I remember is it is not a normal sound I have ever heard.

Sorry this is so long

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Bikbau: as for me, I've still not understood the difference between LD and OBE. wink WILD methods are quite the same than methods for OBE's.

Fwump38: if you have had HH, it means that you were not so far from a WILD. But IMO, waiting for two hours, it's long too much! You should change your method: don't perform a mental exercice like counting cause it seems to keep you awake. Perhaps you should watch phosphenes or try to induce a falling feeling while you fall asleep.

When you have strong HH, it means that you are dreaming. If you have visual HH, you can try to sort of zoom into them. If you don't and have strong dream body sensations or auditory HI, try to spin around your axis (not your real body, your dream body). It may make you enter a LD.

<mod>The BIG WILD topic continues here.</mod>

print