Pause Time

Learning to fly in LD's

Author  Message 
Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

well i won't be much help here lol.

When i fly i just do it, i don't have to use commands it's like a natural thing. For example it's like walking, you tell yourself to walk but it's just second nature you know what you want to do and do it with out verbal direction.

Dm7
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

When I first learned how to fly in my LD's, I learned how to fly downward (like down the stairs) and swimming (breast stroke). I slowly increased to using my arms as wings (pffffew that was hard), then superman/airplane style, and now I do it automatically. I don't have to do specific rituals or positions to get myself flying now. It's actually my first nature... it seems. It's easier for me to fly than to walk in my LD's... especially if it's a high level LD and is stabilized.

Maybe you could start with basic then increase as your skills increase. That's what I did. Also maybe you can try leaping and leaping as if you're on the moon until you really LEAAAAAP that you're out of the orbit.... therefore you fly. wink Experiment, experiment, experiment! Remember, you're not limited to the actual way of flying. ^^

IZ
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

have any of you tried NEO style one hand out one in

Dm7
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

I have. wink5 For a while, that usually is my speedy position if I want to fly fast, but it is hard to steer for some reasons. tounge2 But now I just fly freely from any type of positions. colgate I'm freeee! I just float freely. :D

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Thu 01 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

For me I fly superman style pretty much like to says on ld4all site. For me though flying is second nature, I don't really have to think about it to do it but it is always a thrill

biff

i dont fly
PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

y does everyone fly all the time?i have never flown in a dream ever ever.am i mising out??

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

You mean in an LD? I'd guess so, but I've never flown either (though not from lack of trying).

Why does everyone fly? Well: because it's fun wink5.

mystic
Dream Templar
LD4all addict

Flying in a dream sometimes makes you feel sooooooooo free. I'd say you're definitely missing something smile
Also, for me, flying always result in (very) strong rollercoaster feelings, so I guess they resemble the feelings you might get if you do the same flying movements irl..

Jeff

PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Biff, many ppl cant fly in dreams or in lucid dreams!
So dont worry!
And there is a lot of difference at the talent ppl have how well they can fly in dreams, even when they can.

wink

Xenteko
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Wow, Flying is always the thing I want to do first. It took me a good few years of practicing flying in ND's and LD's but now I'm really good at it, I also have super powers in my LD's.

dylandog

Yup, no liftoff here either...Yet

Neo
Procrastinator
cookie lover

If you're having problems flying once lucid there's alot of things that can help. If you can't just will yourself to fly, imagine that you have rockets on your feet propelling you upwards. Or imagine you have superpowers and go superman style. When I fly I can usually just will myself to. Its not just flying, its kind of gliding upwards if you can get it, anyways I highly recomend it!

Dm7
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Flying is my.... nature?

I am always able to fly.. sometimes though I face the obstacles like falling back or something, but it usually shows me something's wrong irl that need to be fixed before I can become free again.

Anyways, the ability to fly is strongly linked to the ability to use associations w/ feelings. Just flying doesn't do a good job.. you just have to learn how to mmm be one with it.. feeling it as if it's part of your nerve. Hard to explain. Hehe

YOu could try imagining invisible floor that lifts you, etc. Slowly turning to the advanced techniques.. like invisible floor, into invisible water (swimming.. that was one of my first techniques of flying tounge2... not very efficent.. but hey.. it gets you floating lol)... then... fly like a superman.... etc. etc. Just slowly promoting your techniques as you get better. That's what I did. smile now I don't have to do anything but to fly. I don't have to position myself to fly. I just... fly. haha. :D

Practice makes perfect smile

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Hi biff ! Welcome to the forum !
I was flying very badly one year ago. Now I can fly higher and faster. If you can't fly, don't try to make efforts, use another technique instead : summon a flying engine, use rockets, balloons, flying carpets, change your position (fly on the back), feel lighter, etc.

tea
Ambient
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

I find I fly in regular dreams too, or float at least. I can never recall myself walking, just floating.

print