Where is Sealife?

Sealife has been down for a day…Does anybody know why?

I don’t know why. But the error I get is the same error i get when a domain doesn’t exsist.

Is it possible they couldn’t pay for the server and got pulled?

No, as far as i know the server fee was saved right before the deadline.

hey siiw.

yes the domain name + server fee were paid.

this is a domain name registration error - the same one as last time. even though i organised the domain name registration with my hosting provider tekgear a week or two before the due date, there seems to be some difficulty with another company holding onto the domain.

The difficulties seem to originate with a company called Rebel, who somehow managed to take over my domain name last year:
https://www.hostingshop.com.au/hostadmin/?page=whois_info&domain=dreamofpeace.net

I have sent off a message to the support team (high priority :wink:) and am hoping they’ll work through the problems immediately…

nick

Give em hell and demand a month free compensation or something. You’re entiled to it if it’s their error.

Yeesh… just when development really gets going on my dream journal app, I’m not able to post the good news in SeaLife. That, and I’m not able to get to some of my past dreams. I hope it gets resolved soon. Yes Nick, give 'em hell! :smile:

Strange - that coincided with a dream I had of Sealife being taken over by an evil forum. :bored:

maybe you could pay for a longer block … say 5 years to stop the pirates interfering? i see dreamofpeace.org and dreamofpeace.com are already taken but are up for sale. they’re probably preying on dreamofpeace.net because it is a yearly renewal and they think they have have more of a chance to take it over.

did you ever get around to buying sealife its own domain?

Anyone knows what’s wrong? :confused:

Long time i haven’t log in

!i deadbynature wonders if someone still remembers him i!

already talked in the chat sorry for the inconvinience Q…

I think Siiw created a topic somewhere…

Nice to see you, person I’ve never met. :grin: :wave:

hey everyone.

sorry about the problems. i believe it might be possible to fix up, but i imagine it’s going to take a number of days. we first have to change the domain name contacts (they currently point to my old hosting company), and then we have to get in contact with rebel.com to ask them if they’ll transfer the domain name.

i really hope this works out.

I guess i could register a special sea life domain in the meantime - we had been planning to set that up for future use anyway.

What does everyone suggest?

sealifedreams.net

sealifedreamers.net

i like the top one, but am also open to other suggestions…

Nick

Greetings dead by nature. Sea Life is temporarily unavailable.

Thanks wolf - The topic is here:
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … iew=newest

Hey explora,

Have you got the IP for your server, so we can go straight there?

hey inchworm.

good suggestion. i do have the ip for the server - but it is a server i use with a number of domain names:

ie. peacetrainworld.org
dreamofpeace.net

all share the same ip.

i will look into how i would access the address.

nick

that’s the ip for thserver. now it’s just a matter of seeing if i can access dreamofpeace.net from a subdirectory? within that address.

nick

i can access the dreamofpeace.net control panel from that address, but not yet any of the other files.

at least that way though i can access a backup of the database, for moving to sealifedreams.net

ALSO

i spoke to my old hosting company. apparently they still have ownership of the address. they suggested i re-register the domain name through them, and then we can change the administrative contacts for the domain later on.

RE: FUTURE PLANS FOR SEALIFEDREAMS.NET + DREAMOFPEACE.NET

The timing probably isn’t too bad for this stuff to happen. I guess it provides a good opportunity to move Sea Life to it’s own domain, and also begin to allow the Dream of Peace Network to evolve as it’s own project (a news and community network, for any dreaming forums/projects, not just sea life)

nick

Ok, If you wan’t to get to sealife here’s what you can do.

If you’re using Windows XP, open the file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Then add to the end of the file

64.191.98.220 dreamofpeace.net
64.191.98.220 www.dreamofpeace.net
64.191.98.220 sealife.dreamofpeace.net

Warning: If the IP changes in the future you won’t be able to access sealife until you have deleted these two lines, so do forget they are there :razz:

if nick is doing a back up … it wouldnt be wise to post anything at the moment

hiya.

latest news is that i have now paid for the new domain names:

AND sealifedreams.com

This is the second time i’ve had to pay for dreamofpeace.net, but that’s okay cause I will get a refund for one of them.

I decided to go with sealife.com as opposed to .net, since ld4all uses .com, plus there is another site i really love called mossdreams.com, which showcases robert moss’ work.

Also while it’s okay to post on the sea life forum as it currently stands, using inchworms trick, I can’t see things getting very popular just yet. I guess it could be useful if you simply wanna check some of your dreams or other posts.

I’ll make sure to backup the forum again tomorrow. It only takes a moment.

Thanks. Nick

Good luck with everything!