Getting places in dreams

I’m trying to get other places from my dreams using LaBerge’s “spinning a new dream scene” technique:

1. Become lucid.
  2. Dream stabilization.
  3. Start spinning while thinking the destination.

I’ve tried it 2 times but I’ve got a normal awakening and FA. I think the problem is that when I start to spinning I close my eyes and loose the lucidity.

I’m wondering if someone has tried this technique and if I’m doing something wrong.

Do you know another effective technique?

Thank you,

Ulises

That happens to a lot of people in the beginning. Spinning is great, but it takes some getting used to. When you spin: keep your eyes open and remind yourself that the next thing you see will be a dream and you will be (state place).

A very simple technique is to walk up to any door and say, “when I walk through this door I will be (state location).” Then open the door and walk through it and you will be there.

You can fly there. Jump in the air and fly as high as you can and then tell your self that the location you want to arrive at is right below you, or over the next hill etc. Then land and you will be there.

Same problem here. I think, as Milod789 points out, that we shouldn’t close eyes.

The door tip is interesting. Another possible technique is entering a mirror, for instance.

I think that is the problem with spinning is that people close their eyes then open them again when they stop spinning. That very often can wake you up or cause a FA. Besides, if you close your eyes when you spin you miss out on a great light show.

I mentioned the door because it is the easiest for most new people. However, the mirror is great as well. Enjoy. :smile:

Happy Dreaming

OK, next time I’ll try to open my eyes while spinning. I think the trick is, before start spinning, stabilize your dream and setup the intention to not close the eyes.

Than you all!

[Basilius West, Cthulhu fhtagn!]

There are many ways of getting places, here are some:

1. Open a door and expect to find the place on the other side.
  2. Fly to the location
  3. Try blinking, I don’t think that would work if spinning doesn’t work for you.
  4. Get a teleporter from someone
    Pretty anything yo can imagine should work

I used to have the full quotation in my sig, but everybody asked what it meant… :wink: