EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Great, friend thinks I'm crazy now...

Author  Message 

Great, friend thinks I'm crazy now...
PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

I've told a friend from my new class about my attempts to LD and all about sleep (no one knows anything about OH, HI, HH, SP, etc :-().

Now he sais you're crazy man, you're going to screw yourself up, and I don't want to talk to you eek2 why the hell would you want to see things that are not real?

why the hell can't people understand what LD-ing is all about? He didn't even understand anything from what I told him but he already thinks i'm crazy and I bet many more will soon. Do any of you get this from other people?

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity
LD count: Dry Spell

No, allthough somebody i talked to thought it was a drug, i told them it wasn't and they belived me. If he won't listen, don't talk to him about it.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

LD's have been scientifically proven. If that's what Captain Skeptic wants to hear.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

If I had a very good friend and talked to him about LD'ing (what has happened many times indeed), he wouldn't say to me: "I don't want to talk to you anymore". So I think you have to find another "friend"... confused

You should just speak about LD'ing about people who are interested in dreams and psychology. A lot of people are materialistic and are not interested in this stuff. You just talk to them about your normal dreams and they think you're crazy! lach1

Genki
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

After discovering LD's this year and talking to my (best)friend about it he just said "yeah, I knew you're crazy", but just as a joke, he believes, nad think it's interesting but just don't care trying it.
Some other friends got interested in LD's too after I told them about it.

NotGuest
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Re: Great, friend thinks I'm crazy now...
PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

Metabog wrote:
I've told a friend from my new class about my attempts to LD and all about sleep (no one knows anything about OH, HI, HH, SP, etc :-().

Now he sais you're crazy man, you're going to screw yourself up, and I don't want to talk to you eek2 why the hell would you want to see things that are not real?

why the hell can't people understand what LD-ing is all about? He didn't even understand anything from what I told him but he already thinks i'm crazy and I bet many more will soon. Do any of you get this from other people?

Tell him its like doing a drug, but without any negative consequences? What more could you ask for?

ZeroSky0
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

great friends u got then tounge1
but well i wont talk to most of the rl-mates bout ld-ing cuz i simply think most of them dont understand it or dont *want* to understand it
its much easier to talk bout it with peeps u dont meet irl, i think u have to be sure the rl-guys u talk with about it have to be ready for such a thingy

omega3
Generic Lurker
cookie lover
LD count: 200+

The Nameless One wrote:
LD's have been scientifically proven. If that's what Captain Skeptic wants to hear.

I'm with that idea if he doesn't listen to that talk to him about something else.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

If this guy thinks your crazy just because you're a lucid dreamer, no worries, everyone has their own point of view, and lucid dreaming is not for everyone. However if he doesn't want to be your friend just because you LD, then I'd find some more open minded friends smile

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Ive goten this from people myself, and Its hard to understand why it would freak anyone out. LDers have it rough, its a weird hobby, but I think people will begin to learn more about it, and hopfully it will become more known to people. The internet is pretty new to the world still, but the word is getting out. Its ashame your friend turned his back on you like he did, its his lose, you tried to teach him something that could change his life, and he decided to throw it back in your face. I think the world was ment to LD. Things are changing.

nightshade
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Does he watch tv? Then ask him why the hell would he want to see things that are not real? wink

Gloves

I have told about lucid dreaming to three of my friends, and now they are all (at some level) practising them themselves. ^^

When I told my father, he just said something like "whatever..."

painocus
Chooser of the Slain
Dream Deity
painocus has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 83

I havent told any one grin
Ecsept on the nett.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

nightshade wrote:
Does he watch tv? Then ask him why the hell would he want to see things that are not real? wink

^^ This is a good one....I'm going to remember this grin

Jacky-Woo
The come back kid
Somniologist

Alas, Lucid Dreaming is still a Protoscience (Which many write off as a pseudo-science. Gimps), and i don't think it has ever been exposed to the public through news or any other popular medium. If we could make a reality show or sitcom about it...

Basically, feck skeptics. They don't know what they're missing :D

print