Pause Time

remembering your true name

Author  Message 
dannyviper
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

remembering your true name
PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

i think if we can remember something - something that never happened in our current life, in our day to day, we can connect to a chain that will bring us forward into forever.

i think when there is a new birth, everything is erased, and we start at zero. so it's effort on our part to break out of specific patterns.

breaking out of something is to try something new.

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (not mine, some other author).

i am going to start with remembering my name. this should be very simple. just remembering my true name.

you will remember, and once you have your true name, you are so much further, and you will gain so much power.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

Is remembering 'something that never happened' another way of saying 'concieving of something which could happen'?

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

I don't believe in past lives and all that, but if I did have a 'true name', whatever that is, I think it would be Emma. I've had quite a few dreams where I've been called Emma for some unknown reason, so it may as well be that. smile

dannyviper
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

answer
PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

the reason i said 'remembering your true name' is because it's an exercise in trying to connect with some core that is deeper than our mere day to day.

and it's pretty much the same thing as looking at your hand when you are dreaming. that gives you an anchor, a reference point.

maybe there is something in me that makes the day to day be mere.

maybe there is a story, under it, hidden, that is very meaningful. and something so close that i can't look at it.

painocus
Chooser of the Slain
Dream Deity
painocus has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 83

PostPosted: Sun 04 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Nighshell, Called me that in one of my LD's.

PostPosted: Sun 04 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

In Neverwinter Nights, Hordes of The Underdark, some of the plot revolves around the "true name" of the player. Once you learn the true names of the other characters, you can control them completely :D. This is really cool, and there is a "keeper of names" (i think, i played it a while ago). YOu have to find it after battling many fierce enemies and ask it the names :D

Fiver
repentant
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Quote:
the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (not mine, some other author).

I think that that is from Dilbert. Actually I know it is, but I mean originally.

Wolf
Pshy psh psh...
just the colored stars
Wolf has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 183+

I think this would be a good project to do in a LD. Call your SG over an interrogate him! ^^ But seriously, it'd be pretty neat to find your hidden name. :D

Freecube
Theistic Apologist
Dream Deity

convincing yourself of something is not that hard, I've convinced myself to LD every night, every dream. How hard could it be to convince yourself that you used to have another name? Its been proven that if you believe I lie you said really happened, you will eventually believe it to be true.

As Jimi Hendrix once said "Will the wind ever remember the names it has flown in the past". And he was a pothead.

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

Josh Redstone wrote:
Is remembering 'something that never happened' another way of saying 'concieving of something which could happen'?

When you tell a lie, aren't you actually restoring a previous truth?

dannyviper wrote:
the reason i said 'remembering your true name' is because it's an exercise in trying to connect with some core that is deeper than our mere day to day.

and it's pretty much the same thing as looking at your hand when you are dreaming. that gives you an anchor, a reference point.

Once you have that name, will it be in WL what your hands are in ND? (Or: are you trying to find yourself a trigger? What is that trigger for?)

Wolf wrote:
I think this would be a good project to do in a LD. Call your SG over an interrogate him! ^^ But seriously, it'd be pretty neat to find your hidden name. :D

I rather ask to a mirror but seriously, if you're gonna learn your secret name, also mind asking where did it came from, why and what does it mean.

konshuss

PostPosted: Tue 06 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

lehigh nagy wrote:
Quote:

I think that that is from Dilbert. Actually I know it is, but I mean originally.

That quote is attributed to another well-known genius: Einstein. smile

http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch= insanity&startsearch=Search

Iluminada
Dreamer of Peace...
cookie lover

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

I don't understand this true name thing. You mean your name from a previous life? What if you had several previous lives? What if this is your only life so far?

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

Iluminada wrote:
I don't understand this true name thing. You mean your name from a previous life? What if you had several previous lives? What if this is your only life so far?

What if it's your real name in this life? Or your souls name. Some sorcerer and magic-related religions and also some African tribes do believe that you have a real name which you must know to use your hidden powers and hide from others.

According to them, once someone discovers your real name, he can control your soul.

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

I don't believe in past lives and all that, but if I did have a 'true name', whatever that is, I think it would be Emma. I've had quite a few dreams where I've been called Emma for some unknown reason, so it may as well be that.

You subconscious addressed you as what you want to be called.

jaiyikendra
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I don't believe in an afterlife, so to speak. Just another place we go to other than here between our lives on Earth. So this true name would be my name in that other place. A name that stays constant even if my name here on Earth changes every time I am reborn.

print