Killing people in dreams?

Author  Message 
Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: 33

Killing people in dreams?
PostPosted: Tue 06 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Have you ever been a mas murderer in your dreams? Or being chased by CSI? is it fun? Just killing people? Phycho....

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
Hallstrom
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: 35++

I once had a dream in which I and some other guy were repeating the same day over and over, like the movie Groundhog day or the game Majora's Mask.
We went into a school and shot everyone and collected their money, over and over again.
It might sound strange but it felt really calm and peaceful at the time, and I was totally relaxed.
All the action seemed to go in slowmotion and all the killing and screaming felt distant in a way I can't really explain.

All the dreams where I kill myself are very happy and peaceful dreams too.

Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity

I should call this Topic, "RELEASE THE PHYCHO!"

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

Oh, I think I've seen death in all possible ways in my dreams.

Killing & being killed is a piece of cake, have you ever witnessed a murder in a dream? That is horrible.

Hallstrom wrote:
I once had a dream in which I and some other guy were repeating the same day over and over, like the movie Groundhog day or the game Majora's Mask.
We went into a school and shot everyone and collected their money, over and over again.
It might sound strange but it felt really calm and peaceful at the time, and I was totally relaxed.
All the action seemed to go in slowmotion and all the killing and screaming felt distant in a way I can't really explain.

All the dreams where I kill myself are very happy and peaceful dreams too.

Have you watched Gus van Sant's Elephant yet?

That's exactly the feel of the movie. It's horribly peaceful.

Hallstrom
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: 35++

Yes, but I hadn't seen it at the time.

(BTW, the dream I described was not an LD, I wouldn't go on a killing spree just for the fun of it ^^)

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

I don't really kill people in my dreams. And when I do, it usually in self defence.

I guess it's all to do with that opposites things. I'm a nice calm person in my dreams. But I'm a phychotic machete wielder in real life.

Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity

Yea Sureal, and your personality really shows in your Avatar...lol 8D

SuibaRher
Klarträumer
Lucid Initiate

I remember, that I had to guns and was at a supermarket. I pointed the guns to two different people and fired at them...

But it was not like normal, the people were not killed. When I tried to convince those DCs to do something and they would not do it, then I shot the gun at them and suddenly they obeyed my orders... Quite weird (wasn't a lucid dream).

Apart from that I do not remember to have eveer ever killed anybody in a dream.

Fante
O RLY?
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

I remember tearing some guy in half once...He was in my way.

A few nights ago I shot up a Face-Hugger.

Beyond that I can't recall speific kills, though once I transformed into a cobra and bit four or five people. I didn't see them die, but cobra venom=very bad.

Icelos
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I've had dreams where I've killed people. You'd think it'd be fun, but for some reason it never has been. One dream where I was in a knife fight was actually quite disturbing. There was a whole bunch of blood, and I clearly remember slitting someones throat. Maybe those kind dreams would be fun if I was lucid.

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

I dont remember doing something like this before, but i probably wouldnt like killing with a knife...just like tossing people 100 feet into buildings, stuff like that

Domi Li
Rappin Pandaz Clan
Somniologist
Location: Oh yes, I have to find my path--no less, walk on earth, water, and fire....

I've killed people in dreams, but it's always been unintentional. Like in one dream I uppercutted this guy twenty feet into the air and witnessed him crunch violently into the cement. I also punched a cop in the nose and he bled to death. And I self-destructed myself and blew this knife-weilding guy out of a two-story window (with the loss of my left arm for a few seconds, then I became lucid and grew it back wink).

I've witnessed murders to (torturous ones). One that I particularly remember is where I'm at a school playground and these kindergarteners are begging me for help because these terrorists are choking them by filling there throats with sand (probably a very uncomfortable way to die, let alone suffocate slowly neutral ), but I just walked by them with an indifferent feeling and look on my face neutral.

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

I've never killed someone intentionally in a dream, though a couple of weeks ago I stabbed a girl to death in self defence (she was trying to slit my throat at the time). It wasn't pleasant. I'd rather not fight in dreams unless I have to.

worm
Heavy Metal Dreamer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 17 so far.

I murdered somebody once. I stabed him in he's back with an piece of glass. I felt horible, i killed him just before the DC entered a house. The doors opened, and i saw...grandpa of my victim hmm (it was a totaly unreal DC, but i just knew that the old man was his grandpa)

Few nights ago i killed somebody in a sword fight. I was better then him, he was very scared. I dint feel bad then i killed him, maybe thats because i love swords smile

I think i won't feel bad if i kill somebody in a LD...its only a dream, no hurt goes to anyone...just like in computer games. In RL im a very calm person.

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Does anyone feel at least a little bad when they kill someone in a very vivid LD? Like if it felt as real as In RL? I probably would.

print