Author  Message 
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

Ever read your older posts?
PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Hey all,

Have you ever gone back and read your old posts, like, your really old posts?
I just did, I read some of the oldests post I've ever made on this website. It's interesting how different I was back then, and how differently I communicated on this site (at times I was kind of a jerk )

How about you guys, have you ever gone back and read your old posts?

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

I do it every now and again... I don't think I have changed that much.
Just for fun my first few posts...
the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic III
Quote:
I'm interested in experiencing a lucid dream without waking up with excitement eek2 I' ve never enjoyed one for longer than a few seconds after becoming lucid.
I tried spinning but felt like I was knocking my fingertips on something , thought I had woken up but had just gone into a dream about waking oops

same topic
Quote:
By the way I love the link to the site from emails , it really makes life simple.
Thanks for the encouragement infectionO I read somewhere on this site that staying calm after realising ld is the key. So I might try deep breathing as in relaxation techiques and maybe shutting my eyes for a moment? What do you guys think?
Hello Firehorse hope you give me lots of advice in the future.
Hi Ashuura (hope I spelt it right) you seem to be way ahead of me. I don't think I'll ever get a wild. sadblauw
Hello BuLLeT-PrOOf and Luminar we seem to be at nearly the same level it will be fun to see how we get on and share our news smile
Well I'll go and visit another page I may see you there.

Newbie Advice - Helpful Hints For The Aspiring Lucid Dreamer
Quote:
I read ElvinKirby message
Quote:
sorry people I don't know how to bring up quotes. I have the same problem I practice RCs in the day but upto now always forget to do it while sleeping. But only when something truly impossible happens (so far one of my parents appearing in the dream - they have both passed on) I realise I'm just starting a lc and get excited by all the possibilities and wake up like Fdoyon.
P.S. hope I'm getting all the names right.

same topic
Quote:
Sorry about my above mistake. My message came up as a quote

So do you think I have changed? Except for being able to handle BBcode now

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict

You definitly have a good handle on BBcode, what with all the quoting and large fonts and everything you just used

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

Her self esteem improved a lot too. Look at her first post.

Josh, quote your first posts here too!

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict

Very well, I'll go find some......

Quote:

My name is Josh.

This one is me correcting Jeff after he accidentally called me John...no smilies or emoticions...I feel like such a jerk, writing so stern like that

And here is my very first post on the philosopher's cloud, talking about the meaning of life smile

Quote:

Thats a good point.
I think that, scince the Human Race continues to evolve, our purpose must evolve too. I dont think we were put here, and that there is one meaning of life, I think we make ourselves, and our own purpose is discovered as we grow and learn. We all ahev to find our own meaning of life, it cant be shared by all of us, because there is no one meaning.
And since, like I said before, the nature of our purposes changes too. think of when we were all astralopiphicus (spelled that wrong probably) roaming the plains of Africa. We had a real simplistic purpose. Gather food and stay alive. As we evolved we grew in intelligence and and diversified in beliefes, so what we saw as the meaning of life changed too.

Anyone think I've changed or do I seem the same as always?

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

You became more scanable. grin

Also, I think you're a bit more friendly now, but that may be just the lack of smileys in your first posts ^^

You still start your posts positioning yourself in relation to the other posters—I agree, I disagree.

Funny to see how you moderators began your journeys through this forum. I mean—look at this! By the time of these posts you both were just... Yet two other n00bs. tounge2

---
Do you think I should quote my first posts? I may be only 11 days old, but the first posts won't change much. grin

Nah, I batter wait till I changed to ask people if they think I changed. tounge2

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict

I agree (I'm positioning myself in relation to another poster again......)
You could wait a while and then go back and look, it's more interesting that way smile

alex
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Several times when people have replied to very old topics and i see one of my old posts i don't even recognise that it was me writing it let alone remember writing it. I've even thought "was there another alex on this board?"
I don't think i've changed that much since i first joined but maybe i have and just haven't noticed it

Petter
Suddenly Around!
cookie lover
LD count: 5ish

I have seen some of my old posts now .

Especially my first .
I started wilding accidently and it scared me in here ! 8D

I also noticed that I aint that formal when osting as I was and post more .
I aint "afraid" of the forum anymore shy2
And I have went more to the lounge the gathering and playground shy2

I have over 600 PG posts

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict

Wow, if playground posts counted, you'd be well over 1000 posts already 8D

Petter
Suddenly Around!
cookie lover
LD count: 5ish

Yup I would ^^

But I havent spammed playgound .
Noooooooooooooooooooot at all

Lanina
Wolf and Dreamer
Dream Deity

I haven't been here for such a long time, but I think that I've changed. I have found certain smilies I like to use, and I also know people more. I'm not as formal and I post less
"That sounds intresting". lachgroen

Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: 33

It's weird, but I laugh at myself.

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 10.oct

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

My first post since i got my internet back was this:

Quote:
There is one RC that always work for me. I draw a circle in the air with my finger. If I'm dreaming, the circle will glow. I can then go through the circle to another world or another time. I never know where I will come out.
That is still my favourite RC siiw

The second post was this:
Quote:
This reminds me of a dream I had several years ago. I had just lost a friend in an accident. I kept dreaming of her for a while. Once I asked her: What are you? Are you really my friend, or are you just a picture from my mind? (or something...) She said something like: "I am just like the last note of a song. You can still hear it after the song is over" (the dream was in Norwegian, of course...) Now, after 8 years, i only dream of her once in a while.
and Q was the first to reply to something I posted. siiw I haven't dreamt about her for quite a long time now.

and the first LD was this:
Quote:
I got a LD this night.

My parents and I am sitting in my parents' car outside the house I grew up in. There are so many people outside the car it's difficult to move it. I point out a foreign football player to my mother, who supports the same team. I want to talk to him, so I step out of the car. All the people went into the house, and I spot a new motorbike outside the house. I decide to go for a ride. "This isn't real and I can't be caught", I think. The hill some 200 m from the house is unnatyrally steep, and I almost fall off the motorbike! "This hill is badly made. It's not as steep in the real world", I think. Then I realise I'm dreaming.

I'm standing on top of the hill, looking at my childhood home. My brother is walking up the hill towards me. I tell him, "this is a dream". He replies, "really?" I perform what was meant to be a spectacular flying kick, and land on my back, on the ground. It's like the gravity has been changed. Then we engage in the Wing Chun exercise "chi sao". I'm able to feel and trap all his moves. (Normally I'm reluctant to spar with him. He has been practicing far more than me) When we are finished I turn and look at the house again, amazed that this detailed view is actually stored in my brain. The sky is grey, with dark grey clouds and light grey cracks. I cover my eyes with my hands and look again, but that only added some pink in the cracks. Somewhere on the way home I lose control of the dream.

I remember moogle's welcome post to me well! I was surprised when she had been reading my dreams...it added a lot to the friendly impression of this place. siiw

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Fiver
repentant
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

lehigh nagy wrote:
I stayed up for 31 hours, went to sleep thinking of nothing but lucid dreams, had a friend do some experiments like speaking to me, all that and nothing.

I'm pretty sure that's my first post.
I don't like it. Only a few months ago, but it still seems far away.

Page 1 of 6Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

print   ShareShare