Can't control the dream

I don’t know if this question has been answered earlier, but i’ll risk it.
I have been trying to get lucid dreams for about half a year now, and i’ve had a few. Last night, i had one again.
One thingi can’t seem to manage is to ‘control’ the dream. I can doe what i want, but i cannot change the setting and background of the dream, nor can i ‘create’ something like dors if i want.
I can, with much trouble, fly in a dream, so that’s not a problem. In one dream i tried to stick my finger through a mirror, and that worked. Unfortunately, when i went through completely, i was caught in the ‘liquid’ of the mirror, instead of appeared in the ‘room’ behind it.
Since then, i believe i am subconciousele (don’t know exacly how to spell that word, sorry) scared of goint through things, 'cause last night, i tried sticking a finger through brick, what i have done before, but it didn’t work, whatever i tried.
I have had my share of lucid dreams, but i can’t seem to grasp the ‘master state’, where i can change something. Sometimes i have to search for minutes before i find what i wanted…

Maybe someone on this board can give me some advice about this? I find it reallt fustrating, because it takes lucid dream-time, which is very precious.
I will try to meditate every day about ten minutes, and hope it helps. I hope someone can give me an answer on this fustrating problem.

Chieltje

hey, I had exactly the same problem as you…

this might sound real weird and stupid but, what I would do (IRL) before i go to bed was stand the middle of my room and imagine a door or any object behind me. I would visualize it many times and turn around and of course, find nothing. If u keep practicing in real life, just apply what you have been doing into a LD.

Hmm, i’ll try that. Any other suggestions, anyone?

Just keep persisting. In my lucid dreams I tried to do things which didn’t always work the first time, but if you don’t give up and keep trying, they eventually happened. And if it really doesn’t happen no matter how hard you try one way, switch to a different approach. For example, I had a similar problem trying to walk through a wall head on, but I discovered it worked easily if I turned sideways while I was doing it. So be creative - try many different methods if the first is ineffective!

This has happened to me a few times - but if I look away and look back, what you wanted to appear/change/happen has!

Not with me… i’ve tried that countless times :sad:

I kind of have the same but differently; I cant control my own actions. I know I am dreaming and therefor I am lucid but I still cant control my actions, let alone control the dream. Its not like Im awake in the dream even if I am lucid.

Have you tried to give verbal commands in LD-s?

This is one way how to keep your LD going on w/o waking up (at least it helps to prolong it for certain time). For example, when i feel that the dream is going to fade away, i say out: “This is a stabilized dream”.

And the same should work with creating things in dream by verbal commands. I have practiced teleporting simple things in a room to different place just repeatingly commanding them and believing that this will happen. Slowly, but it happened. I believe that by using verbal commands you give your brain direct orders to create things, or move them in LD. And if you believe, that what you command, will happen, it will :smile:

I do manage it, but it is hard to think about.

IRL nothing you see is different but ur actions can be different and still be lucid but I have been lucid and invisible to other people and when I wanted to appear I could appear by making them smile. There is no I, nor is there a them, just as a reminder a can say.

In a dream however a can do much more, but a prefer to help and realise the suffering. Only when ur alive are you suffering as per sec IRL but then asleep your not, but this living thing isn’t strange or normal it is contentment.

While im no expert, with a grand total of 1 lucid dream under my belt I was able to make someone appear in that dream. What I did was turn my back and said to myself “when I turn around there will be a beautiful woman in my bed” and it worked. I tried it again and it worked the 2nd time too. Its quite interesting to see what my subconsious thought was beautiful.

I hope this helps

lol, a million different things happen when your back is turned