lucid, but no dream control.

hey guys,

whenever i find out I am dreaming, I do a reality check and it fails. But i can’t really control my actions confidently, like I have done stuff in LD’s but I would like to do a lot more but I can’t because every time i realise im dreaming, i forget what to do and when i have nothing to do in a LD the dream just fades…

I don’t get excited at all. I just can’t think of anything to do while im lucid, but in real life i think of all these wonderful things to do in a LD. How come I can never remember what to do in a LD, like my mind goes completely blank and then the dream starts fading and I wake up. I can’t even remember to stabalize the dream by shouting verbal commands…

It has happened to me, where I do nothing after becoming lucid and soon wake up.
But others times I feel flooded with ideas.
Try to think about things you’re going to do in you LD before going to bed.

Maybe even pick the number one thing you want to try and think about that more often in waking life.

I can remember what i want to do in an LD but I can never do it, I tried telekenesis, conjuration and flying but none of them worked even a tiny bit. Even when I spoke to my DC’s they didn’t believe that it was my dream. Can anyone suggest any tips?

yeah that is my main problem right now.

After months of practice, i can get regular LD’s. the problem is that i recognize them, but for some reason it seems very normal to me and i don’t do what i want to do. It’s basically as if I was dreaming that I was having a lucid dream. :happy: After I wake up, it just feels like a normal dream.

or i get lucid and i do weird stuff but its not what i wanted to do. i basically have no control.

Maybe you’re trying to do it the wrong way? You’ll get better with practice, though; that’s for sure.

In my first LD, I tried to conjure water. Didn’t work because I was looking at the spot and wasn’t exactly expecting water to be there. A month later, I successfully conjured an mp3 player in my pocket.

Expectation. I think the main problem is that you intend for something to happen, but you don’t actually expect it to happen. It’s kinda hard for the mind to wrap the idea around your being able to fly or create something when you’ve never done it before.

Flying… you can start by autosuggestion. Flap your arms, or take some big leaves from a nearby tree and flap those. Or you could try Superman style. If you look on the quest section and look at last moon’s quest, you should be able to find out more ideas there.

Conjuring is different. For me, I wasn’t able to actually see what I was conjuring, and I still can’t without it messing up. So far, I’ve conjured small things by expecting them to be in my pocket. I have heard, however, that by expecting people to be behind you, or behind a door, that they will appear there, as well.

As for telekinesis, all I’ve done was caused a marble to glow bright green. Don’t know if that counts.

The key is expectation. You can’t just think something might happen. You have to know it will happen.

This reminds me of normal dreams I’ve had in which I see a person from far away and think it’s, say, “Tony from work” and as I get closer to him, it is Tony from work. My brain expects it to be that person, so it is. It’s not like I wanted Tony to appear and he did (conjuring), but my brain expected the person I saw to be Tony, so it became him. I think that’s kind of how it works (agreeing with MMNe0), you have to expect things to be a certain way for them to happen. At least I hope when I finally get to that stage of dreaming, it will work that “easily” for me. :content:

well, a good way to look at it as many people has suggested before, is to practice control. I made a topic about it a while back. Have a look if you wish: https://community.ld4all.com/t/dream-control-excercises/17065

I think of this stuff as lack of confidence. I don’t think about what I do in an LD, I just do it.

I.E. I had a dream where I needed to get to the 4th floor of a building.
I simply flew. I didn’t think about it. Automatic.
I suppose that in an LD, I know exactly what I need to do. I.E. I want to get somewhere, so I run to the street and get on a bus that is there. Then tell the driver to take me there and hurry. It worked for me.

Next I’ll try manifesting abilities that I know I have. (Not that I have them, but using them as if you expect to have them is the key).

Try taking a Lucidity Pill before going to sleep.

Whats that?

You take a placebo or a random harmless pill and convince yourself it will give you lucid control. it is a trip to the subconscious that may get you over the hill in this issue.

At the very beginning, it was a pill you ate in a LD, not in real life.

It is also a pill that embodies autosuggestion. “By taking this pill, I will have an LD and have perfect control in it.”

Does a real life lucidity pill really work? What about one you take in a LD? Although if you are already in a LD, what is the point of the pill? :content:

Hello, I’m new here but I just wanted to say that when I read about your lucidity pill, I first thought of melatonin. Its a very interesting concept of the placebo effect though.

I’m sure you all know this being avid lucid dreamers, but melatonin helps with dream recall. It makes my dreams more vivid. I can’t take it often because it loses its effect and can actually make it somewhat hard to sleep sometimes. Its supposed to make you tired, but for some reason, I can’t always sleep on it.

I’ve also read on the internet about this new pill thats supposed to make you psychic and can help with lucid dreaming. I’m sure its just a gimmick. But if it wasn’t so expensive, I might actually try it just to see if it works.

Hello, LightandLove, and welcome to the forums!

I think that some people here misunderstand what the “lucid pill” is. https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-lucidity-pill/22061

It works as a form of autosuggestion, tricking the SC that by doing a certain action, you will be able to more easily do something else. For example, I’ve had some old marbles lying around the house, and in a dream, I find them. I trick my SC by saying that when I hold the marbles out in front of me a certain way, I will be able to transform. It’s almost worked a few times, but I probably wasn’t concentrating enough.

I hope that helps…

Thank you Matrix. Yes that clarifies. I’ve been roaming around the boards and have been trying to get all the info I can. I’m a natural lucid dreamer who only has dreams spontaniously and I’m ready to become dedicated! :smile: