Problems with control

Author  Message 
NapoleonDynamite55
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 60 something

Problems with control
PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Hello, I'm not sure how much you all could help me with this, but here it goes. In general, I don't have a whole lot of
trouble entering LD's. I can usually have several a month. However, I have yet to have an LD that I am sufficiently satisfied with. I can usually keep the dream going for several minutes, but after that, everything just sort of goes blank. Like last night. I ALMOST got to the place I've been wanting to go to, but I woke up before I got there. Also, I have problems manipulating things. For example, if I try to make something or someone appear, it very rarely happens. Any advice on this?

Hapexamendios
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Do you wake up because the dreams end there or do you get too excited? If it's the latter, commanding yourself to calm down will do the trick.

To create objects or people out of think air, it's easier to look away and tell yourself something like 'when I'll look again, ___ will be standing there'.

Good luck!

Last edited by Hapexamendios on Thu 28 Jun, 2007; edited 1 time in total
Asema
Kekekeke zerg rush!
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

I experience the same problem. My fix for it is doing something strange; cooperating and attuning myself to the dream world -- working with my subconscious -- rather than forcing change. It's a bit metaphorical, but the meaning is pretty clear when you try it -- just ask your subconscious in a way you consider kind to "please allow me to make this change."

print