The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Dream Inducing Herbs

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
unseen

Dream Inducing Herbs
PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

hey everyone...jus got into LD pretty recently, and i was wondering if anyone had tried any of these dream inducing herbs ive heard about...i tried searching the forums here about them...but could not come up with how to search. There is a couple of em, and they say that shamans and indians and bla bla have used these herbs to have lucid dreams for thousands of years, african dream root working better than the rest apparently. Any feedback would be great! Thx.
EDIT: lol, sorry, jus found the search button...dont know why i did not see that before.

Mr. Diggity
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I've been taking Valerian Root for about the past month and it has not helped me with my dream recall at all. If anything I had better recall before I started taking Valerian. I'm going to stop taking it and see if my dream recall improves to see if it is actually the Valerian that is affecting my recall.

Azurescen
Neptune Warrior
Astral Explorer

Ci Shi, Magnetitum mineral - is a possibility
[mod]direct link removed, please don't link to product vendors[/mod]. its supposed to ballance out your yin/yang and relax your mind. Not expensive either.

awesomer
Nothing to put here.
Somniologist

Mr. Diggity wrote:
I've been taking Valerian Root for about the past month and it has not helped me with my dream recall at all. If anything I had better recall before I started taking Valerian. I'm going to stop taking it and see if my dream recall improves to see if it is actually the Valerian that is affecting my recall.

Yeah, I month ago I started to drink valerian tea before bed, and I found that I did not remember any of my dreams once I started to take it. Apparantly it's supposed to enhance sleep, not dreams.

sirius)(black
digital dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: a few

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

isn't a sulfite something with sulfur in it and isn't sulfur poisonous?

and chlorine's poisonous too so aluminum chlorine should be too

i wouldn't try it if i were you,

omega3
Generic Lurker
cookie lover
LD count: 200+

Patchouli on a piece of cloth nearby or rubbed on skin (in an oil) seems to help with dream recall/LDing...or maybe it's just me.

Azurescen
Neptune Warrior
Astral Explorer

sirius)(black wrote:

Uhh, Im assuming your talking to me. On a second look you should realize that it says sulfite free and I didn't notice any thing about chlorine. Anyways, even if I missed something, first off people who have a low tolerance to sodium enjoy something called potassium chloride all the time with no ill effects. Chlorine alone and in its gasious form is poisonous, but, depending on the element its mixed with, can be harmless.

sirius)(black
digital dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: a few

ehh okay, i edmit, i must apologise now:P

Azurescen
Neptune Warrior
Astral Explorer

Well, no worries dude, you were just trying to be safe about the whole issue. I actually thank you for makin me take another look at it.

On the topic, I have been using this herb(in a different form) for about a month now and I can say that it does help out with dreams. It isn't a miricle dream inducing herb, I dont think there is such a thing, but it does help keep you in a clear state of mind, which is perfect for those difficult WILD techniques. If anything, Ive had perfect control over my ability to AP lately so it might just be some kind of a miricle herb for those purposes.

Hyperion
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

sirius)(black wrote:

Sulfur isn't poison! Go back to biology class. smile

And I would be careful with herbs, as always. Herbs *are* medicine. Being natural doesn't assure complete safety. When I try something new, I always take a low dose first to see how it will affect me. If you're unknowingly allergic to something, and you take a high dose, you're screwed.

Quimbisero
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Hyperion wrote:

Sulfur isn't poison! Go back to biology class. smile

In addition to all of the notes below (and a lot more can be found about the risks of sulfur to health simply by googling it, Sulfides, used frequently in the preservation of fruit, especially from outside the US can cause allergic reactions in a large number of people. I'm one of them. All I need to do is eat one Sufide preserved orange and I will lose my voice for at least an hour. I didn't have a clue what was causing it and i asked my gp. He asked right away if I'd eaten anything either outside my usual diet or from a source that was new for me. Since I had not been buying fruit from street stalls before and I'd recently begun to buy fruit salads from a vendor on campus, we were able to put 2 and 2 together. When I stopped buying from them, I had no repetition of the problem.

Extracts:

The European Union prescribes a maximum of no more than 20 ppm of sulfur for white sugar. And truly speaking, this cannot be achieved with conventional sulphitation processes of making sugar.

WHAT DOES SULPHUR DO?
• Sulfur in foodstuffs has been shown to be linked to colon rectal cancer.
• Sulfur is believed to destroy Vitamin A, as it promotes the oxidation of the conjugated double bonds, and is also known to destroy Vitamin B1..
• Sulfur and sulfur dioxide are also known to promote allergies and accelerate the onset of allergy attacks.
• Meta bisulfites are often used as food preservatives, but there are upper limits imposed on their concentration.

Sci Total Environ. 1991 Jan 15;101(3):281-90. Related Articles, Links

Toxicity to beef cattle of sulfur in saline well water: a case study.

Beke GJ, Hironaka R.

Agriculture Canada Research Station, Lethbridge, Alta.

A disorder diagnosed as polioencephalomalacia occurred in yearling Hereford heifers, but not in mature cows, within 2 months of exposure to saline well water. The physiological effects of the disorder matched most of the symptoms for bovine polioencephalomalacia. The water contained 3875 mg l-1 total dissolved salts, sulfate and sodium being the dominant ions. Calculated daily sulfur and sodium intakes were near the upper limit of their range for recommended maximum tolerance level. Sulfur toxicity was implicated as the causative agent for the disorder. Differences in effect of waters with similar sulfur contents were attributed to the total dietary sulfur intake by the cattle rather than to the saline water alone. Established guidelines for saline drinking water were deemed not applicable when fodder from saline land is supplied to or grazed by cattle.

PMID: 2038662 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

bass lord
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

If patchouli oil works will burning incense before going to sleep help DR or LDing? Also were can these roots be found? Do i have to go to a specialty shop or can I simply find them in my grocery store?

Buddhax

PostPosted: Sat 08 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Calea zacatechichi

servo-15
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 09 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Hi unseen, calea z. was quite a popular LD inducing herb as Buddax said. You can't get it in health shops, but maybe in "head shops" or online. it has a bitter taste crazy and looks like a big bag of weed, lol.

Somnio Forte
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Never tried it personally, but some people have said that ginseng helps.

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare