Rainbow Connection

The BIG Reality Check Topic [part III]

Author  Message 
whispa
no surprises please
cookie lover

The BIG Reality Check Topic [part III]
PostPosted: Wed 09 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

<mod> This is part III of the BIG Reality Check topic.
Part I can be found in the archive here.
Part II can be found here.
Please post all your RC questions, techniques, etc here. Other RC topics will be merged into this topic. </mod>

I started reading this topic right from the beginning last night(the first 3 or 4 pages) and got some vivid lucid dreams this morning grin RC's were on my mind a lot more. The hand RC never lets me down smile I'm interested in trying 'lucid living' now.

Neruo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

I do remeber looking at my hand this one dream, but what I recall it looked normal. I at least Thought it was normal.

It's an intresting paradox to do RC's. RIght now I am 100% sure I am not dreaming, becouse my dreams are never like my 'normal' vision (that, and I am using an electronic device/pressing buttons/reading). Yet RC's only work if you do them IRL too, becouse in a dream everything looks normal.

I think I will just try to find and use my dreamsigns. I kind of adopted orange as my dreamsign, becouse I saw it in 2 of the 10 dreams I recalled (when first writing them down). Everything I see something really orange I do an RC.
Is it smart to 'adopt' a dreamsign so quickly? Maybe I will see orange in my dreams more often now becouse I think about it more in the day?

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Ive been using red as a trigger for me to do a RC, and I also wrote a little red "C" on my hand. This still has not worked after weeks. sadblauw cry whatsthat

Neruo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

StEvE21 wrote:
Ive been using red as a trigger for me to do a RC, and I also wrote a little red "C" on my hand. This still has not worked after weeks. sadblauw cry whatsthat

Becouse you don't see red in your dreams? Red kind of overflows you IRL. I allready began to get annoyed with all the orange on the way to school ^__^

Maybe try random RC's again steve..or a different RC-trigger. Or does red really have a dreamsign-meaning to you?

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Red is not a special dream sign of mine, but im using it because it is a common colour. I also thought that subconsciously I would dream about red more than i did before, because it is on my mind more than usual.
I am doing RC randomly too.
I want WILD to be my main method of LDing, so once I get the hang of it I can forget about doing RC.

Neruo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Hmmm, WILD is relaxt, RC-ing does make me feel a bit weird, all this just to have a cool dream?

But I think even if you would be able to do WILD RC-ing would be usefull.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sat 03 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Neruo wrote:
Is it smart to 'adopt' a dreamsign so quickly?

I don't see any problem. If you think it's a good dreamsign. By the way, you can change it when you want.
StEvE21 wrote:
Ive been using red as a trigger for me to do a RC, and I also wrote a little red "C" on my hand. This still has not worked after weeks.

How many weeks? Did you notice something strange about the red colour in your normal dreams?

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 03 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Almost 3 weeks now for red, and 1-2 weeks for the "C"
And I dont remember seeing anything red in my dreams...This is the opposite of what i expected to happen. I thought I would begin to see more red, not less. I dont think this will work for me, i'll just go back to random RCs with lucid living

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sun 04 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Quote:
i'll just go back to random RCs with lucid living

I think it a good idea. Remember you have to question the reality when you perform a RC ("Am I dreaming?") and you have to expect it to work IRL. Don't just do it automatically.

Neruo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Basilus West wrote:
Quote:
i'll just go back to random RCs with lucid living

I think it a good idea. Remember you have to question the reality when you perform a RC ("Am I dreaming?") and you have to expect it to work IRL. Don't just do it automatically.

That's the hard part. If I do RC's IRL I never really question or I am dreaming, becouse I know for sure I am not, otherwise everything wouldn't be so 'clear'...

But then if you do it in your dreams you allso don't think about it enough and you just ignore it <=( \

I guess I have to try harder.

Danielsan
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

*does RC*

no dream :o

just took a nap, but i have to improve my DR cause i dont remember anything

gabbe
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

I did something realy stupid a couple nights ago,I had a very vivid dream. I was on a train, and looked at a mirror. I decided to do a RC ... So I looked at my teeth, they looked perfectly normal, ok this isn´t a dream i said to myself. eh

I´ve never done such a RC.. but i probaly got it from reading about teeth falling out as a DS.

Danielsan
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

i think the best method is to pinch your on cheeks. i do this pretty often in my dreams, sometimes i control it cause i notice something is wrong but sometimes i just do it without any reason. Maybe its a dreamsign :O or maybe its just cause i do RCs pretty often in RL also :o.
Well, and after i pinched my cheeks and i feel nothing (like my cheek was numb) i am like: "hey I'm dreaming!" and it pretty often leads to LDs then.

Petter
Suddenly Around!
cookie lover
LD count: 5ish

Thats pretty short time from making up a RC to trying it out !! wink

Altered Perception
No cookies for you.
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 27 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

I set the RC picture in the shop as my background for my PSP. Everytime I go to the menu I remember to RC.

print