Can't punch a wall, but I can walk through it

Ive been struggling with this for a few years now. Actually, i would date this back to child hood where I would have regular dreams where i was on a basketball court trying to shoot a basket and would fall down to my right each time. Never able to even shoot the damn ball!
During my LD experiences i try to punch things, like windows for example just to see what would happen. When i get like inches away from the window a huge force stops my hand from going through. Its a really powerful thing, and i try over and over again to break the window or wall, and even people at some moments, but my fist literally doesn’t even hit the surface of the object.
I then try to walk through the wall head first and glide through no problem.

(I deleted the second half after review.)
Anyone know why this is happening, and how i can learn to break through with the punch?

You’re right.This happened to me sometimes in ND’s and LD’s. I’ve perhaps two explanations: doing quick movements may be hard due to the feeling of your body being paralyzed during REM sleep; or it’s perhaps because you unconsciously fear it will hurt. In the second case, perhaps enhancing your lucidity level could help.

I have the opposite solids stay solid for me.
I bang into walls, trees, buildings. :grrr:

Seems like a lot of things in dreams are controlled by our beliefs. Challenge is to change them :smile:

Didn’t Laberge give an example where someone said that if you said your name in a dream you’d wake up. And the guy says his name, and cause he’s convinced it’d happen it happens.

What can i do to make my lucidity stronger?
I’ll try getting lucid tonight and do some up close punching, kinda like from Kill Bill (the coffin scene).

Its funny whenever I LD i try doing something in the dream i try doing something that will leave a remnant IRL. like going to somewhere in my room and putting somethign in a certain place…it never ends up being there when i wake up.

Im going to fly out of the solar system this time and try to find some aliends. WOOOO

I have had ND s where I punch but it feels like it hits softly.

Then I have other dreams where I have a sword and I hack around at an evil pink squirrel and cut off his tail.
Go figure. I mean, I punch, I hit, but it seems as though my moves are dampened. I had a dream where I stabbed a mercenary, but it didn’t have all the fullness of the stabbing feeling you’d expect when stabbing. I felt like I was grazing the enemy.

You can use verbal commands, for instance shouting out loud “Lucidity x 1000”; you can perform RC’s; you can do some simple arithmetics.

perhaps your SC is trying to tell you something? like i used to have dreams where id walk into a wall and the whole building would fall onto its side or wobble around and id get a feeling of dread, i realized that this was just a way for my mind to show me that i dislike instability.
maybe whats happening in your dream is because you are trying to change something and are unable to; are you in a job where you are trying hard to be promoted but are never able to because of something stopping you(maybe a person or morals, something along that line)?

i sort of went off on a tangent (im sort of into psychology, probably going to be a psychiatrist)

Haha. That seems sorta silly. I have only had one LD. If I have one tonight, I will try that.

I appreciate the inquiry. My original post was going to attempt to solve some issue like you brought up. I do actually feel that I am sometimes stopping myself short of expectations. For me right now, it is in my career. I have been planning on starting a new website for a while but for some reason keep procrastinating, even though i know the result is cash money.
I’m so glad to have had that lucid dream, if I didn’t then I wouldnt really be able to stop and think about my real life.

Lucid dreaming = therapy

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good handle on the source of the problem. Next step…ask a DC how to fix it!

i can walk through walls in real life, in fact i can do anything

you can too

anyone can do anything

believe 100% and it is yours

argue for your limitations, and surely you will have them

I actually works quite well :smile:
I once had a lucid dream in which I commanded my lucidity to increase, and increase it did :yes:

Ahem. Have you done this before IRL?