Magnus
Do a RC, Now!
LD4all addict
Wolfgame
LD count: 48

Nintendo Wii
PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

This topic is about discussion about Nintendo's new Console Wii and it's games

How many of you are planning to get a Wii and the game SSBB?
Since SSBB has an online function then maybe we can make a tournament for the LD4all members grin

Except for SSBB, I think I want to get the new Zelda game Twilight Princess but then after those two games I don't know what games I want

maybe the metroid game too, or Wii sports seem fun with the motion sensitive control

Current LD goal(s): Play chess on the moon :), transform into a guinea pig

Last edited by Magnus on Thu 18 Jan, 2007; edited 3 times in total
Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

I loved the idea behind Wii! It will rule so much!

Have you people seen it's controller? I read they wanted to make it like that because people who never got how to play videogame would be able to play Wii, and because the people who know still have to get used to it, so it's a new challenge.

Well, they got it right. Me mom saw the ad on the net and said: 'Wow, I could play that! I want to play that!'

Also, I like the idea of downloading old nintendo games and playing them on Wii. yes

I'm definately going to buy Wii, SSBB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and Zelda. I think I also want to buy Mario, Gamecube's Mario wasn't really good, but this one looks like going to be nice. siiw

I think that controller is just rediculous. It seems so freakin noob. I think it was a good idea, but i've seen a demo, and i dont think it is that great. I think Nintendo is becoming less of a gamers gaming console and more of a form of entertainment for hosting a party. Literally every group I know, whether they be gamers, nerds, theatre people, or preps plays the gamecube with a group.

But on the other hand when it comes to group play, You cant beat nintendo. But if i am going to spen money on a console i want to be able to put alot of time into single player, and i know that will only rarely happen with the wii.....zelda.

So yeah, but i defintely cant wait to play ssbb. and zelda of course. Ill just get Twilight princess on an emulator when one is available

Fadem
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: Not Enough

I don't like the name though...

*5 y/o kid: Mom, I want a Wee!*

=|

Anyway, the controller is brilliant, there are a hell of a lot of possibilities for game developers to implement the motion sensor function into games ^^.
(Nice gameplay =D)...

Kev
Rawr the time away!!
Astral Explorer
LD count: 13

Hey, I'm getting the Wii and the same games as you! Twilight Princess at launch, though I'm half-expecting they'll sell it with the console... But yeah, the controller concept is great, and for those who don't like it there's the gamecube controller plug-in you can buy...

Draginvry
Living on Hado
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

As soon as they make a REAL action-roleplaying game with a model that completely renders actual motion of your weapon in-game, I'm buying Wii, and whatever game has that feature.

On a related note, can that controller even do something that complex? It uses infared to transfer data, right?

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

Nope, it doesn't, it's tracked via bluetooth and some other spatial motion sensoring technology (ooo a four word noun, how fancy!)

I don't think it's noob, Contage... After all, you're not an experienced Wii player! No–one is. Maybe they can make something really tough. I think the first games will be easier though, you're right. And I also agree that Nintendo has been focusing more and more on group play and hasn't been improving in single player modes...

Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 3189

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

I can't wait to buy a Wii I love everything about it and I could really see my family getting into this and having a lot of fun. I love how you could download NES, SNES, and N64 games on it.

When I told my music teacher about the conducting game he was like, "Really??" grin

I was great.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

I can't wait for the Wii's release. I'd love to get one but I won't be buying it right away, I'll probably wait a while until to see what kind of games they put out for it, but I'm fairly certain the games will be good. I'm also looking foward to getting to use the new style controller smile

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

It's like a mouse and a game controller combined! Plus, Will Wright's Spore is likely to be a Wii release. If you haven't heard of it, your life isn't complete. Google it, check it on Google Video, and if you're feeling adventurous, look up Gaming Steve's Spore forum.

I just hijacked this topic, didn't I? Um... I hope that I can afford a Wii. (unlike those $600 PS3s...)

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods

Cheap Plastic Imitation wrote:
I hope that I can afford a Wii. (unlike those $600 PS3s...)

I've read somewhere that the release price of Wii will be even lower than the release price of GameCube, can anyone get that checked?

I'm already saving me money. smile

Bruno wrote:

I've read somewhere that the release price of Wii will be even lower than the release price of GameCube, can anyone get that checked?

The price won't be announced until September, but it would be awesome if the release price was cheaper.

Soragu
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun, 2006  Reply with quote

Bruno wrote:

It's BELOW 250 dollars. That's all that I know.

I love the idea of the 3d sound. It's a little thing, but I think it still rocks. When firing a gun or something, the sound starts at the controller and ends on your tv, because they've put a speaker in the controller.

I won't download any classic games I guess. I prefer my collection of the original versions. It's not much, just a SNES, 2 SNES games and a N64 game, but it's still awesome. I might download some games, like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, because they haven't been released in Europe. Those games rock, seriously. Earthbound is a piece of art.[/u]

Tride
Just a dream
Lucid Initiate

I hope the remote technology works well. That's my biggest concern for the Wii.

I'm probably most looking forward to Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm also looking forward to Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Sonic Wild Fire, Rayman, and a few others. It will be interesting to see if game developers create games that are in line with Nintendo's philosophy for the Wii. Nintendo is really stressing innovativity and creativity this time around, and it will be nice if we get more original, creative games.

As for the price, I highly doubt it will be more than $200 since every past Nintendo console has launched with a $200 price point. Moreover, considering that the Wii will be graphically underpowered compared with the Xbox 360 and PS3, I don't see why it would need to break the trend.

And speaking of Earthbound, I was going to play it a couple of months ago (I have an original copy and an SNES) for the first time in some years. I was all geared up and ready for a nostalgia trip, then the game messed up as I was playing. sadblauw So hooray for the Wii's virtual console feature! Earthbound will be the first game I buy. grin

ferks
Pink Robot
Lucid Initiate

The Wii does look mighty fun, but I dont see myself buying one. I definatly hope to play it at parties and such with friends(its always fun to pull out an old n64 for some super smash brothers mayem), but I dont play too many video games anymore besides the occasional bout of nethack. Getting one for myself seems a waste since I would never play with it by myself and the others will probably buy one. ^^

Page 1 of 8Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

print   ShareShare