Pause Time

Your most disturbing False awakening

Author  Message 
regirock
I wike bunnies!
Somniologist

Your most disturbing False awakening
PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Mine was when I just had an extremely bad nightmare, got out of bed and was about to ask my mum what was for breakfast when she turned round and had red eyes! I then awoke IRL.

Neko
The Blushing Bride
Astral Explorer

Re: Your most disturbing False awakening

regirock wrote:
Mine was when I just had an extremely bad nightmare, got out of bed and was about to ask my mum what was for breakfast when she turned round and had red eyes! I then awoke IRL.

*quivers* Ohh my! That would be pretty freaky to experience. overspannen

I've never had a FA before, but I'd like one anyway, even if it was frightening.

Aksel
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Might be the time I woke up and told my sister all about FAs, without thinking that I could be having one the very seconds I said that lach2

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

When I looked at my watch and saw it was an hour after my maths test was due to start. Oh my god, total panic!

...and it turned out, I didn't even have a maths test in real life. kiekeboe

chambered_nautilus
byline worm
Dream Deity
LD count: quite a few

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I remember once waking up after a LD. In my bed, in the dark, with this girl just standing at the bottom of my bed, and her head was bent all the way over sideways at the neck so that her ear was flat against her shoulder. I sort of knew I was dreaming, but it scared the crap out of me. I think I screamed and threw a stuffed dinosaur at her, then closed my eyes and thought very firmly to myself that when I opened them there would be nobody there. It worked. Whew. sleep1 I know it doesn't sound too bad, but it was one of those things where it scared me really bad for no good reason.

Tomas
The lucid dreamer
cookie lover

This is my most disturbing one.. I woke up and everything looked exactly like waking life and my vision was just as vivid.
This is how the false awakening was: I woke up in my room, put on my clothed and walked across to hallway to my parents room to ask about something. I went into their room and they were both sleeping. Then suddently my mom sat up in like a split second and her eyes were glowing red and her face was all twisted. The scene was very similar to the one with the girl in the movie exorcism.
Then i woke up with a snap and again i put on my clothes and went out of my door leading to the hallway.. Just as i got out of the door i snapped awake again and this happened 2 more times before i really woke up.

Tomas
The lucid dreamer
cookie lover

regirock wrote:

That was disturbingly similar to my FA smile

regirock
I wike bunnies!
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

yeah it seems lots of ppl have dreams like this, for some odd reason

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

i went to bed with a stuffed animal cat on my chest when i was fairly young.

had a nightmare about an old lady trying to poison me and some kids that she was babysitting.

i woke up and walked down the hall, and something wasn't right.

i turned around and she was right in front of me, totally vivid and i ..... woke up absolutely terrified..... it was very very disturbing.

it was more that she had a terrifying charge to her vibes than that she looked "real" she was kind of cartoonish.

it's kind of like how you can be terrified of like, winnie the pooh or something, in a nightmare, even though he just looks normal. (or like in the Shining, when it shows the teddy bear in the closet, but it freaks you out real bad anyway becuase you aren't expecting a teddy bear!)

----------------

one time I was lucid and randomly decided I would wake up. I kept "waking up" in different places, but still being in a dream, until I couldn't wake up in any place at all and was in all this bright white light.

i should have stayed in the light but it was kind of unnerving, not being able to wake up, and not understanding where my body was even sleeping at!

Caz
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I woke up (in the dream), went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and I had the most disgusting cut on my forehead. It was really deep and gory. It was like a hole in my head. I didn't wake up then though, I talked to a girl called Elle.

regirock
I wike bunnies!
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

That's probably the worst one so far. It'd probably be even scarier for me, as I'm afraid of mirrors in dreams. (Not in real life funnily)

Bodomstar

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Neko wrote:
I've never had a FA before, but I'd like one anyway, even if it was frightening.

Oh no! Don't wish for that! sadblauw

I have this recurring nightmare, in which I have at least 3 and as much as 5 FAs and it's so frustrating and scary.

Skiff
Shadowboxer in color
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 07 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I know this is a bit of an old topic but it's still on the first page (if barley eh ).

Anyways, I've had some freaky FAs but most annoying one was during the winter last year. I "woke up" and pulled myself out of bed into the cold and got dressed, washed my face and everything. Something that I find hard to do when it's still dark. I was just sitting down to eat breakfast (highlight of the morning), when I woke up for real this time. I looked at my clock and found out I had slept in a good half hour longer then I should have and that I was, in fact, not dressed and not ready at all and I was very, very annoyed.

That still bugs me to this day!

dunlar
Astral Adventurer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 08 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I woke up, climbed out of bed, and walked to the door. I turned the knob and started to open it, when this big dog thing (think about Ghostbusters) burst through the door and knocked me over, waking me up again... I had to think twice about opening the door after that...

Rarg
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

ahh my worst happened like this: After this crazy, and creepy dream i "woke up". I was in my bed, it was dark, i got out, went to the bathroom, turned on the light, and my face was ENTIRELY swollen and blue like it had huge bruises all over it, and my eyes were shrunk into the back of my face with these huge, dry, black lines circling them. After i saw this for like 2 seconds i really woke up O_o. Messed up eh?

print