The BIG MILD topic - part III

Author  Message 
Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

Try not to doubt yourself, lucid dreaming isn't all that tough to learn but by the same token don't expect spectacular results in just a few days. It took me around 5 months to be able to have LD's at will.

carsten888
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

could conditional statement in mantra be why it is not working in dreams?

step 2 mild:
Quote:

I'm going to dream now. I'm in a dream. I'm aware of my dream.

I've tried to repeat the text when falling asleep, but found it too long to be comfortable, so instead I use (the Dutch equivalent of): "When I'm dreaming I know I'm dreaming".

This I just repeat over and over again, but so far with little succes.

Maybe my mantra is not working because of its conditional statement: "When I'm dreaming" might not 'execute' in a dream (can you tell I'm a programmer?), it just does not seem to trigger.

could conditional statement in mantra be why it is not working in dreams?

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

Yes indeed, you have to find a mantra that is convincing for you. So conditional statement could be a problem. "When I'm dreaming" is perhaps too vague. I'm using "next time I'm dreaming".

Anyway, the induction techniques based upon autosuggestion don't work immediatly. Two or three weeks are needed on average to put the mantra in your subconscious.

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

Well that are certainly other RC's that you can do. One of them is to look at a digital watch or some text, look away, then look back and see if it has changed. It will almost always change in a dream because you have no sensory input (smell, sight, touch etc.) to base the text off of.

Also you're not really doing the RC's to put them into your subconscious just to make it a habit because you have the same habits in dreams as in waking life.

don20853
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

I would also add that lots of stress and not having a set time to go to bed and get up every day can really mess up your DR and LD'ing. sadblauw
You didn't say anything about your DR. How is it? Are you remembering one or more dreams every day? If not, then you may have to work on that befor you try too hard to LD. I know that my DR droped down to nothing when I started the work I am doing now. I get up at 5AM three days a week. Then on three other days I get up at about 7-8 AM and on Sundays I get up at about 9. That is because on some days I have to be at work early, on other days I have things to do until late. I am just starting to get my DR back after about four months of this. Next year I hope to change my work so that I will not have to get up so early durring the week. smile
don

<mod>This topic is now locked ... please post basic MILD questions in The First Steps on Mild topic in Quest forum. In depth questions can be posted in pathways please give fully descriptive topic titles with (MILD) and a clue to the problem. </mod>

print