EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

New Bed! Help me in retaining my skills.

Author  Message 
Spinoza
Dream Pirate
Astral Explorer

New Bed! Help me in retaining my skills.
PostPosted: Fri 08 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I've been Lucid Dreaming since I found this site in April 2004. Well, I should say I started then, I didn't get an account here until I got my first Lucid Dream in July of that year.

I was at like at 2 LD's a week in November 2004 and I moved to my uncles house, and moved from a twin sized bed I was sleeping in since I was 6, to a queen sized pillowtop matress. I figured it would be awesome for my dreaming... I was wrong. It took me like two months to actually get into a dreaming zone of where I was when I was in my old house.

When I moved from my uncles house in May I was a LDing machine. I would get about two, sometimes three dreams A NIGHT. It was amazing. I moved to Canada and my bed became a pullout bed. I had my most amazing LDs in this bed, but when I first moved into it I honestly didn't have one LD for like a month. I was having like three or four dreams a night at my peak in this bed, it wasn't comfortable but I guess was good for me, w/e. I loved it. Well after about 6 months in this bed the thing broke. Now I sleep on a couch and my legs hang up in the air like I'm at a gyno or something.

I don't LD at all anymore when I'm on this couch. I have tried everything, but the dreams just don't happen or if they do they don't last as long as they usually do, maybe like 30 seconds. It sucked and I figured I'd get back to dreaming after a month, this didn't happen. I moved to this couch in December, I haven't been able to dream but I didn't mind. I had some amazing LD's when I would sleep in my G/F's bed. But I rarely sleep in her bed and dreams in her bed aren't planned, they just spontaneously happen, if they do at all.

Well, I managed to save up some money and I got a great deal on a 500 dollar "single" bed. It's extremely comfortable.

I have actually reverted to the phase of my dreaming life where I can't wait until I go to sleep. And I don't know what's going to happen. I'm going to WILD, like normal, but I don't know what will happen. I want to get back to where I was, now that I can comfortably sleep.

I need advice!! What should I do?

Should I just sleep normally? Should I set my alarm for some WBTB? Should I read my DD's for some of my dream nostalgia?

Also, how can I get "tired" again. I know this sounds weird, but usually by midnight I'm wiped out, it's 11:40 local time right now and I'm up and about like I'm going to Disney World in the morning... I have so much anticipation. I don't want to screw up my sleep schedule.

huggkruka
Swedish Sleepyhead
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 08 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Sounds tricky. I sleep in different beds alternately every week, and I can't say there's a large difference. Of coruse, a bed you've slept in all your life, your body must know that very well(Positions, where it's lumpy, etc).

I think you're in a downward spiral. After you switched beds to the sofa, your body was unused to it. So, naturally, you became worried, since you've had great dreams all this time. After a while, you didn't epext dreams anymore. I think that has a psychological effect.

This is all speculating, of course. I think it would help if you really looked forward to this new bed. Imagine it'll be a great bed for lucids. Imagine you'll have tons. It might help, I don't know... the brain is good at fooling itself.

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I thought it sounded like a good idea to read in your dream journal. Like at your peak. To get into that mode so to speak. Capture the frame of mind you had.

print