EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Weird/Interesting/Funny Moments of Lucidity

Author  Message 
Rodrigo
Dream Collector
LD4all addict
Rodrigo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 91!

Weird/Interesting/Funny Moments of Lucidity
PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Do you have weird/interesting/funny moments of lucidity? (I don't think this post has been done before right? Not with LDs, I think)

Let's post them all and comment on the oddness :D

I'll start with something that happened this night:
Rodrigo's DJ wrote:

Anyway, at some point, I remember being outside, and looking at my yard, which was crowded with guests for the BBQ. I notice a big "STOP" traffic sign in the middle of my yard, among the people. I become lucid for a moment, and picture that I should concentrate on the STOP sign to maintain lucidity. (don't ask... it seemed to make sense at the time). I focus my sight on it and everything begins to darken and spin. My sight gets black and I feel a spinning feeling, like if I'm being pulled into a blackhole or something like that. That takes me back into a ND state.

MelissaDreamer
Day Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 16

PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Hey this is a good topic! And yes I have had some really weird LD happenings. Like when I first became Lucid one night, I turned a really ugly looking guy into a very cute looking one, and I kissed him, but as I was kissing him, it tasted sour, he turned back into his ugly form as I was kissing him I ugess, and his mouth was foul...lmao it was gross.

Or the time I was trying to fly, I decided to get a running start, but as I was running I ran into a tree and lost Lucidity. I also remember the time I tried to make someone appear in back of me, a guy I really liked at the time. I say "When I turn around and say Marco, he will appear ^^" So I turn around, I say "Marco", turn around and I see a guy I know named Roco heh..
I say "Roco?!", and another Roco appears and I started to laugh because the second Roco was wearing a dress. Pretty odd happenings, but it was all in fun wink.

I think I talk too much...

Current LD goal(s): Look for my spirit guide.
Genki
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

MelissaDreamer wrote:
I say "When I turn around and say Marco, he will appear ^^" So I turn around, I say "Marco", turn around and I see a guy I know named Roco heh..
I say "Roco?!", and another Roco appears and I started to laugh because the second Roco was wearing a dress. Pretty odd happenings, but it was all in fun wink.

lol lach2 , really funny XD

Well, in one LD I started flying around and remebered someone from the forums who said that he/she flew oversea and touched the water. I thought "gonna do it!", as I was on my house's yard I decided to do it over the swimmingpool instead of finding an ocean tounge2 (a small swimmingpool). Then, when I did it the water splashed on my eyes, I lost control of the flyght and ended up facing the wall. My dream mom scolded me then

0Haku0
Hopeless Daydreamer
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 20 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

0Haku0's Journal wrote:

Also at the time I took off, a song called "Hustla Musick" by Lil' Wayne started playing. music2

<More dream stuff here, snipped for this post>

I rubbed the ground to feel its texture: hard. Now the crazy part is that the music was now saying "Chicken Burrito" over and over, but it was still with the beat.

I looked up and saw a Mexican Resturant I bet that they had chicken burritos grin1

After that I woke up.

Feel free to read the entire dream and the rest of my LDs in my journal rechterduim omhoog met knipoog

Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Chicken Burrito...... Yeah.... crazy

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 26 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Great topic, Rodrigo! I've only just found it.

Haku, I was cracking up laughing with your chicken burrito moment. Total craziness, but it's classic! lach1

Edit: Took me a while to find it in the backlog, but here's a funny excerpt from one lucid dream. I tried to cut out all the unnecessary sentences to shorten it, but it's still rather long.

Quote:
The muffins looked absolutely delicious, packed with tons of blueberries - my favourite! But did I eat them? No! Instead, I wanted to see what would happen to the muffins if I waved my hand over them, so I did.

And what should happen, but that all the blueberries disappeared! Now they just looked like plain old boring muffins, though still edible. Well, that wasn't good enough. I wanted the blueberries back, so I waved my hand over them again. Some of the blueberries indeed returned this time, although they were nowhere near their original blueberry-full glory. I picked one up and took a bite out of it, but it tasted rather bland.

I wasn't ready to give up! So I decided to focus on a specific muffin and see if I could fix it. I concentrated as hard as I could on bringing the blueberries back to the muffin, and waved my hand across it. The blueberries returned!

Except... they were all stacked neatly on top of the muffin in a perfect little pyramid shape. What's more, only half the blueberries were blue. The rest faded into a white colour which didn't look appetising at all. I must say I was very impressed with the pyramid, though. It was very artfully constructed!

I decided to see what it tasted like, so I scooped up a handful of the blueberries, ruining the pyramid in the process, and ate them. Disappointingly, they tasted like white chocolate (I don't like white chocolate). I was still kicking myself for ruining a lovely batch of blueberry muffins that had been perfect to begin with.

And another good (and shorter) one is:
Quote:
At some point around here I realised I was being chased by two men. They wore really stupid shiny outfits that made them look, well, stupid. One was dressed in red and the other in black, and because of their shiny outfits, which included short pointy hats, they reminded me of nothing so much as bishop pieces from a chess game. After being chased by them for a while, I got the impression they were supposed to be ninjas of some type. They were very persistent.

chambered_nautilus
byline worm
Dream Deity
LD count: quite a few

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Hehe I like this topic! ^^ And now, of course, I have to rummage through my old DJs and stuff to find some things to post.

These are all really old, from the first part of my DJ:

Quote:
I go off down the hall, and suddenly come across an interesting person. It's my mom - but she's dressed in a long, fluffy, sparkly red-and-gold dress, and she's wearing a red-and-gold turban, and she has pointy wooden shoes painted red and gold. She's walking funny, shuffling along on the heels of her shoes. I laugh. "You look crazy!" I say, then go about my business.

...unrelated stuff happens...

I close my eyes and jump off the bed. I can feel myself going through something, which I assume is the ceiling. But then I stop, without my legs going through. "Something's wrong," I think, and open my eyes. I'm not in the ceiling at all - it seems that instead of flying, I only managed to make myself sink into the bed. And I'm all twisted and jumbled up - there's a leg sticking up out of the bed near my right ear. I wonder which leg it is. I wiggle my left foot, and the foot near my right ear wiggles. It must be that one.

Quote:
I notice that I'm near a stage, so I sit down in the audience, next to SY. The play starts. But it's extremely boring. A few minutes in I get so bored I just stand up and do the first thing I think of: I start singing 'Love is All You Need.' S joins in. Soon about half the audience is singing with me.

Quote:
I look at my face in the mirror. Eugh, my skin is all spotty and red. I mean, really spotty. Wait a sec... I take a closer look... yup, I definitely have little red price stickers all over my face.

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Quote:
I close my eyes and jump off the bed. I can feel myself going through something, which I assume is the ceiling. But then I stop, without my legs going through. "Something's wrong," I think, and open my eyes. I'm not in the ceiling at all - it seems that instead of flying, I only managed to make myself sink into the bed. And I'm all twisted and jumbled up - there's a leg sticking up out of the bed near my right ear. I wonder which leg it is. I wiggle my left foot, and the foot near my right ear wiggles. It must be that one.

I remember that one! Definitely one of the funniest dream moments I've ever read in my life. Heheheh... lach2

Eldwinn
Shaman of the Forest
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct, 2006  Reply with quote

i dreamed of a thousand people being killed by a giant squid, it was horrible!!!! why god WWHYY!!!!!!!!!!

WhiteWolf
4-star Gen. Obvious
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct, 2006  Reply with quote

Quote:
The president, who looked alot like Clinton, approched me. I said "this is wierd" the
president replied "what is wierd?" I walked over to the glass casing and
said "I think I am in a lucid dream Mr. president, but things are to
real to be lucid" the president said "I can assure you are not in a
dream Mr Klein"

DoH! Big dreamsign right there! Infront of me, Clinton wasnt a real president! duh! (lol)

DarkRaven
Mistress of Flames
Somniologist
DarkRaven has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Um, a lot.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct, 2006  Reply with quote

I've had a lot of weird LD moments but this happened just the other night....

I became lucid almost right away and looked at my hands, (I love looking at them because they're wacked out,) I had to concentrate very hard to see them without it being blurry. I looked at my fingers and counted them and there were about 4 too many so I started pushing the extra ones down and they just morphed into my hand. I thought that was pretty cool so I sat down and and pulled my pinky toe off. I then put it back on (just to make sure it would go back on, grin ) and it did so I proceded to rip the rest of the toes on my right foot off, *laughs* it's an odd feeling ripping your toes off. (I also tried to rip off my arm but I didn't have enough leverage to,) All of a sudden this guy starts going after me and my sister, (she was there, I summoned her to hold my toes and told her not to drop them, ) I tried to run but that's extremely difficult to do with no toes. We ran behind the Kwik-E-Mart from the Simpsons and I asked my sister for my toes back and she said she dropped one! "No big deal," I thought, "I'll just grow a new one, well that takes longer then you think and by that time the guy had caught up with us so I said "Screw this!" and I made my sister and the guy dissapear. I was thinking of stuff to do when I saw a piano, I wanted to see if dream pianos were as accurate as RL pianos so I sat downand started playing "The Phantom of the Opera" by ear, (I can't read music,) I screwed up a few keys on purpose to see if it sounded right or whatever I wanted to play just played because I simply wanted it to and it sounded the same as a real one. I got bored and wandered into an antique shop that had this big old mirror in it. The thought came to me of messing with my appearance so I stood in front of the mirror and made my hair floor length just for the heck of it but it was heavy so I made it about shoulder length and that actually looked good. I got tired of playing with my hair so I tried to think of what else I could mess with so I decided to try to make my teeth whiter. I would swipe my hand over my mouth and every time they would get a little whiter but then all of a sudden all of my teeth fell out! wow about 2 seconds later a whole new set came in but the thing was this happened every 5 minutes and it drove me crazy for the rest of the dream, but I had fun! lach2

donoteat
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Ran into a mirror, came right back out said mirror running the other way, crashed through the wall and fell three stories. Ouch.

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

Low Lucidity: quite a few lolz here

I decided that snow would taste like ice cream. It tasted like dirt lol...

I wanted to go to antartica (idk why) so i opened my bathroom door. Everything covered in ice..

and many more ^^

Spartan76092
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

I looked at my hands, and the my 5 fingers on both hands were bent back behind my hand, and it had boiling blisters on it.. clear blisters popping..kinda weird and gross

I tryed to make an nice, "edible" apple appear, and when I did, it was half rotten and bitten out of 4 times.. I spawned 2 more, samething ..

littlewitch
Sleepy Dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Big fat zilch

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Erm, I was in Thailand on the boat and I felt ill, I'd thrown up before I got on the boat (nothing to do with seasickness) and I was down below inside lying down. I dreamt I was back in England at school in RE and I asked my best friend which period we were in. I thought it was first and then I realised monday week 1, RE is always period 3. I realised I couldn't remember the plane trip home, and then someone threw up on me.
I then went, "Oh! I'm dreaming!", and woke up. That was my first ever dream.
wiske
Weird.

TwilightWolf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2007  Reply with quote

If you ever played dead rising you know how addictive and stupid it is.Well the first day i had an LD i had a deadrising LD.
In the end i was trapped in a corner my friends all zombified and had to throw very sharp pencils until i decided to rip off the leg of a metal desk lol.It was pointless but hillarious.In the end i tripped over my own feet like in real life lol into a locker and was captured.

print