Hypnosis and Lucid Dreaming

When I try hypnosis I notice a lot of people saying that once the hypnotist gets to one the time ‘just passes’ and they wake up, I’ve been working on trying to improve my induction for a good while and I still don’t know why I can’t just “go under” I just feel extremely relaxed but I’m not even sure if I’m getting hypnotized at all…I was wondering if some people who work with hypnosis on any level from beginner to advanced to describe what it feels like working with an audio file and what it ideally should feel like being hynotized if it’s at all possible to describe.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smile:

I dont do much hyponis cause i just screws up my DR. So i dont do it unless i am really desperate.

When it comes to hypnosis, there a couple things to consider.

One, not everybody can be hypnotized. Hypnosis does exist. It’s like programming the mind. Studies have been shown that not everybody can be hypnotized.

Also, make sure whoever is hypnotizing you is a professional; doctor approved would be best. A lot of businesses and private “professionals” out there will try to scam you or use the Placebo Effect on you.

Be careful with hypnosis. You can be hypnotized to do almost anything. Sometimes, hypnosis can work of certain things for certain people. Lucid Dreaming might be a little diffcult, but very possible for hypnosis. I, myself, prefer self hypnosis.

For some people, hypnosis work immediately, and for some others it may take weeks or months. Other patients may require repeated hypnosis or may need to be hypnotized at a different time.

Best advice I can give you is go to a Veteran’s Clinic nearby and ask a doctor of what they reccomend for a Hypnotist. Tell them you just have a phobia of something or whatever and they’ll refer you to a good professional.

Actualy everybody can be hypnotized, it is just that some people are very hard to hypnotize and most hypnotists can’t hypnotize them.
When you are hypnotized, you never loose control. The only way that a hypnotist can make you do something that you wouldn’t normaly do, is to create in your mind a siduation where you would do it. This is not easy and not many hypnotists can do it.
People who have high selfestem are easyer to hypnotize. People who are insecure are difficult to hypnotize.
If you are listening to a tape, or cd, you are doing self hypnosis. Self hypnosis is not difficult or dangerous. It can help you with lots of different things. How you experance the hypnosis depends on you, and what you want. It also depends on the induction that you use. If you want to forget what happens, then you can add statments like “you don’t have to pay attention to what I am saying” in the induction. I perosonaly never forget anything that happens while I am Hypnotized. I mostly do selfhypnosis, but have been hypnotized by a professional.
don

hey,whats Placebo Effect

Placebo Effect:
If you think it will work, then it will.
don

yea,i agree i do self hypnosis too and i think not believe effects a lot,cuz that helps ur sub-concious.

That feeling of time “just passing” could also be caused as a side effect of an innocent remark, like if the hypnotist says “When I snap my fingers you will awaken, and feel completely rested - as if you’ve just had a nice, long nap…” :sleeping: In any case, that feeling isn’t necessary for the effects. Relaxed and attentive is the way I’d describe it for me, though sometimes my mind will wander - like trying to pay attention to a really boring teacher.

I also agree with Don that everyone can be hypnotized - it’s just a matter of whether or not you allow yourself to be. I don’t agree with the “doctor approved” stuff, though… Hypnosis is really terribly simple - I don’t think it takes 8 years of medical school to do…

Wikipedia has some really good articles on Hypnosis and The History of Hypnosis. This Video is pretty interesting too…

My mums a hypnotherapist.

first of all ANYONE can be hyptnotised. It’s just that some people respond differently to certain things.

some people think more from a visual, audio, of or feeling perspective.

Thestudies that show that not everyone can be hypnotised are false. WHY? because they used the same induction method on an entire group. so naturally there would be some people who wouldn’t be a suggestable to ONE type of induction.

cn_12 - please describe, to me in good detail, what makes you relaxed? I’m making another induction soon and I’ll incorporate some patterns just for you. just answer my question please.