EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

First Steps to MILD (for all basic MILD related Q&A)

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
cordero619
New member
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 24 Apr 2008
 
PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Thanks for your help

back to top
Chuckiferd
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 171
Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Last Visit: 23 Jun 2008
Location: USA
 
PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

I have been trying MILD after three months of unsuccessful attempts at WILD. So when i try to tell myself to have an LD I end up counting my breaths. So can anyone give me help because I end up not meaning what I am imagining

back to top
25
Posts: 144
Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 20 Sep 2008
LD count: 15
Location: i live in my own world
 
are getting lds easy
PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

im afraid it is going to take me until im like 30 till i get one i used to do it all the time when i was little but now im mature and im afraid it will be hard to do im kinda slow when it comes to getting things and horrible when it comes to mastering it do u think it will be really hard for me

back to top
kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 2252
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Last Visit: 05 Oct 2008
Location: United States
 
Re: are getting lds easy
PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

padfootandprongs123 wrote:
i do u think it will be really hard for me


I don't think that it'll be hard for you. This technique is quite simple and easy actually. You just have to be tired for this one.


back to top
Borbus
New member
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 30 Mar 2008
LD count: Over 20
 
PostPosted: Thu 10 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I think MILD works for me in the long run, but doesn't necessarily work if I try it that night. I sort of know that I should become lucid when I go to sleep now even if I don't actually repeats a mnemonic thing in my head. When I actually do repeat it in my head I often find my thoughts have wandered and I'm not doing it any more, I guess that's just normal falling asleep though.

back to top
Magicpotion
2 stars... yay!
Lucid Initiate
32
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 29 Dec 2014
LD count: 5
Location: Germany
 
PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I'll have to try mild, it sounds interesting ^^ smile

back to top
hs123
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
Posts: 19
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 01 Oct 2009
 
PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I dont really think in words, and it feels strange when I amke my slef do so for such a wierd amount of time. I ahve very little experience with this, but I had a dild or whatever the other day, and I tried doing it artificially, by saying the words, but I dont think its really necessary. though I could be wrong.

back to top
MaximumLD
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 211
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 14 Sep 2008
 
PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

hs123 wrote:
I dont really think in words, and it feels strange when I amke my slef do so for such a wierd amount of time. I ahve very little experience with this, but I had a dild or whatever the other day, and I tried doing it artificially, by saying the words, but I dont think its really necessary. though I could be wrong.


Well, as for saying the words in your mind, it helps you to remember it in the dream. Your subconcious might pick it up at somewhere. (I think) For myself it helps a lot. But I think motivation and "knowing it will happen" are the key aspects of DILD.


back to top
SouthernbotV
New member
New member
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 16 Feb 2008
LD count: 4
 
PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

I started a couple of weeks ago and since then I've only had success about 4 times. I remember my dreams most of the time now. Better than I did before. I do RC's during the day. I repeat sentences over in my head at night before I go to sleep. I say them with meaning too. But I've never become lucid in my last REM cycle. I was wondering if anyone just had any ideas.

back to top
jacobmatias
New member
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Last Visit: 29 Feb 2008
 
question about SP
PostPosted: Fri 29 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it's possible to get SP using MILD, how common it is, and how bad it is? Since wanting to try Lucid Dreaming, I have been too scared to try it because of SP. MILD seems the safest method for avoiding SP but I just wanted to make sure. Also, does anyone know if using an alarm to wake up would instantly stop or prevent SP?

Thanks


back to top
asclepius
Awakening
Dream Deity
Posts: 587
Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Last Visit: 13 Jun 2017
LD count: 263
Location: Toronto
 
Re: question about SP
PostPosted: Sun 02 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

jacobmatias wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to get SP using MILD, how common it is, and how bad it is? Since wanting to try Lucid Dreaming, I have been too scared to try it because of SP. MILD seems the safest method for avoiding SP but I just wanted to make sure. Also, does anyone know if using an alarm to wake up would instantly stop or prevent SP?


SP is a natural phenomenon that happens every night when you sleep. Its what stops your body from moving when you dream. There is nothing to fear.

Techniques like WILD where you try to stay awake during the transition may give you more opportunity to consciously experience SP.

MILD has no relationship to SP.



Current LD goal(s): ability to WILD
back to top
Revolve
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
Posts: 23
Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2013
LD count: 2
Location: Earth
 
PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

Can you do MILD at regular bedtime or do you have to wake up in the middle of the night and then do it?

back to top
MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
26
Posts: 1166
Joined: 09 May 2007
Last Visit: 10 May 2014
LD count: Lost count..
Location: London
 
PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

Revolve wrote:
Can you do MILD at regular bedtime or do you have to wake up in the middle of the night and then do it?

You don't have to, but it helps greatly, but you can use a previous dream which you recall well.
You are supposed to wake up from a dream, and then use that dream to kind of get in to it again, but if you have another dream which you can recall well (What it felt like being in that dream, the tastes, the sounds and the smells), then you can use that too.


back to top
kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 2252
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Last Visit: 05 Oct 2008
Location: United States
 
PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

I'm going to concentrate on MILD in April. I'll report back every now and then if I get successful or not.

back to top
Radioactive_Man
New member
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere Where I Don't Know Where I Am
 
Re: question about SP
PostPosted: Thu 03 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

asclepius wrote:
jacobmatias wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to get SP using MILD, how common it is, and how bad it is? Since wanting to try Lucid Dreaming, I have been too scared to try it because of SP. MILD seems the safest method for avoiding SP but I just wanted to make sure. Also, does anyone know if using an alarm to wake up would instantly stop or prevent SP?


SP is a natural phenomenon that happens every night when you sleep. Its what stops your body from moving when you dream. There is nothing to fear.

Techniques like WILD where you try to stay awake during the transition may give you more opportunity to consciously experience SP.

MILD has no relationship to SP.


Exactly. A successful MILD would have you asleep and in 'dreamstate' before you realise you are; and then the goal is exactly that: to realise you are. If you experience SP while trying MILD, then your MILD attempt has simply evolved into a possible WILD; and if so, keep at it, once you've reached SP, lucid dreaming is merely a stepping stone away.


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~