EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

First Steps to MILD (for all basic MILD related Q&A)

Author  Message 
eltane
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 8

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

I'll be trying the mantra "Next time i am dreaming, i will remember to recognize that i am dreaming" and see how this works out ^^

Current LD goal(s): at least 1 LD per week
Deus 11

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jul, 2011  Reply with quote

It is a bit hard sometimes, because I can't go back to sleep even when I am in bed.

Current LD goal(s): Just start dreaming.
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jul, 2011  Reply with quote

Deus 11: I'm going to guess that you are doing it with WBTB. Try to adjust the amount of time you stay out of bed, or if you're not getting out of bed at all and still can't sleep, adjust the amount of time before you try to wake up.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Chaotic
Do a Reality Check!
Novice dreamer
LD count: Sadly, None

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2012  Reply with quote

So all I do, is repeat a mantra inside my head (Such as, "I will have a lucid dream") over and over in my head, and focus on the words until I fall asleep?

Current LD goal(s): Get my first LD
Mr18111
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2012  Reply with quote

Chaotic wrote:
So all I do, is repeat a mantra inside my head (Such as, "I will have a lucid dream") over and over in my head, and focus on the words until I fall asleep?

Focus on the meaning of the mantra and try to visualize your intention to become lucid. Do this until you feel the intention is set where you can then just fall asleep normally or continue to do this until you fall asleep. Just do not keep yourself awake with this if it's been 89 minutes it would be wise to just fall asleep normally. smile hope this helps alittle

AJ
.:Destined Dreamer:.
Astral Explorer
LD count: .20-30+

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2012  Reply with quote

Chaotic wrote:

Well, you might want to put more thought into it. Believe it, and while saying it over and over in your head, think of your dream sign and then think of your dream sign appearing in your head and you becoming lucid off of it. Imagine a dream scene and become lucid, whether reality checks, random awareness because of strange occurrences, or your DS. It's always good to make sure you don't just say words that you don't mean. And with that, I think that you'd have success.
Also, it helps not to use the word lucid. Say something like, "I will become aware that I am dreaming when I am dreaming" because it helps to actually make your mind know what you're talking about. smile Good luck

Current LD goal(s): Meet my Spirit Guide
Frying-man
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Thu 29 Aug, 2013  Reply with quote

asclepius wrote:
I think too often MILD is confused with autosuggestion.

Autosuggestion is one dimensional - you repeat to yourself a phrase such as "tonight I will have a lucid dream".

MILD is multidimensional it includes:

Yes, this is important to remember (haha): LaBerge in his personal training noted a very small number of autosuggestion LDs (1 to 13 a month, but only after 1.5 years of trying, and the 13 was with strong motivation of a looming personal deadline), but a quite large number of LDs due to MILD [which by the way is his invention] (22+ per month, multiple per night, eventually upon demand).

He also notes that a good prospective memory is a prerequisite of MILD working well: you have to know that you can set yourself an associative reminder to do something in the future and successfully carry it out.

MILD is not alone in the LaBerge system, it also includes goal setting and goal re-evaluation, which is a proven successful psychological training technique. ETWOLD has all the details, I highly recommend it.

Current LD goal(s): Increase LD frequency

print