print ShareShare 

Insomnia - Can't sleep! Part II

Page 8 of 9Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Author  Message 
quadhero
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I've stumbled upon the perfect cure for insomnia......start a fight club!!

Union7
Music Obsessed.
Lucid Initiate
LD count: A lot

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul, 2009  Reply with quote

Thank you for the link to that video, Kava. It helped me sleep.

susuru

PostPosted: Sun 23 Aug, 2009  Reply with quote

It was happening to me after looong working in front computer, but when I started going out more, everything went back to normal.

Gothic Fighter
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: ~20

PostPosted: Sat 26 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

I have some minor problems while falling asleep. I simply can't find my place in the bed. I start moving around to get comfortable. Because of this I can't WILD. And it also takes me a while to get back to sleep if I wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning.

Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 26 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

I often have the exact same problem. I usually take a while to fall asleep. HOW do you wake up at night for WILD? I don't use an alarm clock. I program myself to awaken at a certain time (though usually I'll wake up on my own after every dream period). Usually if you wake up of your own accord your sleep rhythm doesn't get disrupted as much as it would have, had you used an alarm clock.

As for finding a place in the bed. What helps is if I just try to WILD in the position I just woke up in. That's usually comfortable. Other than that, I really have no idea.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
Gothic Fighter
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: ~20

PostPosted: Sat 03 Oct, 2009  Reply with quote

I'm not using an alarm clock. I usually wake up after every dream too(I set my intention)

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 10.oct

PostPosted: Thu 13 May, 2010  Reply with quote

It has been hard to sleep the last few days. I have tried hot tea, a warm shower before sleep, foot baths, melatonin, taking walks in the day, blocking out light from the bedroom...and i just can't sleep. I start drifting away and get those random thoughts that marks the beginning of sleep, then i have to move, and i am wide awake again! I have had 2-3 hours of sleep, in the late morning, for the last 4 days. It is getting annoying.

Could it be that it can be fixed with a change in eating habits? Maybe if i eat more carbohydrate rich food in the morning, and more protein rich food in the evening? It feels like my mind and body just refuses to shut down.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

Ive noticed I have a very hard time to sleep these days cry I just feel that I want to be outside, even in nighttime. It felt like eternities before I fell asleep yesterday angry

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
dreamhigh

Ganimedev wrote:
Normally, when I sleep in my bedroom it takes me about 2 hrs to fall asleep but as soon as I change environment (i.e. sleep on couch, in a hotel, at a friend's place) it cuts it down to about 10min.

Does anyone else get this? Any ideas why?

Yes this happens to me. I'll even just change positions on my bed and put my head where my feet normally would be. Don't know why altering my usual sleeping position/location helps but it does... It's also really easy for me to fall asleep on my desk at school ....zzzzzzzzz

iammoto
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4;∞

Running
PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

That's right folks,the reason you aren't getting sleep is because you are not exercising enough. Go for a 30 minute run, afterward's stretch a lot, drink a shitton of water, go pee, do NOT watch any TV all day(very important). And go to sleep, however, have a night light on, otherwise you'll be so deep in sleep you won't wake up to record your dreams. Hope this helps all of you guys. Namaste

KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity
KauaiDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 43

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

I am starting to wonder if my ego might have something to do with me not falling asleep easily anymore. Before I started Lucid Dreaming I never had trouble falling asleep! All it took was for my head to touch the pillow and I was gone! Now I make affirmations that I will be lucid and make plans about what is is I will do once I am lucid. I close my eyes,.....................and can't sleep, am wide awake. I was actually up till 5:30 last night, so I had about 3 hours of sleep. So I was thinking maybe part of me doesn't want to fall asleep and lucid dream, I have not a clue as to which part of me, seeing I really love and want to lucid dream as much as I can.

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: count++;

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

KauaiDreamer wrote:
Now I make affirmations that I will be lucid and make plans about what is is I will do once I am lucid. I close my eyes,.....................and can't sleep, am wide awake.

It sounds to me not like part of you doesn't want to fall asleep/LD, but more like you're too excited. Like a little kid trying to sleep the night before going to Disney World or something. I say little kid, but really I'd probably be up all night, too, thinking about Disney lachgroen

My advice: relax and let it come to you rather than chasing it down so hard. Maybe even try NOT doing so much preparation right before bed one night. Try not to think about it. Mind you, don't NOT think about it so hard that you keep yourself up trying NOT to think about it
After all, dreams are all in the subtle subconscious, not the over-active mind.

Current LD goal(s): Have a game of nighttime-daytime.
Don Anonymus
Novice dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: Not specified

Insomnia tips
PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

Lately everyone has problems with falling asleep, as far as I can see. Even myself. Last night I stayed awake untill 1 AM overspannen ! But I think I know what my problem is. The last week I didn't go for a jog in the morning nor in the evening.

I have some tips for people who desperatly try to fall asleep, which may help you. I took them out of personal experiences kiekeboe .

What is the sleeping state ? - if interested, click the spoiler below, even thaught we all know that.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Sport or exhausting activites is the answer, to eliminate the toxins in your body through sweating and to "consume" the energy your body has.
Now, imagine a laptop with full battery. The laptop is on stand by. If you don't open that laptop and use most of the battery power it has, it will never use that whole energy by itself. While on stand by it still uses some energy but veery little energy.

Now you are the laptop. If you want a good night sleep, eliminate the energy during the day. Sitting in your office and doing paper work means you are on stand by - you don't use much energy. Now, go out, play some tennis, go for a jog or simply run amok in your garden, jump, klimb trees - do something grin .
You should feel tired. But don't get fooled by that. The body recoveres really fast from such an activity. Rest 10 minutes and do that again. Rest another 10 minutes and do it again. Now you are really tired.

Now wait for night and go to sleep. IF that doesn't work so well lay down on the hard floor for 15 minutes without moving. You'll hurt yourself a bit, but once you are in bed, and with all the activities you have done during the day, you should have no probs with going to sleep.

This worked for me. Some relaxing music can't hurt - just make sure it is quiet and peacefully. Remember - all bodies are different form each other - some eliminate this energy faster some do that slower.

You know why there is this advice to not eat before going to sleep ? Because food is energy. Your body needs food and water to produce energy. Like the laptop - if you used all energy and you are preparing to shut down - don't plug it in, because if you do you consumed all the energy for nothing. wink5

Have fun and I wish you a good night sleep ^^ !

KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me, when I'm utterly worn out I literally sleep like a log with absolutely no dream recall whatsoever. My day is always busy, so I am physically tired when I go to bed. It's not my body that can't sleep, cause I do enter some sort of sleep paralysis, it's my mind that doesn't. I wished the dreaming state would come while laying there trying for my mind to fall asleep, but nope, nothing, not even images.

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

AAHHHH!! Another sleepless night! sadblauw Was up until 4 AM, finally went into the living room and crashed on the couch. Half hour later the roosters started waking me up. I think I slept all of 2 hrs (interrupted). Kinda hard to become lucid this way sadblauw

Page 8 of 9Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

print   ShareShare