Interview!
print ShareShare 

Temporary forum opened - forum now unlocked

Page 1 of 4Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author  Message 
Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

Temporary forum opened - forum now unlocked
PostPosted: Sat 03 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

[edit]update:

Hi,

It's unclear when I will be able to move, I'm still hunting for hosts.

So I have unlocked all forums now so you can post normally again.

This forum will stay - I will make a backup of it when I move and take this to the new server.

However I urge you to keep a backup of anything you post and want to save (dreamjournal posts for example) so you are sure you will never lose this.

So, we are still on a temp server waiting to move. The lifeboat will stay for as long all the posts have been moved to the appropriate subforums.
[/edit]

Hi everybody,

As you might have noticed, LD4all was down for a couple of days.

The datacenter where LD4all's server is located has problems. They are working to restore the connection. This can take some days.

In the mean time LD4all is on a temporary server until the real server is back up. This means this is a temporary forum. Everything you post here will be lost when the connection to the server is restored. That's why all the forums are read only, exept the Lifeboat forum, the playground, and the testing forum. Wolfgame is also left open in case the current players want to finish their game. Unfortunately this is the most recent backup I had of the forum, so that means 2 weeks of posts are los

t. Do not worry, they are all there on the server, but inaccessible at the moment.

please also note everybody who registered after 8 february has to make a new account. All PM's sent after 8 february are also not here, and all PM's sent through this forum will also have disappeared when we move back to the original server.

Thank you for your patience. I will keep everybody informed in this topic.

Last edited by Qu on Thu 15 Mar, 2007; edited 3 times in total
mafiaboss

PostPosted: Sun 04 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

I wonder what could be so wrong

NoctisLabyrinthus
Somniologist
Somniologist

mafiaboss wrote:
I wonder what could be so wrong

Exactly. Hosting site that would be without connectivity for so long would be out of business.

-NL

MyrTheSeeker
Creation Intern
Somniologist
LD count: 9 LDs so far!

I imagine they have a lot of servers, and LD4all happens to be stuck on one with low priority. They are probably still making plenty of cash off of other larger clients on working servers...

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Chat Mods
Scribes

it's not the host, it's the datacenter. My host is more than friendly as he can't do anything about it either, he has given me a free temp account and i got a complete refund. The problem is that my backup is also with my host and he can't access it either because he has his server at the same datacenter.

would I move hosts, then this forum would become the permanent forum. (2 weeks back in time).

This is the story:
Quote:

Level3 has shut off their line due to a resellers constant violations of their AUP. Both of their lines were thru Level3 and have been since Level3 bought out their other provider, Telcove. The datacenter has terminated all servers by this reseller and has 2 other providers that will be connecting their networks to their facility starting tomorrow. They said they might have some servers going online starting Monday, but it could take longer and they expect to have everyone up by the end of next week.

That should have been today. But it took longer than that, and the latest update is that:

Quote:

Backups and servers will be online at the end of the week beginning March 5th. This is one week over what they initial told us (Which was servers would be ready by the end of the current week) and we will try to find our more information on why they have extended the time.

Moving hosts is easier said than done. For one, i can't access the most recent backup of the forum. If I could, then that means the datacenter is back online, which means I also have access again to the LD4all server so moving isn't necessary anymore.

So i'm waiting it out a bit more. I have shopped around for other hosts, and found that if i want the same deal elsewhere (same server specifications) i will be paying double of what i'm paying now. So for the same amount i could go with a slower server but i have no idea how that would work out.

Erhu' Xerse
Your Butter
Somniologist

That does not sound good to me. Its not the end though...

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Chat Mods
Scribes

new member signing up on this forum:

please note that you will have to sign up again when we move back to the LD4all server. Everything done on this forum, including creating an account, will be lost when we move back.

Felipe Gall
Endeavor
Lucid Initiate

OK, so what we posted after this backup is still in the servers right? My whole dream journal is there, I started it recently... sadblauw

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Chat Mods
Scribes

yes all data is still intact on the server, including your DJ, it's only inaccessible at the moment.

Felipe Gall
Endeavor
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

Glad to hear that, you rock Q! By the way, just noticed you're a women. lol It's just that "Pasquale" is a male name here in Brazil and I never really noticed the under your name. Anyway, thanks for the good news. smile

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

Felipe Gall wrote:
Glad to hear that, you rock Q! By the way, just noticed you're a women. lol It's just that "Pasquale" is a male name here in Brazil and I never really noticed the under your name. Anyway, thanks for the good news. smile

I think it works for both genders, but I get the gist that I know who you're talking about. *shivers* And I hate him nuu

Evilman

I hope this forum dont get 100% down once again, i just got here. Anyway, good this opened...

Pokle
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Thanks pasQuale - really appreciate all your help sorting this out and keeping us informed smile I was really upset when I couldn't log back on and wondered what had gone wrong.

Thanks,
Pokle smile

TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover
TimeLess has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds

PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

ummmm Felipe Gall i just noticed something under your name... something that is very much like my name.... ^^

Current LD goal(s): regain my nightly and focus on astral
Slinking_Ferret
eh lef THER ee oss
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

*Slinking_Ferret must resist the urge to steal that image for his own

So..Perfect!

*Slinking_Ferret eats IE with Firefox

But people forget the poor Iceweasel! Firefox's unofficial cousin who is like Firefox for Linux.

*Slinking_Ferret charges for Iceweasel avatars as well

Question : Will our post count move to the new forum? I don't think it will.

Page 1 of 4Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

print   ShareShare