EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

WILD: sound technique - has anyone successfully used this?

Author  Message 
jburrowes
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 50 to 100?

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011  Reply with quote

I've noticed that when I eat ice cream or too much Starbucks whipped cream my ears ring more. That's the only way I eat dairy btw. That and cheese on the odd burger.

JB

Current LD goal(s): To complete the Gates of Dreaming as described by Carlos Castaneda.

Last edited by jburrowes on Thu 04 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist
LD count: LD at Will

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

jburrowes wrote:
I've noticed that when I eat ice cream or too much Starbucks whipped cream my ears ring more. That's the only way I eat dairy btw. That and cheese on the odd burger.

JB

Dont do it this way. Better concentrate in silence and carefully listen.... Your diet seems a bit...unhealthy. There are claims that say that food affects dreams...

Current LD goal(s): Mutual Dreaming
Limitles
Without Limits
Astral Explorer
LD count: 38ish

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Then how come sometimes randomly when its not necissarily quiet, you suddenly hear the ringing very loud? like completly out of the blue---

Current LD goal(s): shared dream, spend a week surviving in the wilderness, FLY!@!@
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Limitles wrote:
Then how come sometimes randomly when its not necissarily quiet, you suddenly hear the ringing very loud? like completly out of the blue---

That does not happen to me and if it causes you pain or bothers you lot, then its not natural and you should go to doctor.

I dont think that what i have is disease or "tinnitus". I have it since birth.
I can hear it even in daily life, in my case all i have to do is a little concentration. As i said for me its like breathing - i notice it only when i get aware of it.

And the author of technique has explanations that claims that its brain signals altering consciousness to dream or something like that.

Jexius
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: God knows

BeRightBack wrote:
Stupid topic...I wasn't conscious of the annoying ringing sound in my ears till I read this topic. It's like being told that the next time you swallow you'll hear a popping sound. overspannen

BTW, I didn't even know what tinnitus was nor did I know that not everyone else hears this sound in their ears. One moment you're healthy, the next moment you suddenly have a 'condition', arghhh.

Same, and you just made it worse! cry

Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

My technique here:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Mon 29 Aug, 2011; edited 5 times in total
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Jexius wrote:
BeRightBack wrote:
Stupid topic...I wasn't conscious of the annoying ringing sound in my ears till I read this topic. It's like being told that the next time you swallow you'll hear a popping sound. overspannen

BTW, I didn't even know what tinnitus was nor did I know that not everyone else hears this sound in their ears. One moment you're healthy, the next moment you suddenly have a 'condition', arghhh.

Same, and you just made it worse! cry

IT IS NOT CONDITION. Be calm. ^^

Limitles
Without Limits
Astral Explorer
LD count: 38ish

cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Limitles wrote:

That does not happen to me and if it causes you pain or bothers you lot, then its not natural and you should go to doctor.

no i hear it like that maybe once a month for a span of about 10 seconds - and its comepletely random i never listen to really loud music soo idk....

Current LD goal(s): shared dream, spend a week surviving in the wilderness, FLY!@!@
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

Limitles wrote:
no i hear it like that maybe once a month for a span of about 10 seconds - and its comepletely random i never listen to really loud music soo idk....

This too sometimes happen to me, but thats not that sound...or it wont help even if it is, because its beyond your will...if you want to hear it, do whats recommended ^^

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Fri 12 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total
CRW
Natural
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

The "Listening In" technique is a bit tricky if you haven't experienced the sound before. My advice is to listen for the sound and tune into it, rather than try to create the sound. When the crazy vibrations start to kick in and the sound gets more and more intense, you know you've tuned into the right sound and you're about to enter the dream world :D

Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

CRW wrote:
The "Listening In" technique is a bit tricky if you haven't experienced the sound before. My advice is to listen for the sound and tune into it, rather than try to create the sound. When the crazy vibrations start to kick in and the sound gets more and more intense, you know you've tuned into the right sound and you're about to enter the dream world :D

Nobody said you should "create" the sound.
You use the technique? Easy isn't it? ^^ I love it. I learned to have LD at will by this...

CRW
Natural
Lucid Initiate

cheerfuldreamer wrote:
CRW wrote:

Nobody said you should "create" the sound.
You use the technique? Easy isn't it? ^^ I love it. I learned to have LD at will by this...

Same, it's my favourite way. I've actually had WILD's that way when i was home sick, before I even knew what lucid dreaming meant, it's that easy :D
I said not to create the sound because I used to make that mistake of doing that and it would just keep me awake tounge1

gamblino100
Somniologist
Somniologist
gamblino100 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 12

i have noticed this noise before it has happened on occasion in wakeing life butni never realised it is always there. I might have to give it a go doing WBTB. I have only had 3 LD s and two of them I purdy sure I went straight into doing MILD but I seem to wake very quickly doing this grrr . Hard to really say I know, because I have only done this twice but that was my experience both times. maybe my body was still too awake or something I dont know.

Current LD goal(s): get onto the USS Enterprise
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

gamblino100 wrote:
i have noticed this noise before it has happened on occasion in wakeing life butni never realised it is always there. I might have to give it a go doing WBTB. I have only had 3 LD s and two of them I purdy sure I went straight into doing MILD but I seem to wake very quickly doing this grrr . Hard to really say I know, because I have only done this twice but that was my experience both times. maybe my body was still too awake or something I dont know.

Yes definitely give it a try ^^ . WBTB is not neccesary, use it only if you are tired and likely to fall asleep fast.

Matteo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 0 :[

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

I can't hear anything?

Current LD goal(s): 1st LD

print