EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

123 yrs

Author  Message 
Lucidrivet

123 yrs
PostPosted: Wed 04 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Im pretty sure it is possible to have a 123 year dream that lasted 2 hours in reality,time is not a real thing its just an illusion,you could fit 1000000000 years into a micro-second or a microsecond into 1000000000 years...There is only one moment,that is now.
open yr mind ladies and gentlemen,
your *** will follow.

Ive had experiences in this reality that went for a night but to me
It felt like a lifetime.

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

This can happen. Because time was something created by humans. So we can change it, and manipulate it in lucid land.

Orange Element
Dreamland War Hawk
Somniologist

You mean you spent a lifetime in a dream and then went on living your WL just as you were before the dream? Didn't 123 years of ultimate power get to your head? The theory is, if you were to live that long in a (lucid) dream, you would be extremely traumatized upon returning to your normal life.

And I don't know if a two-hour dream is possible.

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Writerscube lasted a whole week in his dream! It was cool, but I get what you mean Orange Element. It would be weird, wouldn't it. But maybe you don't freak out because you know it's not real.

Hotrootsoup
Young Hippie
Somniologist
LD count: 6

Jeez, i week? I only lasted 30 seconds.

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

Possible: yes, i'm pretty sure

Probable: no, not unless you get really good at time extension/ get uber lucky (or unlucky?)

WritersCube
OneiroTron 24.7
cookie lover

As far as I can tell, from experience, as long as you remain aware that you are in a dream--and that it's only a dream, then you can remain down-to-earth enough to not go mad or crazy or insane or have your brain explode or turned into a scone-on-a-plate-with-tea-and-sugar... and an Englishman sitting across from your brain-now-scone laughing at you saying "I say, my dear chap, you've turned out to be a rather delightful but silly thing, yes? Ha ha haaaa. Ah, I say I'm getting hungry..."
Ahem, yes... well forget the scone part.
But then again, I'm speaking from a record of 8-days dreamtime as my current limit.
Compared to a 123 YEARS... now that's... well a big difference.
Hmm... well for one... you'd sure have a lot more to write about when you log back onto LD4All tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Extended LD of 4-Months Dream Time... when I'm crazy enough to try it LOL
jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

well it'd be good.

Raethin24
J. D. Dyer
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

i mean your brain can process a lot of data in a split second

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

Traumatised? Why? You've had 123 years to prepare for the moment when you wake up. If you were completely unaware you were dreaming I'd be a mindjob, sure. Traumatising, I wounldn't ASSUME so.
You may liken it to learning about lucid dreaming when in your entire life you haven't remembered a single dream. You know they exist, like you'd know real life exists in a 123year dream. Then you suddenly have a lucid dream. It may be confusing even though you know what is happening. It may be scary until you realise it's an irrational fear. It may even change the way you view the world.
If you wake up from that long dream, you could be unprepared for the unbridled stability and inability to change things at will. But that would only be because of your own stupidity. But really I think you'd be more likely to be blown away with how DREAMLIKE the real world is, just like you are blown away by how LIFELIKE the dream world is when LDing. Still knowing it's all "a real" and you can go back to your own dreamworld in a few hours for another 123 years.

WritersCube
OneiroTron 24.7
cookie lover

Of course tounge2 I didn't mean it to sound like it was impossible. After all, it was because I believed in a book about a man's account of a 1000 year dream while in a 3-year coma, that I even thought of pursuing the chance of living in a dream for just a week.

What I meant to say was that I, personally, am far too inexperienced to reach such a length of dreamtime and am skeptical about whether I may ever reach a year in dreamtime because heck, my DreamClock's going to need some reworking to deal with that much dreamtime hahaha. But I'm guessing there must be someone somewhere who can do this tounge2 a lot better than I, because I'm verrrry far from 1000 years dreamtime, or even 123 years dreamtime. And that means, relatively speaking, I'm an uber-newbie at hyper-extension of dreams tounge2

Edit: I confess though, I would enjoy having a 123-year-dreamtime LD. Hahaha, it'd be so much to write when I log back on, but I'd make sure that I wrote down every detail... hehe I'd probably have 123 Dream Diaries, each telling of each dream year tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Extended LD of 4-Months Dream Time... when I'm crazy enough to try it LOL

Last edited by WritersCube on Thu 05 Apr, 2007; edited 1 time in total
jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

the only reason not many people can do it is because they think it's hard. And it isn't hard. Neither's lucid dreaming, it's just we all get it hardwired into our minds that lucid dreaming is hard. It isn't.

WritersCube
OneiroTron 24.7
cookie lover

Too bad schools don't teach us about lucid dreaming tounge2 I'm sure we'd all be better at it if there was an actual class for it--not to mention that more would be aware of lucid dreaming.
But alas sadblauw we aren't so fortunate and a lot of dreamers go without remembering their dreams (like one of my friends living around New York)

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

That would be cool

But i don't know, most people not knowing about LDing makes it more awesome

Like a hidden secret of the Gods kiekeboe

yus_yus_13
Shitake Mushroom
Novice dreamer

hmm, very interesting, Lucidrivet. Perhaps when I can finally lucid dream I shall practice this... siiw

print