Rainbow Connection

I got hurt phycically in my dream

Author  Message 
Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Mon 30 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Eonnn wrote:
LOL I was fighting in my dream once and the moment I went to punch someone I woke up and punched the wall really hard... it hurt sadblauw

Hurt did it? I did the same thing, only I was head-butting not punching. Mild concussion anyone?

I've had dreams where I have been running or something and woke up with pains like I really have been running.

Ghost pains are the worst sometimes, I get wasp dreams and they sting me which wakes me up and for up to 5minutes afterwards I can still feel the sting. Quite annoying.

Eldwinn
Shaman of the Forest
Astral Explorer

Re: I got hurt phycically in my dream

Faisal_Fury786 wrote:
Wow I haven't been here in awhile...anyway this did happen when I was like 6.

I understand how and why you can feel pain when you're dreaming (more of a nightmare actually...) but the thing is, I was very sore and weak when I woke up. I've been wondering about this for years.
the same thing happened to me when i was 6, i dreamed my dog bit me and i woke up and my arm was really sore

Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 1000+

TwilightWolf
Same here buddy sadblauw
shot, stabbed, cut, crushed, beaten, bitten.. i could be here all day. I've probably died at least 10 times now...
Even if i'm lucid it still hurts sometimes, but i still stand with my statement that when your lucid if you are scared of it then it will hurt, otherwise it won't.

Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
Bleh
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Most of the time if you realize your dreaming dying in a dream will do nothing but maybe wake you up, or maybe continue the dream to heaven or hell or somthing like that. but on the other hand if you dont know your dreaming and you die you could go into shock and then maybe die for real.

SRV
Somniologist
Somniologist

No no no no, impossible to die in dreams !!!!
What are you talking about ? lol.
Your subconscious won't kill you, it's silly.

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity
Dream Dragon has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Approx 30+

hehe, true... should check your spelling it's good practise (lol jk, practice tounge2)

I've never been hurt from a dream before, never felt any pain from it... i'm glad of that too. It's most important though to realize you are in control of yourself. If you understand this fully you cannot harm yourself because you won't allow it. However it is still possible to trick yourself into it by thinking negative thoughts.

And on the topic of dying in a dream causing death IRL - well I don't know for sure but heck who does... i'd rather not take any risks. It seems to me that its likely you could damage your brain, possible enough for death to occur. People die in their sleep all the time - sometimes for no apparent reason.

The HB
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
LD count: 11

I can feel pain in my dreams. I remember once in a dream I had, where I was lucid and sleeping very lightly, I had cut my arm, and in real life i could feel my arm getting cut, and my body contort with the pain.

Also, it can happen to me with good things, too. One time i got kissed by a girl in a dream, i woke up, and I could still taste her breath for about 10 minutes.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 1000+

HebrewB wrote:

Also, it can happen to me with good things, too. One time i got kissed by a girl in a dream, i woke up, and I could still taste her breath for about 10 minutes.

Yeah thats like this one time I had sex and when I woke up the sheets were umm err... sticky grin1

Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
CCHawk
The Brain Police
Astral Explorer

My thoughts...
PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2007  Reply with quote

The most intense dream death I've had was being shot a few times in the stomach, being left to die. I coughed up blood and felt the pain, and after a few last thoughts about my family and friends I died. I woke up directly after however, not feeling the pain anymore.

Maybe when you get these bee sting dreams you really were bit by a spider, I've had it happen to me. Woke up with an obvious bite after dreaming I was pricked by something.

Sherlockin
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Oooh, well i don't want to get hurt sadblauw

Current LD goal(s): Create LD bucket list
secretsquirrel
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Fri 11 May, 2007  Reply with quote

if you watch HOUSE (television show) you'll know your brain controls your body. If your unconscious brain thinks a part of your body is in pain that part of your body will be in pain.

pwhite0322

PostPosted: Tue 22 May, 2007  Reply with quote

yea one time i dreamnt that i shot everyone in my family at my house...i dont know why...theni turned the gun on myself and shot myself right in the heart. i felt my self breathing heavy..then i couold feel my last breathe in the dream then wke up. and the place where i shot myself hurt really bad and there was a bruise there

Graech
Philosophic Dreamer
Somniologist
Scribes

When I was young I used to frequently punch myself or yell extremely loudly if I realized I was dreaming in a nightmare, I would then either wake up screaming or with some part of me sore because I punched it.

Wissam
Change is good
Dream Deity

secretsquirrel wrote:
if you watch HOUSE (television show) you'll know your brain controls your body. If your unconscious brain thinks a part of your body is in pain that part of your body will be in pain.

It could be vice versa. How do you know your brain makes the pain? What if you slept in a position that slowly hurt part of your body. That pain, is then added in the dream by your brain.

print