EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Question for you who already can become lucid.

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
TheMessengerer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
30
Posts: 39
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2011
Location: Canada
 
Question for you who already can become lucid.
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

I have a question for those of you who can become lucid.

Can you have a lucid dream whenever you want? Or do you only have a LD once in a while, even if you've learn it.

I mean if I learn it, can I do it every night, or do I have to struggle everytime I want one?


back to top
Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
30
Scribes
Posts: 2124
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Last Visit: 14 Apr 2019
LD count: Nightly
Location: Montreal, Quebec
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

When you have your first LD, the rest usually come easier. There are some people on the forum who can have one whenever they want, but that usually comes with practice. smile

back to top
painocus
Chooser of the Slain
Dream Deity
painocus has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
28
Posts: 753
Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Last Visit: 18 Jun 2008
LD count: 83
Location: The Forrbiden Land (Norway)
 
Re: Question for you who already can become lucid.
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Canucks_ wrote:
I mean if I learn it, can I do it every night, or do I have to struggle everytime I want one?

Sadly; most (most is all except a very few (And they might be lying)) people have to struggle every time.
But it becomes easier the more experienced you become.


back to top
TheMessengerer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
30
Posts: 39
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2011
Location: Canada
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Wyvern wrote:
When you have your first LD, the rest usually come easier. There are some people on the forum who can have one whenever they want, but that usually comes with practice. smile



So the longer you practice, the easier it gets?


back to top
Sandra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Wolfgame
Posts: 2697
Joined: 24 May 2005
Last Visit: 02 Feb 2019
Location: Somewhere around sea-level
 
Re: Question for you who already can become lucid.
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Well some people can LD at will, but unfortunately not everyone can. It also depends on the technique you use. If you manage to master WILD you can WILD (and thus LD) when you want to. Some people have naturally more Lucid Dreams than others.

Personally I can't LD when I want to. I haven't had a Lucid Dream for the past few months and to be honest, I haven't put a lot effort in it either. But even when I do, I certainly don't get it at will.

Edit:

Quote:
So the longer you practice, the easier it gets?
Yes, for most people it does get easier. Practice makes perfect wink

*end of edit*


back to top
Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
35
Posts: 693
Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Last Visit: 26 Jan 2017
LD count: 1000+
Location: The Aether
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

I would say even if you've learnt it you still only have them once in a while, and if you want them every single night then you have to put in extra effort to accomplish that.

It's hard when you first start, whatever technique you try may not work the first time so you need some determination and persistance. Lucid Dreaming is well worth the wait and effort.

Myself, I have been a natural lucid dreamer since the age of 4 and I used techniques to make them happen more often so now I have them almost every night. I wouldn't say I can will them to happen just by wanting one, but if I do a technique such as WBTB i'm pretty much guarenteed to have one. I guess you could say I'm lucky but I think its more a matter of having high self-awareness and being very intuitive.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the site Canucks and good luck on your lucid journey! :D



Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
back to top
TheMessengerer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
30
Posts: 39
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2011
Location: Canada
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Eonnn wrote:
I would say even if you've learnt it you still only have them once in a while, and if you want them every single night then you have to put in extra effort to accomplish that.

It's hard when you first start, whatever technique you try may not work the first time so you need some determination and persistance. Lucid Dreaming is well worth the wait and effort.

Myself, I have been a natural lucid dreamer since the age of 4 and I used techniques to make them happen more often so now I have them almost every night. I wouldn't say I can will them to happen just by wanting one, but if I do a technique such as WBTB i'm pretty much guarenteed to have one. I guess you could say I'm lucky but I think its more a matter of having high self-awareness and being very intuitive.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the site Canucks and good luck on your lucid journey! :D



Thanks. Yes, You are very lucky. tounge1


back to top
krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover
35
Posts: 1375
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Last Visit: 07 Oct 2013
Location: Luleň, Sweden
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Perhaps I've been indoctrinated by LD mp3s but Lucid Dreaming is a skill. Ofcourse it gets easier with time. It's not a matter of "Now I can't - Now I can" There are various levels of skill.

I myself can't lucid dream when I want, but I don't really put that much effort into it. I'll hide behind that fact. But I do have lucid dreams regularly. Averaging about 2-3 a week. Perhaps In time even I will be able to LD when I want to, I sure hope so anyway.


back to top
TheMessengerer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
30
Posts: 39
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2011
Location: Canada
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

krakatoa wrote:
Perhaps I've been indoctrinated by LD mp3s but Lucid Dreaming is a skill. Ofcourse it gets easier with time. It's not a matter of "Now I can't - Now I can" There are various levels of skill.

I myself can't lucid dream when I want, but I don't really put that much effort into it. I'll hide behind that fact. But I do have lucid dreams regularly. Averaging about 2-3 a week. Perhaps In time even I will be able to LD when I want to, I sure hope so anyway.



ok. For how long have you been exercising?


back to top
NoctisLabyrinthus
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 106
Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Last Visit: 11 Feb 2017
Location: Czech Republic
 
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Wyvern wrote:
When you have your first LD, the rest usually come easier. There are some people on the forum who can have one whenever they want, but that usually comes with practice. smile


I wish it were true. In past half year I had 11 LD's and I really cannot say the subsequent ones were any easier.

-NL


back to top
donoteat
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
26
Posts: 79
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2008
Location: Washington DC
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2007  Reply with quote

After a while, it gets easier. I've been practicing for 4-5 months and get one every other day.

back to top
TheR
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
28
Posts: 61
Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Last Visit: 27 Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2007  Reply with quote

like anything in life you havr to practice to be good at it.

back to top
Orange Element
Dreamland War Hawk
Somniologist
32
Posts: 159
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Last Visit: 04 Mar 2010
Location: Europe
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2007  Reply with quote

If you want any kind of consistency, you have to give it an amount of effort appropriate to your skill level and talent. That is, talentless old beginners have to try hardest. But I imagine if you keep at it long enough it becomes instinctive like any other skill such as riding a bike.

It also depends on the techniques you use. MILD will always have only a chance of success depending on your skill level, whereas WILD is hit-or-miss, but still influenced by factors like, say, toothache or a stuffy nose.

So even master lucid dreamers probably have their dry spells.


back to top
Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
Posts: 5954
Joined: 03 Dec 2005
Last Visit: 29 Mar 2018
LD count: a bunch.
Location: fleeting.
 
PostPosted: Tue 15 May, 2007  Reply with quote

There are these guys who, in weekends, have 10 LDs or so. They WILD, wake up, WILD, wake up, WILD etc. all night. But I haven't heard of anyone who does that constantly. Word has it WILDing over and over isn't very nice for the resting part of sleep. I haven't seen any research, though, so I wouldn't know.

If you manage to master WILD, or are in really good relations with your subconscious (for incubation, autosuggestion, VILD etc.), you might be able to do it everytime. But then again, you'll end up not bothering LD every night. Go figure. Of course, even if you RULE, it doesn't mean you'll be able to do it every time anyways. It's not like there's a bulletproof method.


back to top
Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
35
Posts: 693
Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Last Visit: 26 Jan 2017
LD count: 1000+
Location: The Aether
 
PostPosted: Tue 15 May, 2007  Reply with quote

[quote="Bruno"]There are these guys who, in weekends, have 10 LDs or so. They WILD, wake up, WILD, wake up, WILD etc. quote]

ROFL can you imagine doing WBTB like that all night?

I kind of do that when I have an LD... like if I wake up from an LD I just try to get back to sleep straight away but keep thinking about the previous dream and try to get back into that same dream. Works for me all the time. I remember once I had an LD that was an hour long but divided up into 6 parts of 10minutes each because I kept waking up then going back into the exact same dream. LOL smile
Is there a technical term for this? re-entering dreams would be my best guess.



Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~