EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

First steps to WILD part II (for basic WILD Q&A)

Author  Message 
PoisonedV
Tripper
Novice dreamer
LD count: 0

First steps to WILD part II (for basic WILD Q&A)
PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

<mod>This is part II of the First steps to WILD topic.

Please use this topic for all basic questions about the WILD technique.

Part I
</mod>

I have a question, I had been trying MILD for a while and it not working so I tried WILD and I kind of got all tingly some muscles tensed up then released and it got a little hard to breathe, but I didn't go into paralysis or lucid state... Was I halfway there?

Rapouc
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

yeh I tried and I was sort of like PoisonedV , answer to this question would be greatly appreciated to me aswell.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Mon 16 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Quote:
I kind of got all tingly some muscles tensed up then released and it got a little hard to breathe, but I didn't go into paralysis or lucid state... Was I halfway there?

Yes indeed, I think so but you have to reach the hypnagogic state from this relaxed state. And you know you are in the HS if you get HH.

PoisonedV
Tripper
Novice dreamer
LD count: 0

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Well I was doing a method I saw on the wikibook that said count "1 im dreaming 2 im dreaming" etc and don't move and I did it for like 10 minutes and it got like that but eventually I kept doing it and I was getting any further so I stopped, are there any better methods?

Im just a dreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Ive been trying wild for a while with no success. I get up to the numbness/sp but for some reason dont get HI. I had HI once when i woke up in the middle of the night and went back to sleep. I saw a white and black flashing backround with lots of flashy colors. My questio is does everyone have HI and if so how can i get beyond the SP and into a lucid dream.

SMELLME2

nooby question: heartattack/seizure like SP
PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Ok someone please help me! I relaxed and thought of flying and the shock went through me (hopefully SP). I started breathing heavy with a fast beating heart. I actually could move a bit, but not much. I actually thought I was having a heartattack! after this I got up because it was too freaky. Can someone PLEASE help me!!!??? Lucid dreaming sounds so awesome!!!

Im just a dreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Yea you got to panicky. You have to stay calm when something like that happens and remember nothing bad will happen. when something happens like that to me my heart beat speeds up, but then i calm down by taking deep breaths and relax.

SMELLME2

Pheeeeew! Thanks alot that will probably help. I will try that tonight. (this might just be because that was my first time I tried lucid dreaming lol). I will post if I get a lucid dream. I hope it's as good as everyone says. One more thing How can I instantly change the setting from being godzilla to flying around my house?

Im just a dreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Im probably not the best person to answer your question "How can I instantly change the setting from being godzilla to flying around my house?" because im not too experienced in lucid dreams. But you should try simple stuff like just flying or spawning a bike. I wouldn't try to change your whole setting on the first try its pretty difficult. I f you have a night off i would try to stay up kinda late so your body is more tired and youll fall asleep faster. But keep your mind targeted on lucid dreams

Ionflux
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: many :)

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

@Im just a dreamer:
Quote:
My questio is does everyone have HI and if so how can i get beyond the SP and into a lucid dream.

While I am not sure that everyone experiences HI, I think it should be very common. It is just that you are usually not aware of it. Being aware of HI is a good thing since you will get used to seeing and feeling strange things and not get excited if you actually enter a dream.

If you have SP - and that means you really cannot move, it is very different from just feeling relaxed or unwilling to move - you are really just a small step away from a dream.

Chat Mods
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Hello It's me again. I kept at the WILD-ing, now I have figured something out, I can stay aware and slip into SP. I've done it two nights in a row. The only problem is I can't seem to get any HI and that seems to prevent me getting into dreams. I think i get close sometimes, the blackness behind my eyes seems to become blacker somehow? Does that make sense, almost like it's more real. I lay there for quite a long time in SP, around an hour, but couldn't seem to get any further.

The SP I feel is being unable to move but I can get myself out of it quite quickly. Also if I really try I can twitch my fingers but not much more. when I came out of it moving felt really weird like it does after a long nights sleep. Also on previous nights I've experienced HI but without SP now I get SP without HI.

Am I doing something wrong or is it that I need to figure out what I should be doing when in SP.

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
nullbyte00

Attempting WILD
PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Tonight I plan on attempting WILD but I have a few questions.

1. About how long should I sleep before getting up to start WILD?
2. What should I do to not lose consciousness?
3. Will I know when I have the ability to "step into" my dream?
4. I heard when sleep paralysis starts, you feel that there is the presence of a demon in your room. Does this happen often?

Thanks in advance if you can answer any of these! smile

nullbyte00

No one has answers? sadblauw

bodhibay
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I want to try WILD too. Somebody answer these questions! Please. I still haven't had a lucid dream. I stopped trying for a few weeks, but now that I'm out of school I'm ready to start trying again. I need some pointers.

milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

Quote:
1. About how long should I sleep before getting up to start WILD?

Most people suggest 4 to 6 hours.
Quote:
2. What should I do to not lose consciousness?

You just have to focus on something simple like counting, breathing or imagery. However, before you start that don’t forget to relax your body first. You can use any progressive relaxation technique. This is a very important step.

Quote:
3. Will I know when I have the ability to "step into" my dream?

I do not actually step into my dreams. Instead, I just let myself get pulled into the dream. I found that if I try to actively step into my dream I loose the dream and I have to start over. I just focus on my technique and then it just happens.

Quote:
4. I heard when sleep paralysis starts, you feel that there is the presence of a demon in your room. Does this happen often?

I have never experienced this nor do I know anyone else who has. If you do feel the presence of something in the room with you just ignore it. It is just a hallucination and it can not harm you.

print