EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Does the level of how tired you are affect dream recall?

Author  Message 
Irwanday01
Expert Assimilator
Novice dreamer
LD count: LD's: 5

Does the level of how tired you are affect dream recall?
PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007  Reply with quote

My first two nights on my dream journal i remebered two dreams each night. Since then(3 days) i haven't remembered a dream at all. I usually go to bed out of boredom, not out of being tired. So tonight im going to stay up as late as i can and see if It affects my dream recall. I am also going to do some exercise to increase my level of exhaustion. I am getting desperate here because I can't remember any dreams.

I downloaded free software from here ( http://www.ornj.net/citrus/ ). It is an alarm clock that you can have mutliple settings and have it play mp3s to wake you up.

So im going to attempt a wbtb to see if it helps me to remember.

and i have been doing autosuggestion to try and remember to remember my dreams.

The first thing i do when i wake up is try and remember my dreams too, but just have had a dry spell(i realize three days is not very long, but it is still annoying).

So my goal is to see if dream recall is better the more tired you are. I will post my results.

Irwanday01
Expert Assimilator
Novice dreamer
LD count: LD's: 5

After doing a vigorous work out and staying up later than i normally do, I remembered 5 dreams/dream fragments but i did sleep later into the day. So i will try again and go to bed at my normal sleep time and see if i have similar results.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

Yes. At least in my case. I haven't remembered a dream since the beginning of school (and it's about to end now, so you get the idea).

onorm
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

last night and saturday night, I was very tired, woke up very early and went to bed very tired. My Dream Recall was not as good as usual... Everytime I woke up during these nights, I quickly tried to remember what was my dream but with no real motivation... I was too tired I guess.

Some other night, I wuold have a very good DR after 3 of 4.5 hours of sleep, so I don't know what to think about "tiredness" ?

altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

I find that being tired makes my recall go down.

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.

print