Page 1 of 4Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author  Message 
Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

Do you believe in the normal ?
PostPosted: Tue 22 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Hi, first let me say I a well adjusted person, quietly living in my haunted Carpathian castle, happily married for 20 years with a bat, I'm in my 40's and always respect both sides of peoples opinion, and I'm also a believer in the existence of Spiderman.

Since my very first years, I've been fascinated by the normal and it started by a documentary about normal things, it was called BBC News if I remember well. I would read every book about normal things, until today I'd never seen one but I truly believed it was possible. By the way, history tells us there are cave paintings showing people performing normal activities, before Christ.

Now here is what happened today. I was in my little haunted Carpathian castle. In the morning, I often have some red ants for breakfast. It was about 8:45, I opened my fridge and I immediatly noticed there was some butter and lemon marmelade inside it. I wasn't afraid yet I prepared a toast with this butter and marmelade. The butter and marmelade stayed on the toast, so I didn't know what to do with them and I ate the toast. Then I surprisingly noticed there was some orange juice in the fridge too. I had heard about orange juice cause I knew somebody believing himself to be an orange after having drunk a glass of orange juice. But when I drank the orange juice, nothing special happened. All this incredible scene lasted about 10 minutes.

Some friends of mine still don't believe me. They don't seem to understand how I can believe in the normal. Do you believe in the normal ? Have you experienced normal once ? Could you relate your own experiences of the normal ?

MatrixManNe0
a.k.a. Sean
cookie lover
LD count: Please.

Dear BW:

I don't quite follow. For you see, every time I drink orange juice, I believe I am becoming the orange juice, and before you know it, I'm spilling all over the ground and someone mops me up. It's very inconvenient trying to reassemble one's self after having become orange juice.

However, as I am psychically reading your message while sleeping and telekinetically typing this message, I suppose I could tell you the one time that I did have a normal time.

I was flying down the street next to some pigs, when suddenly, I noticed someone spreading butter and lemon marmalade on toast. Strangely, or perhaps I should say normally, the butter and lemon marmalade did not grow to mass proportions and essentially engulf the entire house with butter and marmaladey goodness. I watched as that person ate the toast and drank a glass of orange juice. Then I found some red ants scurrying across the sidewalk, so I ate one, and lo! Nothing happened as the ant passed through my digestive tract at all! It was oddly... normal.

Of course, the occasion doesn't happen very often.

-MMNe0

P.S. My real name is Eddie Brock. I have a few pics of Spiderman on my computer, if you like.

P.P.S. Okay, so I lied. But I would have pics of Spiderman on my computer if my real name were Eddie Brock.

The HB
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
Wolfgame
LD count: 11

One day, while riding my pet dinosaur (his name is Fluffy) home from the suicide booth (I go every day, it tickles) I notices someone eat a red ant, while he was watching someone eat some lemon marmalade on toast and drinking orange juice... This struck me as add, especially since nothing happened to the man. Anyway, when I got home, I realised that the house wasn't actually floating, as usual, and was firmly rooted to the ground, no matter how hard I tried to lift it back to it's usual position. I decided to leave it, as it obviously wanted to be on the ground, when I found my children sitting down on the sofa, watching television, instead of sitting on the table as usual. This also struck me as strange, so I went to get a cup of tea. I drank it, and strangely, I didn't begin bouncing around the room and walking on the ceiling. I just stayed there, with the empty cup in my hand... It was all quite strange.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

I think you are all deluded!! There is no such thing as The Normal. Why can't you just accept supernatural life as it is without trying to make us believe all this rubbish.

DISCLAIMER: this is just a personal opinion, i wouldn't like to discredit anyone's belief ...... no matter how bizarre...............

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

I've read into this normal stuff, but I have yet to see any real evidence of it. I think part of the problem comes when many people who are experiencing normal freely admit to being under the influence of some drug of illegal beverage such as Ice Tea or Sherbet.

As a were creature, I find your idea of normal to be completely and utterly ridiculous. I was talking to my spirit guide last night about people who claim they "talk to themselves" while working on something and it helps them get the answer. Clearly what they are doing is contacting their spirit guide who is giving them the answer. It does not help your case to talk about "orange juice". What is this supposed to be? Liquid squeezed from a colour?

I think it is all a load of utter nonsense that will never be proved by paranormal science.

Good day.

LucidDreama

I don't understand you Basilus !
You have belief in the normal but you are normal !
quietly living in a haunted Carpathian castle, happily married for 20 years with a bat,in their 40's and always respecting both sides of peoples opinion, and being also a believer in the existence of Spiderman.
Is quite normal in the Castle of Tracula a very famous Vampire who drink instead of your orangejuice a fresh glass of blood every morning ,and also in the Atams family well known too!

My normal isn't quite normal !
Think of this :
I am a big monster
I've got a large amount of skin allover me and also two eyes on my face and even a nose in the middle of it !!!
That is quite weird right ?

But I got hope and still believe in normal as a possible option!

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Wed 23 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Hi everyghost! bye

I'm not Basilus West yet one of the ghosts of his Carpathian castle, specialized in keyboard haunting at night. I have to say I completely agree with moogle.

Alleged normal phenomena tend to pop-up from time to time. The most known is certainly this illusionist who claimed to be able to dissolve a sugar in a cup of tea by using a spoon. I think it's necessary to denounce the falsehood of certain misleading beliefs which are spread by poltergeists and other deceiving spirits in order to exploit the most credulous people.

First of all, normal is never tought in magic schools thus it's not serious. By the way, normal cannot exist or else it would violate all the magic laws. And you cannot verify empirically any of those alleged normal phenomena cause they cannot be reproduced twice, unlike spells. Magic shouldn't waste its time with this kind of rubbish.

As for the examples above, there are very good alternative explanations : one of the red ants was a powerful psychic; or the orange juice had been hypnotized so that it believed normal things could happen, hence by will power he modified the events; or it was possibly old hag or hallucinations, which are extremely common at 8:45am; or the three simultaneously according to the well known principle of synchronicity ; thus you don't have to put forward the hypothesis of normal.

And LucidDreama, just think a little about this : you can't believe in the normal and be normal! It's impossible thus it proves that normal is just a cognitive illusion.

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

Woah guys i had a WL!

So i was hopping along and there was a giant bunny, and then i saw a guy eat some food.

So i did a DC (dream check for those who don't know).. and I WASN'T DREAMING!

It was awesome! i did my taxes and went to the bathroom!

it was the first WL i ever had!

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict

Hi!

I'm the bat who's happily married since 20 years with Basilus West in our Carpathian castle. What is happening to us yet is incomprehensible, that's the reason why I decided to come and talk about this here. Please don't think I'm not psychotic and paranoid, I'm exactly like you, please believe me!

First of all, I have to precise that Basilus and I have a very magic mind and we don't believe at all in the normal. Our Carpathian castle was a little calm place with cool dark corridors full of poltergeists and ghosts until all this started. Now I feel really afraid. It looks like more and more normal things are happening. Yesterday, my dear Basilus found butter, lemon marmelade and orange juice in our fridge. We've been rather shocked but we didn't dare to talk around about all this immediatly.

Hence I went to an astrologer who drew my natal chart and he ensured me that there was no need to panick, nothing normal was happening, I was just Bat Ascendant Bat. Anyhow, I continue to feel afraid without any reasons. For instance, when I go to sleep I have no more insomnia nor old hag. It worries me a lot.

Yet this morning, we saw an odd-looking man : he was wearing a blue and yellow cap and uniform and was riding a bicycle while whistling - don't think I'm joking, I'm perfectly serious. He put something into our mailbox. This was unusual enough but we feel even more astonished when we discovered it wasn't an old parchment yet a sort of white sheet of paper. Some curious characters were written on it: "Resident Personal Income Tax Return".

We don't know what to think about all this. What does it mean? Do you think it is a normal phenomenon? If so, what can we do to stop this sudden invasion of the normal in our lives? Please help us!

Hypatia West bat

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

The Normal! Bah, I don't like the Normal. It is mean. It once drank my favourite cat, Themistocle.

And I miss my cat! cry

But anyways. I must say, I don't believe in Normal, but Normal there is plenty. In fact, the other day, we were gathered in the toilet, voting the suspension of the law of gravity, and that's when someone, after tearing some money bills to make origami birds with it, decided to brush their teeth... And after that, their breath was actually fresh, and their teeth, cleaner! overspannen

I think we should start an enquiry on this matter, before the Normal takes over us. yes

Luke Strife
Long time no see
Somniologist

After reading all but one of these posts I have come to the conclusion that the conclusion of this post is false, and therefore I think I win in contradicting myself. That's normal, right?

I am not sure but poking the flying squirrels makes them morph into giant steering wheels, which like nothing more than to make candy floss for people with extremely natural teeth! Of course it is denial, for plaque is the way!

Though it's kind of hard to remove the plaque's once you've nailed them to your teeth. I got tired of chewing my certificate (it says £10 on it) that I swallowed a chimpanzee and it removed my car from my sister.

The walls are kind.

They are almost normal. Mine are tame, it seems. I suggest you get the same walls as me.

Parallax 2000-20020033858234342343-ProNormDefy3.

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2007  Reply with quote

well, as a practictioner of the Normal for a few years now, i can now say that it is possible for everyone to be Normal yes It takes practice at first, and some are more talented than others, but it is possible. There are courses available. I have now progressed to the level of Normal Master, which you can only attain after having paid a lot of money to another Master so you can be initiated. Now I am a master too so I can initiate others as well. However, I will do this for free as I don't believe you should have to pay only to be Normal. I believe being Normal is something that should be available for everyone.

Now, in response to the inhabitants of the Carpathian castle, I have been trained to evict Normal occurances in places. Do not be afraid, that is what only will make more normal things happen. Just pretend nothing has happened. If you need more help just contact me telepathically ^^

Luke Strife
Long time no see
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2007  Reply with quote

*Nuu nuu nuuu*

*Luke Strife imitates Abe.

:o

Telepathic package. :o

Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Alas, the feeling of "normal" continues to elude me. All of you claim to have had experiences with the normal, but I ask: Must you believe in all that you see? How do you know that these claims of normal experiences are simply not the effect of the mind, tricking us into believing in these illusions? I continue to be a skeptic.

↓↓ It is just like the existence of the sun. Or the existence of existence. I just can't believe any of it.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your telepathic help, Q and the others!

Sonia, if those normal phenomena occured to you, I wonder how you would react. For instance, saturday night, my youngest daugther Tabitha didn't want to sleepfly alone in her crypt, she said she was scared. I verified and it looked like a normalefic power had run the vacuum cleaner over the floor! scared I teleported her immediatly and she slept with us in the cooler.

Tuesday morning, I contacted an ordinarologist to know if something normal was happening in my haunted castle. It's hard to find a competent one in Subcarpathia yet he provided this service for a reasonable fee: only six billions blue strawberries. When he just entered the castle, he said that there was such an odor of normality that it made him almost sick. As for him, the presence of normal here made no doubt. The scientist asked me immediatly if there were no problem in the vault. We went downstairs and we noticed that there were less zombies than usual. overspannen

Then he proceeded to a purification of the place: he verified the accounting records with a calculator then he went to the kitchen and drank Coca Light and ate chicken sandwiches. It was very impressive. eek2

Yesterday morning, Tabitha was flying quietly with her ghost friends, my wife was eating some spiders for breakfast, such a thing hasn’t happened since a long time, it's good to see that, I woke up in great form and I stayed in a good mood all the day. :D We'll see if it lasts, I would not fail to keep you informed.

Page 1 of 4Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

print   ShareShare