print ShareShare 

The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

Page 8 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author  Message 
kaotix
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

found some melatonin and bg, 100 tablet, 50 mg b6 pills, less than 2 bucks, 3 mg of melatonin, something like 4 bucks, 120 tabs, so... just my opinion, if you got 6 bucks every 3 months to spend on pills, go buy some.. will report back about how things go..

G. atlanticus
Shiny Space Slug
Dream Deity
LD count: 23

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

So my mom just walked in the door and told my brother and I she wanted us to try these new pills she got for our dad (who has some insomnia). It has 34 mg of calcium, 27 mg of phosphorus, and 2 mg of melatonin. She said it was "all natural," or something like that, and whenever we can't sleep we should just pop one.

eh Any thoughts?

Current LD goal(s): *formerly known as hunaynay
RandomUN

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

hunaynay, melatonin is great for sleeping and dream vividness along with that. I'm not sure about the calcium and phosphorus though.

My Vitamin B6 test will start today, I'll do 300mg and I'll let you guys know the results when I awake!

Carnun
Pasta Salami!
cookie lover
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

I have not had too much success on the B6! I have tried a few times, and just when I think it might be doing something... after a few nights my dream recall feels like it goes back to what ever it was previously. I think I tried it once before, and I thought it was increasing the vividiness of my recall... but in hindsight... I think it was only wishful thinking! A sort of compensation for the waste of good money spent on something that was not really needed! lach1

EDIT: Having said all that... I realise I still have some left and just popped one in my mouth shy2 Hey... it can't hurt to try again?!

tkrulewich
Mr. Dr. Professor
Somniologist
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

lol ive seen some of you are getting 100 mg of vitamin b6... I researched it and that is about 272.5 bananas :D.

BlueAndWhite
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BlueAndWhite has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds!

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Ive read up about B6 - and all it does is increase the vividness of some peoples dreams. too much of it [200mg+] can cause health complications. bananas do have B6, but such a small amount it has no effect. same with milkshake mixes :D

Tbh, the best foods to eat to aid lucidity is milk orange juice mustartd fish popcorn chocolate and ice cream. though the most effective are milk orange juice and mustard

Hope this helps : )

chase1420
La Puerta Nuebla
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 02 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

alright, can someone please tell me if a daily repeated dose of 100 mg.
will harm my health or not

because I was thinking of taking 100mg. daily and every once in a while
take a 250 dose

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

PostPosted: Tue 02 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

http://www.acu-cell.com/bx2.html

This site states that too much b6 in one form can be harmful in doses over 50 mg.
Quote:
* When supplementing more than 50mg of Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine per day, the tablets should contain
a small percentage of the Vitamin as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P).

Also, the effects can be quite severe:

Quote:
High levels / Overdose / Toxicity / Negative Side Effects - Symptoms and/or Risk Factors:

Vitamin B6:
Numbness in hands and/or feet (from high intake of
pyridoxine, not pyridoxal-5-phosphate), depression,
suicidal tendencies, severe fatigue, low blood sugar,
mood swings, migraine-headaches, heart palpitations,
hyperthyroid, hypothyroid (long-term supplementation),
spinal / nerve degeneration (all forms of Vitamin B6),
muscle spasms / cramps, osteoporosis, arthritis,
higher blood pressure (short-term supplementation),
lower blood pressure (long-term supplementation),
abnormally high phosphorus-sodium ratio (low pH),
abnormally high magnesium-calcium ratio, severe
calcium deficiency, severe manganese deficiency,
PMS, decreased estrogen, decreased prolactin,
restlessness, increased dream activity, insomnia,

I would make sure, maybe even ask a doctor, if the type of b6 you are going to use is of the right type for high doses!

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
BlueAndWhite
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BlueAndWhite has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds!

PostPosted: Wed 03 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

It seems to just increase vividness, which danm i hope it does, since i have crap vividness. It would really help me . but each site seems to have different dosages and measurements to what is harmful, so...who knows. go on a doctors site or something that isnt publicly editable opzekop

Isturite
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 07 Nov, 2008  Reply with quote

Vitamin B-6 is usually best to help dream recall, and in some cases increase lucidity...
Valerian Root increases vividness and sometimes lucidity
and Melatonin usually increases lucidity and helps you stay asleep

a combo of these three are very good if you are looking to enhance your dreams... Personally I would not recommend using it for all lucid dreaming, possibly only for at first acheiving it or for special occasions... somebody once told me about the use of substances or enhancers to enhance experiences of spiritual or any other metaphysical forms, should be kept away from to an extent... for if you overuse a psychedelic for example, to attain a high level of meditative state, then your chances of attaining a high state without the substances is very low... whereas if you are able to attain that state without the substances, then imagine what you could do then with them.

DONT ABUSE YOUR LUCIDITY ENHANCEMENTS

fundash26
A random Ld4allMember
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1+2=3 :D

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I just eat 2 or 3 bananas every night, 30min before I go to bed. It seems to boost dream recall for me to be about 3x more vivid!

Entheoman
Seeker of Wisdom
Lucid Initiate
LD count: About 15

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I tried B-6 for the first time last night, after reading about it. And let me tell you, for one who remembers many dreams each night, NOTHING can compare to the insanity I experienced. It was the first time I have dreamed of space and planets. The earth was coming too close to the sun, and we had to abandon it for a small moon, and start life over. It wa perhaps the longest dream I have ever had, and so vivid. Not an LD, but just as moving.

Now I do know that many say they don't dream, and some believe it can be linked to B intake, but who knows? All I know it the following recipe changed my life in the dream world;

1) 225 Mg Kavalactones (3 kava kava extract pills) grin
2) 2 valerian/hops/skullcap pills (called "muscle relax") ^^
3) 100 mg vitamin B-6 eek2

I have been taking the first two for a few weeks, and had vivid dream recall every night. EVERY night....but after adding B-6 to the mix, I must say, things have taken a new turn...

I do recommend kava kava, as it alone can help immensely. Just get high quality stuff (extract) as the other crap is worthless.

Good dreaming!

(Note; some people report nightmares after B-6 intake. I have to say, it wasnt the happiest dream. Kinda scary...but very vivid!)

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

PostPosted: Sun 01 Mar, 2009  Reply with quote

nthomas111
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Fri 13 Mar, 2009  Reply with quote

focus1 wrote:
Last night I had my first experience with this stuff. For maybe a couple of weeks ago I bought a bottle of some sort of B-complex, but I forgotten to take it befor last night. I have bean reading some of this tread now and I can add that I also ate a late dinner last night contaning salomon, bread and veggies. I did noot drink milk yesterday, but I drank a lot of cofee the hole day. And that is maybe the main reason for the sleep to be verry lightly and bad. I just thougth of this while I am writing now. Last night I blamed the effect of this two pills I took before I went to bed. I went straight into dreaming and it was really vivid! After bean dreaming for about 30 min I woke up and could remeber it all, I then did a kind of a wild, I had a short dream without any pictures, I just went up in darknes for a good time, stopped, and took a dive, lett me fall down again! It was great. Then I had a short half lucid dream witch ended with some strange sex, and then I woke again. And did not gett anny real sleep for the rest of the night.

Some stuff I noticed was that even thoe I was tired and full of food, I never gott into a heavy sleep. I went straight into a verry vivid REM state! And when I woke up the first time I knew it could not have lasted for more than around 30 min, since my mate still was doing the dishess in the room next door. Maybe it only lastet for 15 min, but it was verry vivid. I did not found it interesting enough to write it out, but I still can remeber most of last night dreamings.

So the B vitamins absolutly did somthing to me, I will wait a few days before I do it again because I nead some sound sleeping now. I have one question: You saying that it is mostly the B6 that is working on dreams. Where can I buy just B6? I would like to know what a high dose (50-100mg) of this one specific vitamin would do to me.

Thanks for all the great tips in this tread. I will use my B-vits with caution now and then. I think I gott such a good effect because I am not use to it.

Well I am going to take 200mg of a variety of vitamin Bs and i had a kind of late dinner but not really. Will this give me the same or more vivid effect of what you had?

kmphelan
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Mon 27 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

I had a banana before bed last night and it definately produced a more vivid dream

Page 8 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

print   ShareShare