Could autosuggestion help me?

Author  Message 
nightmaster
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 4

Could autosuggestion help me?
PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

Okay, here's my problem. I get startled VERY easily. I jump whenever a teacher shouts at school or if someone makes a loud noise, even when I'm expecting it. It is really bugging me, especially when my classmates snigger and such its just so embarrasing. So, do you think that autosuggestion would help me, ie when I go to bed I repeat a mantra or something?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this or at least suppress my physical reaction?

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

Re: Could autosuggestion help me?
PostPosted: Thu 16 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

It sounds as if you are somewhat high-strung and jumpy. I used to be like that. I would think that basic relaxation would help you out. Like meditation for instance would definitely help you relax a bit. Auto suggestion might help you out a little, but I think just basic efforts to calm yourself down would do a lot more. Take a few deep breaths if you feel a little jumpy or anxious, and see if that helps out any.

And to just put this into perspective, this really isn't that big of a problem. In a few months after you've calmed yourself down, you'll have a laugh at how big this problem seemed at the moment, but how simple it became after it got fixed ^^

nightmaster
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Mon 20 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

Your probably right lach1 thanks

print