Lucidity Challenge IV - Winner: Writerscube

This LC is over now. Congratulations to the winner Writerscube who will be the next taskmaker! :content:

Welcome to the fourth lucidity challenge!

LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein

rules
Players will be given points each day based on how well they performed in their dream on the previous night. What do I mean by this? Well, I will explain. You see, there will two different types of ways to earn points. There will be lucid points, and task points. Let me explain lucid points first.

Lucid points are simply given based on how lucid a player gets during the night. The possible amounts of general points that can be earned are as follows:

You have a normal dream without ever considering you are dreaming = 0 points
You consider you may be dreaming at least once in the dream, but don’t get lucid = 10 points
You realize you are dreaming, but wake up in under approximately 10 seconds of your realization = 20 points
You realize you are dreaming and have a lucid dream that lasts over approximately 10 seconds = 30 points

In order to get your score you must post the dream in this topic the day following the night you had the dream, and it must be posted before 8:00 PM PST, because that is when I tally up the scores (the next task maker can change it to a different time, if he or she wishes.)

Now, here is the fun part. Every other day of the round, the Task maker comes up with a task for the players to complete in their dreams. Now, each task has several different amounts of points that can be earned, depending on the task and how well the player completed it. For example:
Task: Fly to Tahiti in your dream tonight.
Succeed in flying, but don’t get to Tahiti = 20 points
Get to Tahiti, but not by flying = 30 points
Fly, and see Tahiti ahead of you but never actually reach it = 35 points
Make it to Tahiti by flying = 40 points

The points from completing the task and your lucid points will be added up to make your full score. Also, when you post your dream, also post the score you think you got, to make it easier for the task maker. If you complete the task without becoming lucid, unlikely as that may be, you will still get your task points.

You can also score points by completing tasks that were assigned on previous days, so long as they were assigned during the current round, however, there will be an additional 10 points for completing a task the night it was assigned… And yes, you can complete more than one task in one night, and if you do so, you will be rewarded the total of the scores of each of those, minus ten points. If the task assigned that night is included with the others, you will not get your ten point bonus, but will still have ten points subtracted.

Now, when the round comes to an end, whoever has the highest amount of points gets to be the task maker for the next round. If there is a tie, as many tiebreaker nights will be held as necessary, but no new tasks will be assigned during the tiebreakers and the tied players will have to use tasks earlier nights in the round.

Now, here is where we sign up to play.

Final Scores!

1. 730 - Writerscube +205 ( + 30 lucid points + 90 task points + 85 bonus points)
  2. 415 - Ansie
  3. 235 - Ysim +155 ( + 30 lucid points + 25 bonus points + 100 task points )
  4. 170 - wnvoss
  5. 60 - NeoMarine
  6. 40 - hunaynay
  7. 30 - Wissam
  8. 0 - ThePromethean
  9. 0 - Sevenfold
  10. 0 - antec-rex

And our winner is… Writerscube with an awesome score of 730 points! yay
Congratulations to your LC Winner Medal! :content:

I also want to congratulate Ansie, Ysim, wnvoss, NeoMarine, hunaynay and Wissam to their respectable achievements! thumbs

That were two very nice weeks for me - pity that it’s overy now.

I hope this helped you to get motivated having LDs and I’m looking forward to be with you in the next LCs! :content:

put me down, though i WILL fail miserably. id just regret it compeletely if i didnt sign up. and who know, perhaps i have a hidden talent for doing beguiling tasks in strange mental realms

Allow me to sign up please! I will hopefully actually get at least 1 task done this time. Thanks!

I might sign up for this :wink: I mean, I must have another lucid dream at some point… Right? And this could give me a motivation-boost, which is badly needed right now.

If I may I would like to sign up :smile:

I’ll sign up! This will be just what I need to get to regular LDing!

I’ll try this :smile: Like MovieMe, i also need a motivation boost. Recently i haven’t even made quick notes of my dreams so i might not do very well :tongue: but it will be fun.

I’ve never done this before… sign me up? This sounds fun! (anything to distract me from the looming school year… :ohno: )

:wow: look at the signups :smile:

I forgot to mention that this one starts when the TM is back from holiday, so that’s in about 2 weeks.

So be patient :smile:

:peek: i didn’t expect everyone rushing to signup :tongue:

adds everyone

ah what the heck…sign me up as well please. :tongue:

I want to sign up ^^

I’m afraid i’ll have to opt out as i’m going away on holiday then. I’ll make sure i join the next one.

I guess I can wait 2 weeks. Get back into my school routine before I try any hard dream stuff.

I’d like to give it a go. Sign me up, please! :colgate:

Im in?

I’m in.

There are 10 players now, but you can still sign up for a reserve spot incase one of the others has to pull out before it starts.

I might have to pull out cause now that school started I haven’t got that much time (or energy) to induce any LDs using techniques, and DILD is extremely rare.

So if anyone wants my spot just say so, else I’ll have to participate and… Well, lose.

I’m sorry but because of another unforseen-at-the-time event, I won’t be able to make this one, sorry.

On second thought I’ll go with what MovieMe said and if no one else signs up, I’ll stay in and do worse than MovieMe.

well i can open signups again, no worries, and the new taskmaster ultimately starts the game when he is back :smile: graech and movieme, you can always join a next challenge :smile:

Interesting tasks make lucid dreams so much more interesting. I’ll join, maybe this will get me some more LDs. :smile: