LD yourself to fitness?

I was thinking about one of those old cheesy “lose weight in your sleep” infomercials and got to thinking. If I was to find myself in a lucid dream and was hungry, could I eat something and feel full? If so, would that fullness translate over my physical self?

I’ve got two words for you:

GOOD - LUCK

^^ Seriously, I doubt it would work… Although, once I ate something really disgusting in my dream and when I woke up I still had the taste of it - Could eating yourself full in your dream make you keep that feeling once awake?

I’d be one of the first to admit its wishful thinking, but it is a nice thought nonetheless :content:

If it works I’ll be rich.

I’m trying to autosuggest myself to fitness. LOL. I’m lazy.

If you think it would work, then it might. In my opinion it wouldn’t physically lol.

Well I dunno - you exercise to prompt your body to lose weight or lower your blood pressure or whatever.

Autosuggestion is in place of the exercise - it’s what’s prompting your body to lose weight, lower blood pressure, whatever.

If you look at it like that, it will work.

i think that it wont work cuz that’s just impossible to me but that’s what i just think i think som1 who is reallyyyy skinny and wants to gain some weight should try it! :grin:

I don’t think it works that way, then again when I LD I usually go for fattening, unhealthy, foods in the largest amounts possible :tongue:.

I’ve had normal dreams where I ate a lot and felt full for a few hours. It would only work until the dream ‘wore off’ and then you’d be really hungry.

I think it could give you the feeling of being full for a while.
But I doubt it can give you the ATP that you need.

That depends on what you mean by full. The appetite is controlled completely by the mind. Advanced meditators can go for long periods of time without eating solid foods.

If, however, you mean “full” as in “there’s something in mah belly” then no, you will not get that feeling from a dream. You will only get THAT feeling by putting something in your belly…

The good news is that there are proven ways of losing weight. They are called

1. Eating less.
    and
  2. Not being a lazy slob.

Both methods are decidedly easier to implement than lucid dreaming.

lol draginvry :tongue:

actually i have read about a therapist who used lucid dreams as an aid for weightloss. He would instruct his clients how to LD and then in their lucid dreams they can eat all that they aren’t allowed to eat while they are on their diet, it made it easier to stick to the diet.

I can see that happening because you are satisfying the mental portion of it.
But I don’t think that dream food can actually get you the energy that you need.

Uh… Bones ? it isnt SUPPOSED to… :happy: its for losing wait :razz:

But you will wake up and be satisfied for a while, but you will eventually return to the hunger state that you would have been in if you had not had a lucid dream, and you will have to eat to get energy.

Of course, eventually. But, that might not be until lunchtime. In effect, its a way to cut down intake before anything else.

But once you come down off of your “dream fullness”, you are going to have to eat as much as you would have had you not ate in your dream.

What if you would eat until you almost puke in your dream? That feeling should probably extend your “feeling full” feeling for a minute or two I guess :wink:

no its always good to eat breakfast or u eat more the rest of the day

Don’t eat cereal for breakfast, I know I do but I know I shouldn’t. It’s just not good for you.

I would like to point out that eating in your dream so your not hungry in the real world, so you will lose wieght is not fitness, in fact its probably unhealthy. :neutral: But on that subject, perhapes you could find a way to enter your sub-concouise and make your body burn more fat, or calories or what ever.