48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 31

Page 3 of 7Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author  Message 
Qu
present in silence
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: lost uhm lots

PostPosted: Fri 30 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

still no fair that antipriest can become a vamp when bitten and priest dies. I don't think the PIW will balance that. Why not have it that if antipriest tries to unbless priest he dies? From the holy power of the Light or something tounge1

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Fri 30 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

Or just have both (or one) lose their power?
That could kind of change the side of the anti-priest, too. Because if he loses his power then he is a normal vill and therefore changes sides.

Qu
present in silence
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: lost uhm lots

PostPosted: Sat 01 May, 2010  Reply with quote

if Priest loses power that's the same as having no Priest.
And would that mean he is a normal vill? because he can't get infected because of knowing who the Blessed are. and antipriest would still be on the vamps side in a way because he knows who he (tried to) unbless. Furthermore, if he loses his power after blessing a certain someone he also knows for sure that's the Priest.

by the way, me posting so much in this topic doesn't mean I'm a VG addict. Just in case you wonder

Wulf
Tawny wolf
Astral Explorer
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Sat 01 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Wow I love this Ebil-Priest role grin.

Magnus
Do a RC, Now!
LD4all addict
LD count: 48

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

Well this latest WG has given me ideas for 2 new roles, well 1 of them is brunos idea

The Betrayer
Will be seen as a vill by the seer but will be working for the wolves.
And
The Secret/Vegetarian Wolf
He counts as a villager but can choose which team to play for.

I'll flesh them out later.

Current LD goal(s): Play chess on the moon :), transform into a guinea pig
Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

Magnus wrote:
The Secret/Vegetarian Wolf
He counts as a villager but can choose which team to play for.

The way I play it, that's anyone's choice.

In fact, I've betrayed my side about as many times as I helped it, for the sake of a funnier game grin

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

First things first: Ysim I think you should edit the initial post about the dark priest, changing its name to dark priest (from anti priest) and also changing the effect of priest blessing dark priest and dark priest de-blessing priest. I guess we won't use the original way ever again with the holy-vs-unholy showdown. If that post is edited then it's not necessary anymore to always say that when the rule is used in VG, and as I see it it might be used quite a few times again.

Little addition I thought quite some time ago:
The acolyte
It is used in VG with prayer rule (for those who don't know it, VG can be played without priest blessing the villagers; instead the villagers pray at night and the one with most prayers gets blessed). The difference of the acolyte against a normal vill or garlic vill is that their prayer counts twice. I think it might be reasonable enough to add 2 of them for the average amount of players, maybe 3 if there are really many (playernumber devided by 6 might work).
The acolyte can be turned into a vampire by the way wink5 Maybe, but I'm not sure about this, vampire acolytes can keep some part of their original ability and at least pray with the same effect as a single villager. To sway the prayer result for the vampires' favour, so to say :D

Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 十一

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

This is my little list of all the wg roles (in this topic) and just some info about their advantages/disadvantages (kinda). Read it 'cause I know Bayo wants some freshness in this game and yeah. tounge2

Quote:
The Fighter - Shorten game but depends on whether they pick the same person as wolves
The Eraser - Will lengthen the game and neutral but abuseable
The Rainmaker - Pretty balanced but can be used to his advantage (when he's gonna get lynched)
The False Resurrector - Shorten game and wolf inclined
The Hunter - Done before
The false hunter - Wolf inclined
The Mind Reader - Vill inclined
The ebil One - Abuseable (carelesschat ness)
Mr Curiosity - Can create easy lynchmobs wink5 and if the sorc protect works will know who the protected is so vill inclined
Mind Controler - Totally a controller XD
Mayority Voter - Can tip over mobs
The Ansie - LOL? Totally totally a very dangerous role to use
The Secret Keeper - Vil inclined and can find out blesseds
The Overtaker - Would need to be modified to be a one time thing otherwise secrets would leek
The Tourist - Played before
The Cookie-Baker - Lololol But sounds just like sorc protect so I'll say vill inclined wink5
The Plague Starter - Neutral and dangerous <3
Person In Waitin (PIW) - "he can't become all roles but many" would need to make sense but neutrally evil
The Jail-person - One time use but hate warefare tounge2
Mr Soak - Strangely game tipping o.o
The Dreamer - As sweet as the tourist stats XD
The Resurrector - Dangerous role and everyone will know what the dead (brought back) person and the dead person will also know others roles
Leader of Lynch Mob - It was Magnus!
The Cheater - If they already know the persons vote can be used to aid lynch mob
The Time Monk - Used in VVG and will give everyone jet lag wink5
Mr Popular. - Will live whole game or for the wolves amusement
Mr Unpopular - Unfair to the player (most guaranteed to die first or second day) O_O
The Believer - Lynch leader and truth knower, basically for himself.
The Village Idiot - fun if she gets sorc powers, otherwise it'll be unkown if the role is being used (yet funny when comming in contact with the real seer)
The Copycat - Should be limited to one time use
The Coward - Random gm vote but if the wolves try to bite them and can't it has to be covered up
The Fire-Starter - Used before
Ronnie - shoud probably be limited to a few time use o_O or will run the whole game
The Revenge Man - What happens when eaten by a wolf should kill one random wolf
Silver Villager - Vill inclined and wolf killer (Maybe should be allowed to kill anyone?)
Farseer - A pretty neutral role and can be easily used if there's a mob wink5
The spammer - One person lynchmob and I believe there already is this role
The Scorpion Man - Probably shouldn't be on anyones side or counted in stats and is only 3 times (Cannot stun evil people if evil)
The Doctor - Would be needed with Scorpion Man unless Scorpion Man's stun is only 24 hours (best)
The Betrayer - Nice wolf sider (kinda like what Xan did in wg41)
Secret/Vegetarian Wolf - Played before but vill inclined

P.S: Qu! I really wanna clean up your list sadblauw

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

The Pony: Once Per Day, The Pony may choose one other player. That player is filled with love and tolerance and the magic of friendship and cannot vote that day. However, The Pony may not vote him/herself, and his/her vote is chosen at random

Totally game breaking and silly, but also 20% cooler.

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 104

PostPosted: Wed 12 Apr, 2017  Reply with quote

I haven't read through the topic, I'll do that later, but wanted to add my suggestion before it's too late.

The Knight - Guard one villager each night. If that villager is attacked, the knight protects him/her and kills one of the attackers. The knight dies to his wounds. This reveals who the wolves/vampires attacked.

The Fighter - My version of the fighter would be able to protect one villager each night, kill one random attacker and live, but his wounds need healing for the rest of the game. So he's not protecting after that, but the villagers can trust him.

The Summoner - Can bring the dead back to life and attack a villager, wolf or vampire with his undead. Two undead to take down a wolf/vampire and one undead to take down anyone else. The undead is destroyed in the attack. Summoning is a day action and brings one dead player back as undead. Can only win by himself.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet

Last edited by Letaali on Wed 12 Apr, 2017; edited 1 time in total
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

The Fighter - My version of the fighter would be able to protect one villager each night, kill one random attacker and live, but his wounds need healing for the rest of the game. So he's not protecting after that, but the villagers can trust him.

But how can s/he prove their role? All the wolves would know who the victim was. Plus once they save once, the wolves have a free4all unless there is a sorc too.

Can you explain the summoner role?

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 104

moogle wrote:

But how can s/he prove their role? All the wolves would know who the victim was. Plus once they save once, the wolves have a free4all unless there is a sorc too.

Can you explain the summoner role?

Well I was thinking it was announced. If not, he could come out and say he protected that villager last night and people can either believe him or not. If he can't be trusted without a doubt, then it's not as powerful, but I think it's still a good role.

The Summoner is playing alone and just wants everyone dead/undead. During the day, he can resurrect everyone who has died as his minions. These undead are under his control and the dead players have no actions. During the day the Summoner can vote like everyone else, but also brings one dead player back to life. I think that can be an automatic action, because why would you not bring them back. Then at night, if you have undead, you can attack anyone or wait. If the target is a wolf and you have at least two undead, the two undead are destroyed and the wolf dies. If it's not a wolf or a vampire, one undead will be destroyed and the villager is killed unless protected.

I changed the summoning to one per day, I think that's better for balance.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Summoner seems to make it a 'new game' like the wolf/vamp hybrid game.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Ebilshrimp
Hidden Dragon
Astral Explorer
Ebilshrimp has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 31

I feel the summoner doesn't work from a balance perspective because either the summoner is getting a free unstoppable summon every day because there will be a hanging and a kill, it's highly unlikely there won't be a kill.

That's not really my problem though, my problem is this person also attacking. That feature completely breaks the game imo, if a villager dies then there's the potential for the wolves getting a double advantage, or if you chance on a wolf then a number which was already few is lowered for free, which is too much of a buff to vills. It doesn't make sense to include this role in the game. Unless you make it so the summoner can only attack once he has 4 undead, and has to sacrifice 50% of them. But then what's the victory condition if you have to sacrifice an undead, you can't make an army of them.

Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding and you can explain it to me? smile

Current LD goal(s): Reunite with my Companion Barrel.
Ebilshrimp
Hidden Dragon
Astral Explorer
Ebilshrimp has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 31

Another role not in the lsit is one I innovated myself, expanded upon by Marvin, here's his write up

"The Dark Inquisitor was used by Ebilshrimp before in a simpler fashion. He works similar to the seer but with a lot of special caveats, here's how: At the beginning he doesn't know who the vampires are. He can look at any player at night and will be told their role (and blessing status). He can also be blessed (but not have garlic). If he is blessed and bitten, then the blessing wears off (this "blessbreaking" does NOT apply to all other villagers). If he is successfully turned into a vampire, he loses his seer power. As a special twist, he will get dark priest power next to general vampirism (will be called Vampire Priest). He wins together with the vampires, but doesn't count towards their win-count before turned into Vampire Priest. His role appears in the alive-thingy. "

Current LD goal(s): Reunite with my Companion Barrel.
Page 3 of 7Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

print   ShareShare