Author  Message 
Magnus
Do a RC, Now!
LD4all addict
Wolfgame
LD count: 48

new WG and VG roles
PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2007  Reply with quote

the topic seemed to disappear so post the old roles you remember and create new ones

Hmm, I remember:
Mr popular
Mr unpopular
time monk
Soak
Ronnine
mob leader
hunter

Current LD goal(s): Play chess on the moon :), transform into a guinea pig
Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

whistle

In this topic your job is to come up with new possible and impossible) roles for WG and VG. (That we don't have here on LD4all, so feel free to steal from other sites tounge2(*Qu looks at a certain dutch page)

Post the name of the role and a short description.

WG roles

The Fighter
Each night he choose to protect a person, if wolves try and eat that person a random wolf will die instead.

The Eraser
He can choose a person each night and each day.
And it will erase that persons day or nightactions
If he chooses a wolf at night the wolves will not eat
if he chooses the seer, the seer can't see and so on
and at day if he for example choses a normal villagers
that villagers vote will be erasen.

The rainmaker
the opposite to the firemaker, now the later half will count instead of the first half

The false Resurrector
He will be told his role is the resurrector but his powers will be different , when he tries to use his power to bring back someone from the dead, that person will be added to the wolfteam but it will not be shown in stats

The Hunter
He chooses one person each night and if that person dies, the hunter will be able to track one wolf down, so the GM will send him the role of one random wolf

The false hunter
He will be told he is the hunter but when his victim dies he will be sent the name of a random non-wolf

the mindreader(pasQuale)
the mind reader can read if someone is truly innocent or not. Is allowed to use his powers once in the game on the one who has the most votes. PM's at daytime that he want's to use his powers. If the one with the most votes is a vill, then the next one in line gets killed instead

The ebil one
When she dies, she can take over someone else still alive.
So she will get that person role, and that person will die instead.

Mr Curiosity(pasQuale)
He is allowed to ask the GM anytime about the status of the game. At day he may ask who has the most votes, who is voting what, etc. At night he may ask who the seer is seeing, sorc protecting, wolves target. The only thing he is not allowed to ask is what role someone has
And the GM has to answer truthfully and not make something up

Mind controler(pasQuale)
This one may change the vote of one person or the wolves target at night. He PM's the GM at day the name of the person whose vote he wants to change and into what.
for example PM: I want to change moogle's vote into a vote for Fluffy.
Or: I want the wolves to eat fear tonight.

Mayority voter(pasQuale)
This one votes with the mayoritiy. Is allowed to PM the mayor: 'i vote whoever has the most votes'.. If it is a tie GM tosses a coin to decide the mayority voters vote.

the Ansie(pasQuale)
The Ansie may PM the GM in the beginning of the game what role she/he wants to be in the game. The role is then given to the Ansie instead of the previous player. After that the role PM's are sent out.

the secret keeper / keeper of secrets(pasQuale)
GM sends this person the night actions after each deadline. Doesn't get to know who did them but who the targets were.
for example: seer saw fluffy tonight, sorc protected magnus and wolves selected fear for dinner.

the Overtaker(pasQuale)
When the vampires infect him he will become the MV and the MV will become the youngest vampire. If there is no MV left he will become the oldest vampire and the oldest vampire will become the youngest vampire. If the priest blesses him he becomes the new Priest and the old priest is blessed.
Likewise in WG: if the wolves want to eat him he becomes a wolf, a random wolf dies in his place; if the seer sees him he becomes the seer, (and saw the seer that night) if the sorc protects him he becomes the sorc. (and protects the sorc that night)

The Tourist(pasQuale)
This person is not allowed to vote, but the wolves can't eat him / the vamps can't infect him / can't be blessed etc. Can't be voted out either. So basically stays in the game as long as the game lasts.

the cookie-baker(pasQuale)
can give a cookie to a player at night time - that person then keeps the cookie. Is allowed to give the same person more cookies over several nights. If the wolves target the one with the cookie they eat the cookie instead and after that they aren't hungry anymore so the person is save for that night. Cookie-person is informed they have a cookie or when the wolves ate his cookie.[/quote]

The Plague starter
A very sick person, if the vills vote out him 25 % of vills will die, if wolves eat him 50% of wolves will die
randomly selected ofcourse

The PIW
not Priest in waiting but Person in waiting, if wolves try to eat him, he won't get killed but will become an additional wolf, if sorc protects him, he becomes a sorc, if seer sees him he becomes a seer, if copycat copies him, he becomes a copycat, if cheater change his vote, he becomes the cheater, he can't become all roles but many

The Jail-person
That person can choose one person to be cast into jail and out of WG-group for 48 hours.
User will get a pm, you have been sent to jail.
The person will not be able to do anything then no day or nightactions

Mr Soak
when he uses his power, all the roles in the game, will be reshuffled, the players will get new roles and forget the old ones.
But only the roles still alive will be reshuffled.

the Dreamer(pasQuale)
The dreamer is so fast asleep that when the wolves eat him he doesn't realize he's dead. So even though he's killed he is still in the game. However he can't vote anymore. Well he can, but the vote doesn't count. He also doesn't count anymore as a player in the player stats.

The Resurrector
He can bring one person back from the dead.
Good if the seer, sorc dies

Leader of Lynch mob:
The player can one day chose to use 5 votes instead of only one, but only one of his votes will be visible, and when he used his power he can't use it again.

Example of use:

9 votes
moogle- magnus, duck, ansie, sanoma, TRJR,

2 votes
magnus- moogle, Q

so moogle has 9 votes but only 5 people voted on her, that means the lynchmob leader is magnus, duck, ansie, sanoma or TRJR.(I'm not telling you who it was)

The cheater
This person can change someone elses vote,
so if moogle voted magnus, the cheater can change moogle's vote to Q.

so for example
moogle says:
Don't suspect me, I was planning to vote magnus, the cheater must have changed my vote
the lynchmob kills moogle the next day.

The Time Monk
He can use his power to change night into day one time,
he must pm the GM before the night begins or vice versa.
can only use it once

example:
So GM writes:
The day has now ended, a new day has begun, you have to vote again
or night has ended, uh-oh the time monk erased the day it is night again

Mr Popular.
He is a villager that can't be voted out only eaten by wolves.
If he has the most votes in the day, he will be realeased and the second person on the list will be killed instead

example
5 votes for
Bruno-mag,Q, moogle.bayo, ansie

2 votes for
Q- sanoma, HebrewB

GM says: I wanted to kill Q instead so I did that.
Players discuss, that means Bruno most be Mr Popular. Let's hope the sorc protect him tonight

Mr Unpopular
The opposite to Mr Popular, if he has atleast one vote, he will be killed instead of the person with most votes

example:
5 votes
Bruno-HebrewB, moogle, Q, Magnus, ansie

3 votes
Q-TRJR, sanoma, opolious

1 vote
moogle-Wolf
magnus-april

Gm- the lynch mob killed Magnus he was Mr Unpopular.

The Believer
He is allowed to ask the GM ONE yes-no question that GM isn't normally allowed to answer.
He can for example ask the GM "Is moogle a wolf?"
"Will they wolves eat me tonight?"
(It's called the believer because the GM is a kind of God in the game tounge2 )

The Village idiot
she will be told that she is the seer, but instead the GM will just make up all the info he gives her, a wolf-would be a vill, a vill or seer- a wolf. The GM decides what to give her.
(optional as a bonus, she could get sorc-powers that she don't know, so each person she tries to see will be protected that night)

The copycat
He can choose a player whenever he wants and at the deadline he will get a copy of their role, so he could become a new wolf, a second seer, second sorc or just an ordinary vill if he is unlucky

example:
PM to GM:
Hi Gm I want to copy Q's role
Pm to player
You are now the second seer(but instead he got the village idiot role but he doesn't know that)

The coward
He can't be eaten by wolves, but he can't vote either.
But he can be voted out
Well if he can't vote won't it be easy to find him then?
No since, his vote will be randomly assigned to a player each day by the Mayor who loves this boy/girl and don't want him she to die due to idling.

The Fire-starter
He can one day set fire to the mayors vote, and mayor will only be able to rescue the first 50%, so they votes who were sent in first will count

example:
There has been a fire in the Mansion, I lost half the votes, but I will do as good as I can with what I have

Ronnie
This person can one day make chaos with the votes.
He will just send a vote to the GM on how he wants everyone to have voted, doesn't matter if it correct or not.
he can even have elephants voting if he wants.
So who get's killed is the question?
It depends what Ronnie does to the stats, he is in charge of the votes maybe noone get's killed or two people get's killed, let's all hope he doesn't kill everyone.
He can for example say

moogle was voted to be killed she was the sorc, even when she wasn't. (The stats will be corrected after the night)

The Revenge Man
When he get's voted to be killed, one of his "killers" will be randomly selected to die too

Bayo-magnus,Q and magnus

Bayo was voted to be killed but before he died he draw a sword and killed magnus too
Bayo was the revenge man, Magnus was the sorc.

WG
Sliver Villager(himebanana)

this villager has the ability to kill a wolf at night---but has no effect on a sorc, seer or villager

That's all for now, I'll try and think of more and please come with your own suggestions too

VG roles:

For vg (kuro-tsuno)
Master Vampire could have slaves simaler to the movie bramstockers dracula the person has been promised the gift of the vampire but not turned. Worshipper in a sense. This role could be given out to 1 or 2 players and could be used as a spy to help the vampires win the game

Exorcist:(BaYoNeTTe)
Can use his anti-darkness skills to free a vampire of his curse. But he has to kill him in process :D
If used on normal villager then nothing happens.
If used on priest or blessed he gets killed himself. (or anything else)

Blood dealer:(BaYoNeTTe)
When he is infected by the vampires then they cannot die of a lack of blood anymore (when attacking blessed; makes garlic weak, when strong garlic is used). He supports the vampires with lots of blood :D
Of course the effect wears off when he is killed.
He must know his role to make it funnier.

Yasha the unlucky priest:(BaYoNeTTe)
He is told that he is the priest but in fact he isn't. He is a normal villager. But when he is attacked on the first night then he dies.
(this is my favourite role ^^ )

Fortune teller:(BaYoNeTTe)
At day he has to decide that he wants to use his powers. At the following night he gets to know who became a vampire, if their is any new one.

Atheist:(BaYoNeTTe)
He doesn't believe in any mystic and thus isn't affected by blessing.

Undead Lord:(BaYoNeTTe)
Lives peacefully with the villagers (at least tries to do so). But when he is attacked by the vampires he is annoyed that those low creatures try to infect him, that he kills the oldest vampire. Blessing has absolutely no effect on him. Knows his role but will not be revealed on death.
This guy would make the alliance look really bad if they bless him and don't get a response, but then votekill him (in fact he helps the vills)

The Master (VG)(Dragon73)
If the vampires bite this person the MV dies but the person who is bitten becomes a new master vampire.
So the vampires bit The Master tonight... Magnus was the original MV and died. But the master is now the MV...

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame
LD count: 12

Ok as I first saw the title of this topic and that it was remade in the playground again, I was going to end my first post with: "then we have to bump it again every now and then to keep it alive but a simple gah should do" to remember everyone of the game, but obviously this was not really necessary...

Mob leader was 5 votes wasn't it?

I think we should write a complete description for each role again and edit it all into the first post again so we have a good overview.

I also remember Rainmaker, Firestarter, Tourist, blooddealer, undead lord, yasha (lachgroen), person in waiting and village idiot or something like that.

Slinking_Ferret
eh lef THER ee oss
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

BaYoNeTTe wrote:
Ok as I first saw the title of this topic and that it was remade in the playground again, I was going to end my first post with: "then we have to bump it again every now and then to keep it alive but a simple gah should do" to remember everyone of the game, but obviously this was not really necessary...

Mob leader was 5 votes wasn't it?

I think we should write a complete description for each role again and edit it all into the first post again so we have a good overview.

I also remember Rainmaker, Firestarter, Tourist, blooddealer, undead lord, yasha (lachgroen), person in waiting and village idiot or something like that.

GAH = The game is my doing

*Slinking_Ferret slaps BaYo

I demand credit lachgroen

All the ones I remember are in there now

himebanana
princess of bananas
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Yay all the old suggestions are back! smile

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

This tiopic needs a bump wink5

For all those who are signing up for next WG:
You can already start discussing your favourite special role here because if I come to GM next WG, then you will probably meet at least 2 of them :D
(sorc is likely to be abandoned though)
I think the hunter and maybe the fighter as a protective villager and maybe the revenge man or the mayority voter as rather 'negative' roles for the vills.

But of course new inventions are also appreciated wiske

Ansie
Little Dreamer
Dream Deity
Ansie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Wolfgame

I have my own special role named after me grin

*Ansie wonders why that role?

Sandra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

because with the "fake" VVG's you always had a great (double) role grin

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

*cough* she has a role every time she plays WG or VG, well almost every time. And in VVG you were MV!

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

the Overtaker(pasQuale)
When the vampires infect him he will become the MV and the MV will become the youngest vampire. If there is no MV left he will become the oldest vampire and the oldest vampire will become the youngest vampire. If the priest blesses him he becomes the new Priest and the old priest is blessed.

i like that .. it removes the feeling of immunity a mv can feel .. also gives the priest a chance of being safe from vamps

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Ansie
Little Dreamer
Dream Deity
Ansie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Wolfgame

pasQuale wrote:
*cough* she has a role every time she plays WG or VG, well almost every time. And in VVG you were MV!

Almost every VG/WG I have been a villager neutral Only once I was a vampire and only once a wolf. Never been a seer/sorc/priest/GD.

But I liked my VVG role ^^

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Sun 02 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

*Marvin revives this topic.
It might be pertinent for some players who are still insecure about joining WG 32

LukeJ
1337 h4xx0r
Novice dreamer

Hmm some of the new roles are quite interesting but some of them are just too overpowered or would have too big impact on the game. If you want to put new roles in next WG Im okay with: The Rainmaker, The Firemaker, The Hunter, The Secret Keeper, Plague Starter maybe, The village Idiot. But I will still play whatever roles you will put there. user

Also I have a new role: The Betrayer.
S/He knows his role. S/He plays with wolfs/vampires (works in both games), wins if they win, loose if they loose. S/He doesnt know who the bad guyz are and they dont know who The Betrayer is. S/He has to guess who they are and then help them with votes or anything....This role isnt revealed to seer if s/he asks about this person. Also if s/he is killed his/her role isnt revealed.
Hmmm maybe The Fire/Rainmaker could be random...like it could happen randomly not controlled by any player.

The HB
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
Wolfgame
LD count: 11

I have a suggestion!

The Vampire Hunter

Each night, the Vampire Hunter can choose to track one player. If this player is a vamp, they will kill the player. If they have any other role, then the Vampire Hunter lets them live. (Maybe see their role?)

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Fri 07 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

I have just thought of a new one (well I got the idea while I was posting some results last game but it came back when I prepared the current ones).

I will call farseer for now and he can be added as a replacement for the normal seer. In WG or VG he gets a PM after every day (day in the means of gametime). In that PM the GM tells him how many votes were cast on wolves or vampires respectively.

Page 1 of 7Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

print   ShareShare