print ShareShare 

Big "SP as a gateway to WILD" topic

Page 1 of 9Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Author  Message 
kaybee2
Experienced Escapist
Somniologist
LD count: 3½
Location: Georgia, US...the mystical land of rednecks and pine trees. Fun....

Big "SP as a gateway to WILD" topic
PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

<mod>for discussing SP and Old Hag other than using it to WILD please post in the big topic in Stuff forum </mod>

SP is definitely not what I expected when I WILDed last night. It was the closest I've ever gotten to a successful WILD, but SP was so weird that it startled me awake!

Okay, here's how it went: I woke up and did a short WBTB, then got back in bed and started to WILD. I became completely relaxed and mesmerized by the pretty landscapes and images that were appearing before my eyes. I remained concious and alert in my mind, watching the HI peacefully, completely calm. I think this went on for about 30-45 minutes until my entire body started to go numb. I couldn't feel any part of my body. I knew SP was coming soon; I was really starting to feel as if I was entering a dream. All of a sudden, my entire body started shaking like crazy. Serious, violent shaking. I was terrified by this (it definitely wasn't pleasant) and to top that off, I started hearing these horrible high-pitched buzzing noises in my ear and also this really loud, staccato "shh-shh-shh-shh-shh" sound that kept blaring at me, getting faster and faster. My heart felt like it was going about a mile a second. I felt as if I was having a seizure, my entire body just wouldn't stop shaking. Suddenly my body did this weird little jerk and I was awake, completely disoriented. It was then that I realized I'd entered SP, but the shaking had startled me so much that it'd woken me up.

Anyone have any tips for staying calm during SP? It scared the heck out of me....

Drown
LD count: 1

I had sleep paralysis the other night, but isn't SP just as it sounds? Paralysis.
I couldn't move my whole body and I had a tingling feeling all over, I enjoyed the feeling.

kaybee2
Experienced Escapist
Somniologist

I think it depends. Different people experience different things when going into SP. Some just get tingly, others feel like they're vibrating, others feel like they're sinking through their matress. You're lucky you only had to go through a little tingling!

mystery101
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 26

Ive had that experiance but I tryed stopping myself from shaking and I just woke me up.

MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

Most people (noobish people) thinks SP is the numb feeling you get from lying still for some time - When you are in Sleep Paralysis you are not able to move AT ALL. Tingling feeling or not, when you are in SP you cannot move! So trying to move would ruin anything! I'm pretty tired of comments like "I was in SP but didn't want to move cause I would ruin my WILD" - Bullshit -_-

Kaybee: Sounds like an exciting SP experience tounge2 Ofcourse you didn't shake for real, it was only a strong hallucination wink5

SRV
Somniologist
Somniologist

Congratulations Kaybee2, you've just entered the world of SP. I knew it was weird for you because it was the first time you experienced this phenomenon. But I can assure you that all the strange feelings you've had during SP are entirely hallucinatory. I know that the vibrations you have experienced seemed very real and that they are strengthened with the fact that you are fully conscious at this time. But still, hallucinations. So, the next time you have SP, play dead (hum in fact you're already paralyzed), don't panick, do nothing, the only thing you should think of is entering in the dream world consciously.
And for that, let the vibrations "transport" you into this world. Indeed, only mental thought can be effective during SP, therefore, you will have to move your "dream body" ONLY by thinking.

The secrets to enter the dream world by SP are :
- don't panick (the most difficult),
- don't care about your physical body,
- don't struggle,
- think only of entering the dream world
- if the vibrations are there through your body, let them "act".

LD count: starting over

SP can be scary. Its fun though. Follow SRV73s advice^^^....... SP is more real than you realize....

kaybee2
Experienced Escapist
Somniologist

It's hard to believe that was all just a hallucination! It felt so real.... I'm amazed that I actually go through that every night without realizing it!

I'll try not to panic next time. I'm hoping that since I've been through it now and know that it's not real, next time I WILD it won't scare me too much. So basically I just kind of ignore all those weird feelings and just stay focused on entering the dream. Okay.

I do have a couple of questions, though. Is there any way for me to get the vibrations to stop, or do I just have to let them stop on their own? If I relax will they go away? And what do I do when I get into SP? Just lie there and wait for my mind to be sucked into a dream? I've heard that a good technique is to simply try to move a part of my "dream body", like just moving my hand or something. Sorry for sounding like a "noobish person", I kind of am when it comes to WILDing!

LD count: starting over

The vibrations arent suppposed to stop, Stop, baaad. Just go with the flow when it comes to SP. Watch the HI, they should be reeaaal powerful by now.

kaybee2
Experienced Escapist
Somniologist

Okay. I'll just try relaxing and just letting myself enter the dream without trying to force anything. I'm going to try this tonight. Maybe now that I know about it and I've been through it, it'll be easier to face next time.

AsiAsi
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4.5

Advice on not panicking: Just stay indifferent to what is going on. Think stuff like, "whatever" "weird" "like, I'm bored". It's pretty funny, actually:-)

SRV
Somniologist
Somniologist

kaybee2 wrote:
Okay. I'll just try relaxing and just letting myself enter the dream without trying to force anything. I'm going to try this tonight. Maybe now that I know about it and I've been through it, it'll be easier to face next time.

Next time you may want to try to move your "dream body" mentally...
I know it sounds hard but if you will it you might get to move outside your room.

kaybee2
Experienced Escapist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

Coolness, the mods made this topic sticky! I made a sticky topic! I feel so special! :D Okay, aaaaaaaanyway. Just kinda had a little moment there. ^^

I didn't get to try a WILD last night, but I'm going to try again tonight. I'll try to become indifferent. I'll post my results tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have a high-level lucid to blab about! smile For now, I'm off to dreamland!

Bones
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Bones has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

I haven't got sleep paralysis yet, but I went for a WILD just this weekend.
I have heard everybody being really afraid of it, but it just seems kind of cool to me, either that or just pure indifference.
When I have more time I am planning on perfecting the WILD technique.
Classes get in the way of LDing way more than they should.
:D

kaybee2
Experienced Escapist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

Bones wrote:
I haven't got sleep paralysis yet, but I went for a WILD just this weekend.
I have heard everybody being really afraid of it, but it just seems kind of cool to me, either that or just pure indifference.
When I have more time I am planning on perfecting the WILD technique.
Classes get in the way of LDing way more than they should.
:D

I can seriously relate, lately I've been spending more of my night hours doing homework than lucid dreaming. Sigh....

Which is partly why I really don't have any updates to talk about regarding my SP adventures. Last night I was up til midnight (doing an uber-important web-surfing *cough*assignment*cough* ) and I don't try to WILD unless I know I'll get plenty of sleep. I like to make sure I'm in bed by at least ten if I'm going to WILD (seeing as I have to wake up at seven).

I have to admit, though, I am a little scared this time. Like, I won't be scared when it's daytime and I tell myself "Oh, I'll go ahead and try to WILD tonight", but when it comes down to it and I'm lying in bed with my eyes closed and that memory of those horrible seizure-like hallucinations, I get nervous about it. Part of me thinks it's really kind of cool, though, because it's all in my head and I'm facinated by how the human brain can make something that's just up there feel so physically real, even though it can't literally affect or hurt me at all. But I have to say I'm still a little scared.

Page 1 of 9Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

print   ShareShare