The source of ADD

I suppose that the source of ADD comes from too much instruction and not enough experience

too much left brain and not enough right

imagine from a three year old’s eyes

he is learning how to throw

the three year old does not need technical jargon

some technical jargon is useful, but then it is no longer jargon

the three year old needs a teacher who knows the three year old’s mind
this teacher, also being an adult, knows, technically, in the left-brain, more than the three year old knows

yet, the three year old knows, miracullously and with wonder, in the right-brain, more than the adult knows

the two indeed form a symmetry that, as ideal listeners forge through all soul and thought communion

allows

creativity

both are one another’s students

what is more dulling to the mind than a monotone dictator?

Most ADD is just parents coming up with excuses for why their kids arent doing well in school. ADD is no disease, just a lack of self control.

i agree with Daylight

but the REAL reason for ADD, and ADHD?

i already found that out

in fact, i made a ytmnd about it

realadhd.ytmnd.com/

voat 5 :3

Edited: Sorry, I misinterpreted.

:edit: you misinterpreted!?! While I was typing up that huge essay of a response, shit! I hope some of this is still useful.:roll: :

Everyone I have ever met who has been diagnosed with “ADD” exhibited creativity far above average.

And I do agree with the fact that those who exhibit symptoms called ADD by some psychiatrists have more right brain activity, it makes no sense to claim that those who cannot focus are better at logic, rationalization, and analytical thinking.

But ADD is not a disease, but just a difference in the way someone’s mind works. I do not understand the notion that people have nowadays that if someone’s consciousness is not totally continuous with everyone else’s, that that is somehow wrong. No. It’s not wrong, everyone is different, and mental function and consciousness are no exception. Those who have been diagnosed with ADD, such as myself or shatterspike, have no disorder or disease, there is nothing wrong with us, our minds just work differently than other people’s minds. We focus on things outside the realm of this plane of reality, and can focus intensely on other mental planes, and focus upon concepts, and we are then able to focus on individual pieces of information based on how they relate to various abstract concepts. It is just a different form of consciousness, not an illness or disorder. And medication does nothing to help, it does not change your consciousness, it only masks it. Because what happens when the pills wear off? That’s right, back to “ADD consciousness”. What people need to do is learn to integrate the way their mind works into the way society is set up and into the way other people’s minds work, which does not mean changing your own consciousness in any way, but rather reconciling your consciousness with theirs, realizing they are different, and working together to create a society that caters to different modalities of thought. This brings me to another point about ADD. The pills. In my lifetime I have taken Adderall, Dexedrine, Ritalin, Strattera, and Concerta. These pills are poison, and I advise all who are taking them to stop right away. I will mention Strattera(Atomoxetine) first, as it is the one I know the least about. All I know is that I was put on it by my doctor, and within hours of my first dose I could not eat nor get off the couch. I was a zombie, a very sick zombie, and never took that again, nor cared to learn anything else about it. The others, however, are a bit more interesting. For those of you on drugs like Adderall, Dexedrine, Ritalin, Concerta, Desoxyn, and many others, let me ask you this; do you realize you are taking legal speed? That’s right, all of these drugs are derived from amphetamine, which is a close chemical cousin to methamphetamine, the infamous crystal meth. Adderall is made of amphetamine salts, Dexedrine is dextroamphetamine, Ritalin and Concerta are methlyphenidate, and Desoxyn is methamphetamine itself. The doses of these drugs is usually given to you is about half what one would take if he were trying to use amphetamines for recreational purposes. Still feel safe about those drugs? They are extremely addictive, bad for the heart, hard on the brain, all of the negative side effects you hear going on with street meth use goes for these drugs, sometimes to a lesser degree, sometimes to a greater degree(though usually lesser). ADD is a sticky situation…

I don’t like people who use ADD or ADHD as a crutch. Although, that’s usually the fault of the parents. I have ADD myself and my brother has ADHD and I’m perfectly fine with it. I just have trouble focusing so I learn things in a different way than other people. The people who suffer with ADD are the people who are told it’s an illness or believe it’s a problem. My parents made sure never to give that impression on us. The doctor who told them that we had ADD and ADHD explained that you can still be successful living with it and that it’s not a problem. He had ADD himself.

Come to think of it, all the math teachers at my old highschool had ADD.
There’s also people on this forum who believe having ADD or whatever will hinder their ability at WILD. Well, that’s only if you believe that. Deal with it. :tongue:

Actually, research suggests that ADHD arises from a combination of certain genes.

Uh… yeah. I thought he was saying that kids with ADD had lower creativity, which is simply not true. However, ADD is a condition so minor, it barely feels like anything to me. If i misinterpreted the second time but not the first, then I stick by my orginal statement that this was bull.

This might sound funny, but I was diagnosed with ADHD and I got myself on the front page of a newspaper during my childhood. Surprisingly, the doctors mentioned in the article were recommending discipline instead of medications. Personally, I found it to be an interesting read and I could post it on here if there is some interest.

Sure, why not?

Sounds like it would be worth a read.

Actually, I’m deciding against posting the article because I think the only purpose of doing so would be to show off myself for being on the newspaper, and I think that would be called bragging. Perhaps that is why I found it to be interesting. :sad:

Besides, I’m sure that pretty much everything on the article can be found on the internet.

Hey, put it up!

Don’t worry for it to be bragging :hugs: