That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

I WILL DIE soon
PostPosted: Wed 14 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

nope not really , i hope atleast
But imagine , you were told by your doctor you had only live a few weeks , how would you react ? what would you do ? Be more serious about religion ? Visit far relatives ?

State what you would do , and why

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

I would say that i would do all these crazy things but that would probobly be a lie.
I would probobly just try to get closer to my inner self, maybe meditate, visit loved ones. Go in peace you know

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Reaction - "About time...Let's just hope theres something interesting on the other side."

What I would do - Read the Bible and take note of everything in it(Christianity is my religion) Do good deeds to strangers, walk into danger without a care. LUCID DREAM! smile

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

dude ? you really wanna shorten the time you have left by dieing in accident ????

phantom_lover_4ever
That one crazy girl
Somniologist

Tell my honors lit teacher how much I hate her. Then tell my brother how much I hate him. I mean, I'm going to die anyway...

Oh, and, Sos? LOVE your avatar!

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

Re: I WILL DIE soon

I would probably think positively, do lots of autosuggestion, imagining myself get better. I would also, in case that fails, hehehe, spend lots of time with loved ones and tell them how much they mean to me, which really should be something we should do anyways, regardless. I would do charitable things to get in the good books with the Old Man above me (he'd probably know this, oh well, he HAS to love me!!!), and basically try to enjoy life to it's fullest. I would also like to spend a night at a Buddhist temple. I've always wanted to do that. Make peace with myself and my loved ones, basically.

It's a good question Sakoda. Thought provoking. I've done a type of meditation before, that I learned from a Buddhist book. Anyways, it entails imagining that you would die an hour from the period of meditation, and basically just go through your life currently, to find out what really matters to you. It's very interesting.

burning_idle
Runcible Agent
Dream Deity

Cheery thread.

I think that I would try to finish as many of my currently unfinished stories, poems and paintings and sketches as possible. That would be the most important thing for me I think.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

I'll probably try and evaluate what I've done in my life, and try and sort out some loose ends if possible (should there be any).

I wouldn't get more serious about religion, as I don't believe in eternal damnation (any conversion attempts will be ignored, so don't even bother, thank you), and also because I don't think there would be any reason to delve into it at that specific time, as I'd be soon getting all the afterlife, answers, and enlightenment about it I could possibly want having to experience it directly (should there be an afterlife).

DayLight
RIP Albert Hofmann
cookie lover
LD count: ?

I would stop procrastinating and being shy and find some lovin'. After that, I would take my newfound love-of-my-forty-day-life, and travel to the South American wilderness. Before I left, I would take all of my beautiful teacher plants; my cactus, my brugmansia, my calea, everything, and boil it down into a brew to drink hours my lights go out. What better place to die than in the rainforest with someone you love while seeing visions and dwelling within the heart of consciousness?

Hamedo
Shamanically Swoon
Lucid Initiate

Well I've already been told I would die by an MD before. Conventional medicine is only really great in the trauma department. If you want to be healthy and get healed, go with alternative medicine. I know it's a little off topic but, the best thing you can do initially is drink some kombucha, and get yourself a 1-3 intestine/liver cleanse kit. You won't be disappointed! grin

And btw, I would probably do the same thing as DayLight.

Orange Element
Dreamland War Hawk
Somniologist

Re: I WILL DIE soon

Sakoda wrote:
nope not really , i hope atleast
But imagine , you were told by your doctor you had only live a few weeks , how would you react ? what would you do ? Be more serious about religion ? Visit far relatives ?

"Damn, I'll be more careful next time! I hope there's enough time to replay all my favorite games... Maybe I'll time it just right..."

sirius)(black
digital dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: a few

Sakoda wrote:
dude ? you really wanna shorten the time you have left by dieing in accident ????

i do see myself doing more dangerous things if i were told i'd die soon,

because then i would think "i'll die soon, so it doesn't matter if i die a little earlier than that, at least then it'll probably be faster"

i don't know what i'd do really, probably just go on with my life, maybe make preparations, arrange the funeral and stuff, because then it's sure to be the way "you would have wanted it"

but no, i wouldn't revert to religion or annything

orange element wrote:

"***, I'll be more careful next time! I hope there's enough time to replay all my favorite games... Maybe I'll time it just right..."

hahaha, i'd probably do that kind of things too,

i'd also try to make sure no one grieves too much, i'd hate it if people would be devestaded of me dying, that's also something i'd probably tell people when i am old, don't grieve me, it'll only hold you back, and it won't help one bit

Saffer
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 24

DayLight wrote:
I would stop procrastinating and being shy and find some lovin'. After that, I would take my newfound love-of-my-forty-day-life, and travel to the South American wilderness.

So, why you cant do that right now? Why does the knowledge that you will die soon, relieve you of your shyness?

Current LD goal(s): Talking to dream people
sirius)(black
digital dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: a few

haha, i know very well why the knowledge you would die would end your shyness: there's no consequence for being a complete ***, so you don't need to worry people will think badly of you if you're very open, so you stop being shy, because shyness is often caused by a fear of being thought badly of

Saffer
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 24

Come on do you really think that people will have BAD THOUGHTS about you if you ask a girl out?

Current LD goal(s): Talking to dream people

print