An interesting state when becoming lucid

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Milesbh
Lucid Student
Somniologist

An interesting state when becoming lucid
PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

I've noticed that the two times I've become lucid recently, I realise I'm dreaming when I feel like I'm on the border of waking up, and I actually try to stay in the dream. I also seem to shrug my lucidity off (I'm always in low level lucidity). Anyone else experience this? It's kinda annoying, cos I never think to try to increase my lucidity.

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

i think thats called lucid awakening ..... try the search funtion to find out more
dude , i can't belive nobody bothered to answer this no

worm
Heavy Metal Dreamer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 17 so far.

Re: An interesting state when becoming lucid
PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Milesbh wrote:
I've noticed that the two times I've become lucid recently, I realise I'm dreaming when I feel like I'm on the border of waking up, and I actually try to stay in the dream. I also seem to shrug my lucidity off (I'm always in low level lucidity). Anyone else experience this? It's kinda annoying, cos I never think to try to increase my lucidity.

Actualy, thats how ALL my LD's looked like. I think those are just low level LD's.

luciddator
OBEoligist
Somniologist
luciddator has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

I think its kind of weird for me because usually when I try to scream "increase lucidity" or do the rubbing hands thing my dream completely fades away which is way I often stay away from those techniques. Luckily for me my lucid dreams are usually pretty long...
The Luciddator

NightSky
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 1 so far

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

That's what happens to me too! The only "concrete" lucid dream I've had was super low-lucidty and other times I think in my dream that I'm dreaming, but I don't do anything about it... It drives me up the wall! lol.

luciddator
OBEoligist
Somniologist
luciddator has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Sat 15 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Well I've realized that I don't have to do the "increase lucidity" thing because I've noticed my Lucid Dreams are very concrete and clear as if it was RL. So I am trying to find a way I can counter waking up from lucidity commands.
The Luciddator

CRW
Natural
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 16 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Yeah I remember one time I yelled "increase clarity" and everything became extremely detailed, but then it all turned black and I woke up.

The only thing I've done before to stay lucid that worked was when I was fading out and I just tried to concentrate really hard on what I was seeing... it's hard to explain because my vision was blank but I sort of "knew" something was there and eventually it appeared along with the rest of the location. I can't remember exactly what I was concentrating on though.

Page 1 of 1

print